Does the Mexican National Team play too many of its games in the US?

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by Levante, Mar 4, 2003.

1. Heródoto

Heródoto New Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Guanajuato, México
    Hugo Sánchez está completamente en lo correcto. he is absolutely right. Unfortunately we can't change that.
    and about the southwest of USA becoming mexican land again, don't worry we don't need to take it, that land will return to México by its own will, not now but some day.The re-colonization is working. ¡Viva la raza! ;)

It's called FOOTBALL and LGRod repped this.
  2. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Columbus still works in June, just not as well. Over 1/3 of the seats would go to season ticket holders...US fans all. Then if the USSF sends out a mailing to its list, and the USSF prioritizes among the "US soccer family," they'd come pretty close to filling the place.

The problem at RFK was that even after they'd gone throught the US soccer family, they hadn't sold even half the tickets. And Hondos bought most of the rest. So the crowd was 50-50.

Columbus is great because there will be enough people that they can make some noise, but it's small enough that the USSF can legitimately have "preferred" customers fill most of the seats.

3. punk_in_drublic

punk_in_drublic New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    just for the record, in here (mexico) they have always complain about the americans refs, and lately about mexicans too, just a few days ago the presidents of colibris and america complain really hard about them...

4. lasoccervegas2002

Jul 7, 2002
    this planet
    but we make some money too, i think we've got percentage of ticket's sales and stadium rental.

5. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Interesting. I think of the re-colonization theory every so often, such as when reading the results of the census.

Only difference is I believe that the borders will remain the same. Mexican-americans and all other latin americans combined together will one day be a political force in the southwestern United States.

It is just a matter of time and education.

6. The Wanderer

The Wanderer New Member

Sep 3, 1999
    One day? The arrival of an ethnic group is aften signalled by it's economic might and purchasing power--and when companies start marketing directly to those groups. As such, Hispanics have already arrived here in the U.S.

Any fantasy dreams of 'recolonization' would have to take into account how Hispanic culture changes after first generation immigration---a lot.

Bilingual education has been eradicated exclusively because of that reason and rightfully so IMHO(Hispanics are the only ones who end up learning two languages, and it denies the rights of other ethnic groups to learn another language which is unconstitutional)---we don't want the Southwestern part of the U.S.A. to turn into another Quebec.

7. Heródoto

Heródoto New Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Guanajuato, México
    but it will happen (actually it's happening right now), and nobody can avoid it. Besides a Latino who speaks english is not a gringo but just a "Latino who speaks english" It's just matter of time and empowerment of the latin community. ;)

It's called FOOTBALL repped this.
  8. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Meza was my favorite Mexican coach of all time.

9. The Wanderer

The Wanderer New Member

Sep 3, 1999
    Keep dreaming. The U.S. will never allow any kind of separation within it's borders. Talk to the former Confederate States of America about that one.

10. Heródoto

Heródoto New Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Guanajuato, México
    I am not dreaming, besides i never said it will occur soon, This has begun already though. And finally you are wrong if you think it will be a "violent separation" no, it will be (it is) a cultural and demographical matter. Totally peaceful. And that my friends can't be stopped by the bullets. sorry. ;)

But this is a football forum, let's talk on football

It's called FOOTBALL repped this.
  11. rob88

rob88 Member

Nov 23, 2005
    Mexico city
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Cancún, sería una buena plaza para la selección.

12. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  13. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    that was a bad take.

14. Californian81

Californian81 Member

Chivas
    Mexico
    Oct 26, 2017

I agree with him. Hasn't been as extreme, a mass exodus or anything, but family members and friends of mine don't talk about gameday like we all used to. The games pass by like nothing now.

They need to take them to Mexico for a break.

I don't even tune into the friendlies anymore like I used to. Just grew tired of it. Too many shit games.

btw, nice 16 year bump.

15. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yes. Need more games in europe and south america. Even some less visited parts of Mexico(leon, toluca, torreon, pachuca, etc). We dont need 20 friendlies in shitty Texas and the death traps they call a field.

JJV1994, Kaney and Philip J. Fry repped this.
  16. rob88

rob88 Member

Nov 23, 2005
    Mexico city
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    But the Federación love matches in US, due to dollar money earnings.

17. Californian81

Californian81 Member

Chivas
    Mexico
    Oct 26, 2017
    Julio 18, 2020
    Mexico vs Ecuador
    Reliant stadium

No te lo pierdas.

JJV1994, Serg33, LGRod and 1 other person repped this.
  18. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I guess I did. :D