Do not adjust your television set

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by FootieBloke007, Sep 11, 2003.

1. FootieBloke007

FootieBloke007 New Member

Apr 25, 2003
    Chicago
    Hala Sighting: The Sequel?

Liam,

Somebody posted seeing you walking around Naperville a few months back. It ended up being a look alike.

Just this afternoon I think I caught you driving East on 94 in a Saturn I think. I was the guy in the white Subaru with the Fire and Liverpool stickers. Was that you? If not, you got some evil doppleganger lurking about the city.

2. alf

alf Member+

Jun 29, 1999
    Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    There are lots of pasty white boys in the Chicago-land area.

3. Arsonists

Arsonists New Member

Jan 25, 2000
    Banks of Plum Creek
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    Yes but not many with a foot long!

4. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    Speaking of seeing people, Coz you already know that I saw you on TV when you were in Korea and I was in Germany. I wanted to know if you have any family in Pennsylvania, specifically near the lansing/harrisburg/hershey area. I stopped at a place that sells VW's because the Jetta that I had just picked up in NJ suddenly flashed the check engine light. The guy that scanned my car with his computer was a spitting image of you except for 2 things, 1) he seemed to have full sleeves (tattoos) and 2) he had short bleeched blond hair. But he could have easily been a brother or cousin of yours.

5. Yeah, those sideburn mullets are a hoot. :rolleyes:

6. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Hala Sighting: The Sequel?

That clinches it. Couldn't be him. Liam drives a lowrider 1985 Yugo with a spoiler and one of those hydraulic kits that makes the car bounce up and down.

7. FootieBloke007

Apr 25, 2003
    Chicago
    Re: Re: Hala Sighting: The Sequel?

Did he have a Dancing Hula girl on the dashboard? The guy I saw on 94 did.:D

8. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: Hala Sighting: The Sequel?

No... he has a "Buddy Christ" figurine on the dash. His rear-view mirror is kind of weird. You know how some people have a soccer ball in a sack dangling from it? Well, he has two soccer balls dangling in the sack with the left one slightly lower than the other.

9. Re: Re: Re: Re: Hala Sighting: The Sequel?

Is it a foot long sack?

10. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Unless it was a 96 Civic and it was after the game Saturday it probably wasn't me. I don't drive much at all anymore.

BTW: I think there will soon be an end to this sideburn/haircut thing.

11. FootieBloke007

Apr 25, 2003
    Chicago
    Hala Sighting: The Sequel?

Good idea. The Saturn guy was sporting it too. Time to a start a new trend as there are too many Liam wannabes around now.

12. Wait, this is hillarious. I actuallly, literally ran into Hala on Wednesday in the neighborhood of Chicago and Dearborn, downtown Chicago. He really does not drive much anymore because I think he was going to the train station. The weird thing is that this was actually my first visit to this particular area in about 5 years.

13. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    No family in PA, but I've found over time that I'm hardly unique-looking, as scary as that sounds.

Although if I fully commit to not having a day job, I might go blonde again. I'm sure you were all dying to know that. I'm still entirely ink-free, because my inclination for something meaningful is probably way too complicated.

Later,
    COZ (still the "Where's Waldo?" of Chicago soccer)

14. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Speaking for Irishmen everywhere, this is a genetic impossibility.

:)

15. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    That was funny cause I walked right past you and your brother. And you came back...I gues it's excusable cause I was on the phone with Abby on the time I think (she thought it was hilarious I ran into you).

I was on my way to the Brown line Chicago Ave el stop, headed home after a far too long day at work.

Did you enjoy your indian food? I would have joined you but I was tired and don't particularly care for Indian food...there are a lot of better restaurants around that area too I'd have told you about had I known you hadn't been there in so long!

16. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    [​IMG]
    "Hey-o!" :D

17. Thai food, babe, thai food. We were going to the Star of Siam on the recommendation of an Indian guy though! I did not make the decision. It was my brother's name day (I know I know this is a European tradition not celebrated in America) and his call. So you would not be invited since it was a family outing :) .

And yes, you walked right past us, even though I screamed your name. Your conversation with Abby must have been very absorbing.

18. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Ha. And actually, it is something my family has done from time to time.

19. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer

OOOHHH I'm tellin' Cameron.

20. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Hahahaha!

21. Is there a Saint Liam?!

P.S.
    Don't you think these girls in match.com ads in the side bar are getting more and more undressed? The last one actually looks like she had something stuck in her "swimsuit." I am looking for more but this would probably make BigSoccer a webpage with "over 18" restrictions. And just out of curiosity I went to that page (match.com) but saw only a bunch of girly losers. What a waste of time it was!

22. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Not that I'm aware, but there is a St. Joseph and a St. Murtagh.

23. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I thought this was your job? How much do they pay Mods with Mullets anyway?

24. whirlwind

whirlwind New Member

Apr 4, 2000
    Plymouth, MI, USA
    Patron saint of Mel Gibson sidekick characters?

[​IMG]

25. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    No.

I don't really think it's a mullet, either...it's too long on the sides.

Whatever. It's all going soon enough anyhow.