Donovan Nixed from Real Madrid Game

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by MLSinHD, Jul 13, 2005.

1. MLSinHD

MLSinHD Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. subbuteo

subbuteo New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

I'm sure Real supporters everywhere just breathed a sigh of relief ;)

3. TequilaJoal

TequilaJoal Red Card

Mar 3, 2002
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you serious

who the hell is going to buy my tickets now?

no donovan, I've have never wished for USA loss this saturday ever... til now.

Shlt!!! no umana, no marshall, no vaegnas, no donovan, and who cares about pando....

this is going to be fvcking embarassing..... tell HDC grounds crew to put more lights in the score board to keep up with this slaughter.

FVCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't hamilton and the FO promise to put the most competitive team to play real madrid. nice way to talk outta your azz before you could deliver.

4. MLSinHD

MLSinHD Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe the article mentions that the rest of them will most likely be there. I still have a feeling that Landon Donovan will be there and there will be some concessions made. I mean he is the face of the Galaxy and American soccer whether people want to admit it or not.

5. GalaxyFutbolForever

GalaxyFutbolForever New Member

Apr 21, 2005
    Los Angeles!
    Marshall and Umana are supposed to come, but I can't believe that Donovan won't. Bruce is mean.

6. Asprilla9

Asprilla9 Member

Dec 15, 2000
    Beaverton, OR
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you guys are kidding right?? less than 1 yr from WC, Bruce is not going to overuse his players. LD plays enough matches as it is ... let's not burn him out.

7. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    maybe Landon doesn't want ot be there, so he uses BA as his excuse.He is a Galaxian but hes still a lil whiny bitch

8. Davids26

Davids26 Member

May 31, 2000
    Guatemala is eliminated from Gold Cup play. Either one of Jamaica or the US will be too by this Saturday so you'll have Marshall or Donovan. Hopefully you'll have Marshall... Also cheer for Honduras against Costa Rica...

9. elknco1

elknco1 Member

Aug 20, 2004
    landon's come off the bench in the past 3 games hasn't he? wut overuse?

10. cosmojado

cosmojado Member

Oct 18, 2002
    in sin
    yeah I think landon pu$$ed out

maybe he doesn't want to get clowned by Real in front of Bianca

we should probably prepare for another "i don't want to touch a soccer ball for 3 weeks comment"

11. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    Consider this possible scenario:
    -play a Concacaf gold cup quarterfinal match in Boston Saturday
    -fly to L.A. from Boston Sunday
    -play Real Madrid Monday
    -fly to New York Tuesday
    -practice with national team Wednesday
    -play Concacaf semifinal Thursday

Donovan's been playing an average of two games a week for the last two months. Not playing a Real Madrid friendly on Monday in the middle of the Concaf gold cup is not "pussing out," it's called getting your priorities straight.

I'd love to see Donovan play RM as much as anyone, but it's a friggin' friendly people! I'd much rather see the USMNT in the gold cup finals.

12. cosmojado

cosmojado Member

Oct 18, 2002
    in sin
    for the amount of $$ he's making he should nut up and play for his club

13. 562nation

562nation Member

May 10, 2004
    (562)areacode LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The gold cup is crap anyways, but regardless if LD is there or not we are still going to get our asses handed to us. So enjoy

14. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    Fox Soccer Channel should know better.. They have started running their promos for the game and they say " ... Real Madrid take on Landon Donovan and the LA Galaxy.." :rolleyes:

15. GalaxyFutbolForever

GalaxyFutbolForever New Member

Apr 21, 2005
    Los Angeles!
    I know I saw that. How dumb. :rolleyes: They're confusing people.

16. grasskickin

grasskickin New Member

Jul 8, 2005
    Grass Valley CA
    Kobe Bryant flew from Colorado after his court appearances to LA to play in Laker games the SAME night, and he was definetely not burnt out.

Plus, like someone else said, Arena hasn't even been starting Donovan to give some younger guys playing time anyways, so why's Arena being such an A$$

17. ashaman112

ashaman112 New Member

Aug 30, 2004
    Moreno Valley, CA
    I was checking out the lineups for the NE vs. FCD game and lo and behold, both Dempsey & Noonan were playing the game for NE. Granted, both the MLS game and the Gold Cup game were played in the same place, but it didn't seem like Arena had a problem releasing them to play. Perhaps if the next Gold Cup game was played in LA, Donovan would/could be here.

18. FakeHuman

FakeHuman New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Southern California
    FSC (Fox Soccer Channel) just advertised that LD was playing tonight, my wife also heard something simular on KROQ earlier this afternoon. can someone confirm this?

19. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're terribly mistaken.