Do we have the numbers?

Discussion in 'Charlotte FC' started by teucer, May 23, 2012.

1. teucer

teucer Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Raleigh, NC, USA
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The RailHawks just sold out a mid-week game in a single afternoon.

2. RAL_United

RAL_United Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Raleigh
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True and very amazing! However, as a MLS club the same would have to happen for two times that number of people and even that amount (13k) would have to be the minimum over the entire season. Definitely a step in the right direction, and hopefully there will be a lot of return fans for the regular NASL games -- especially since we'll have a whole other section to fill!

3. RAL_United

RAL_United Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Raleigh
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just curious, what is the common opinion for attendance averages for 1) to get MLS to commit to an expansion here, and 2) for the first season to be a success

my opinion is:
    1) 9,000 (out of 10k capacity) two years in a row
    2) sell out for every game (so depends on the stadium... 21-22k?)

4. Bulldog SLC

Bulldog SLC Member

May 4, 2012
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't mean to butt in to y'alls forum, but I started reading your expansion threads because I am a Durham native. This subject interests me a lot. I make my home in Salt Lake City and a diehard supporter of Real Salt Lake. I really wish you luck on this venture. I would love a MLS team in my home town area. Keep in mind that RSL averages about 18,000 a match. I think the Triangle area could match that if the ownership commits to marketing. Maybe Jerry Richardson would be the candidate? The reason I say that is that it's my understanding that he owns Bojangles among other restaurants? A big reason IMO that RSL is so big here (other than the affordable prices) is that Dave Checketts is in a group that owns some Subways and KFC's and they market it very cheaply through those avenues. The only downside to this is that he would probably want the team in Charlotte and I am partial to the Triangle. I really hope you don't mind me me joining your discussions, but I would love to make this happen for my home town.