Done deal -- SJ franchise to Houston.

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by BlueMeanie, Dec 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dakotajoe

dakotajoe Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Medford, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Done deal -- Quakes to Houston.

No owner. No stadium. Ain't gonna happen.

2. doppelganger

doppelganger Member

Jul 6, 2001
    santa cruz, ca

have to echo this statement...

what little momentum that was created to save our boys was crushed by aeg...

the only thing that will keep me going to san jose wll be the airport...I will be the dude driving with his middle finger extended the entire time...

3. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County

All good things must come to an end. I will not wail or gnash my teeth over our loss, as I know it would give great pleasure to some gloating galaxy fans and others of ill repute, and I will deny them that, if nothing else. A bitter pill, to be sure, but one I'll take in private. No curse under heaven or hell is suitable enough for the bungling idiots that let my team get away, so I will not pronounce one.
    I have met many wonderful people at the tailgates and after season parties, viewing parties, etc,etc... And I'd like to thank them now for all their hard work in making the Earthquake experience a positive one: Robert, Nap, Erin, Pat&Elain, Pat(the hat), Mike Turco, Noah, Jay, Scott or Steve(?), Guy, Bill(the grill), Jonny Moore(the wee man), and so many more that my alcohol damaged brain won't recall right now, if I left you out please don't take offense. Many of you I only know by your BS names and i've met several fans of other teams that post here and enjoyed a beverage or two with them. Some of the Big Soccer people I'll not miss at all, ie: Dustin(ElHefe), mike segroves, topper, 9/10 of the galaxy fans, and all the hardcore trolls that live to make other people's lives miserable.
    I am done with MLS, they're dead to me as of today. My money will go to different things now and I will save a considerable amount of cash by not investing in MLS. Tickets, Direct Kick TV package, team jerseys, etc,etc.
    MLS can kiss my ass on my way out of the door, perhaps we should change our tagline to that.

4. Nadir

Nadir New Member

Mar 29, 2005
    Campbell, CA

I am numb. I can't beleive it. I don't know what to say. This will really sink in when the new season starts with no games at Spartan. That is when it will hurt the most.

5. clashcityrocker

Mar 12, 1999
    In the shadow of RFK
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes

Just like LA is one of the best markets for the NFL...

6. smpfi65

smpfi65 New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    BySoLeDaDsTaTePriSoN

Thanks a lot Buddy that's very inspirational & motivating, and yes ! ! ! we will move forward with this fight becasue its not over yet ! ! ! ! I can really assure you of that because one thing for sure is that I would like to see one day here in the Bay Area a European style SSS with the benches so close to the action I think that is very exciting. Once again thanks for your support from abroad that is very touching. Take care buddy ! ! ! :)

7. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Just like all the other fans there, I have a very long list of memories, memories which will be savored.

Guess that's all we have to go on now. :(

8. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Not so.

The Dallas Stars' history, including records and stats and such, includes their time as the Minnesota North Stars. Similarly, the Tennessee Titans history includes their time as the Houston Oilers.

It's a case-by-case thing.

9. leocal11

leocal11 Member+

Feb 7, 2005
    San Francisco
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

F--- MLS and AEG

10. Sharkbait

Sharkbait Member

Aug 9, 2003
    Cary NC
    Club:
    DC United

I always thought that the 'Quakes are (sigh, were) one of the class teams in the league who won with skill, hard work, and daring. No one who ever saw it will forget the amazing playoff comeback against the Galaxy a few years back.
    Your team will always be a part of this league's history, and will be thought of well by all fans of the game. Here's hoping you'll be part of this league's future, and that future will be controlled by people with a true commitment to growing the game and team there.

11. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001

Why blame AEG?

12. IBleedTeal

IBleedTeal Member+

Jun 2, 2001
    Yves Fiat
    Club:
    Juventus FC

"This really bites" - Stinkey from Hey, Arnold!

13. IBleedTeal

IBleedTeal Member+

Jun 2, 2001
    Yves Fiat
    Club:
    Juventus FC

Its a ********ing simple answer to a simple question.

They are moving our team to Houston.

Nothing more, nothing less.

14. Al Salinas

Al Salinas New Member

Apr 11, 2000
    fremont

N.Y. New Jersy?

15. SJSoccerFan

SJSoccerFan Member

Feb 7, 2001

My office overlooks the Quakes office in downtown SJ. Since about 10:00 am today, there has been a parade of people coming and going. Lots of what appear to be long faces, hugs, etc. Periodically people have congregated in small groups in front of the office or their vehicles. You can tell they are standing around not saying much the way you do when hit with bad news that, no matter how hard you wish it otherwise, you cannot do anything to change. Very sad.

Whether everyone is to blame or no-one, it's just very sad.

16. europa1057

europa1057 New Member

Jul 24, 2002
    California

Geez, the one thing I read here today that brings a laugh and it's courtesy of a Galaxy fan. Did I wake up in bizarro world today?

@#%& you, AEG, @#$% you very much.

17. pwave

pwave Member

Jul 28, 2004
    ValleyOfHeartsDelite

Here's a nice eulogy

18. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm not here as a member of the Riot Sqad nor am I here as a Galaxy fan. I'm here as someone who loves soccer and all I can say is that despite my humorous diatribes in FAN v. FAN, I truly wish this wasn't happening.

I'll miss the biggest rivalry in MLS.

I'll miss the roadtrips.

I'll miss watching a quality team in NoCal tear it up.

And yes, I'll miss some of the fans I've met.

From this Angeleno, you have my condolences.

Sincerely,
    Tommy Mack

PS: Bill Reeves... prepare the Mullen sock for transport.

19. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thanks.

The Houston Texans records don't count those from the Oilers. The original Houston NFL's team name was "retired" to speak.

Just that the Cleveland Browns was the primary example.

20. bpc

bpc Member+

Jul 21, 1999
    Silicon Valley
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes

Well put BK. It was a pleasure to meet you and everyone else I ran into while supporting our Quakes and I wish you all the best.

21. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001

So nothing more than because they are a business and made a decision in their interest. You do realize the EQs would have left sooner without AEG right?

22. bluenblack

bluenblack New Member

Jul 15, 2005
    San Leandro, CA

Thanks for the kind words. You came not only as a fellow fan but a human being.

23. yalpstel

yalpstel Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

SnakeEyes:

You've got to be kidding me! Coming here AT THIS TIME to babble off your trash.

GO AWAY you frickin' SNAKE!

24. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001

My questions are reasonable. Just because ******** has blown up doesn't mean reasonable questions and discussion can't take place at the same time.

25. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo

those of us in the bay area...who do we support now? I'm confused. i cant see myself going for the houston team...and forget the galaxy. maybe chivas. who knows.

this sucks. i still think the quakes will be back. hopefully, the bay area won't turn into the Los Angeles of soccer. this always happens. charlotte, cleveland, minnesota, houston...all these big cities lost teams and got expansion teams in various sports. i still don't see a better market out there for soccer here...although i guess i'm preaching to the choir here. hah.

and to echo the sentiments on here, i want the houston whatevers to have a clean slate. they shouldnt take our name, records, or anything.