DMVSoccer.com - Guest Contributors Wanted

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by DannyUpper90, Mar 12, 2015.

1. DannyUpper90

DannyUpper90 Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Maryland
    Hi everyone, I'm a lifelong DC United supporter and soccer fanatic, I just wanted to introduce myself real quick and see if anyone might be interested in an opportunity to contribute to a website I'm starting.

My name is George and I've played and watched soccer since I was 6. I played for DeMatha (class of 99), am a lifelong DC United supporter, and also do some coaching on the side with a local US academy team as a volunteer. I wrote for Yanks Abroad for a couple of years as a freelance journalist and op-ed contributor, covering the National team and interviewing players such as Clint Dempsey, Tim Howard, Gooch, Beasley, Freddy Adu, etc. I would say that soccer is my life, which I'm sure is also the case with many of you reading this.

I've recently started a new website, DMV Soccer, which will focus on soccer in the DC, Maryland, and Virginia area. It is a small side project which I hope to build over time. The goal will to be to allow local soccer clubs to post events (charity events, tournaments, etc.), cover local club and players news (from development academy and high school soccer to MLS and pro level), DMV players who are playing overseas, etc. I am in the process of installing a classifieds section where local players can post boots and other equipment for sale, and also have some interviews lined up which may have a lot of potential.

I am looking for a local DC United fan who might be interested in writing some DC United game recaps, and maybe even posting a news update, op-ed, or blog post from time to time. You don't necessarily have to attend the matches to write the recaps (obviously we don't have press credentials yet, but if the site gains some momentum over the next year or so who knows), I'm mainly just looking for someone who loves the black and red and the beautiful game who may be willing to help out from time to time.

Writing experience is a plus, but not mandatory. Like I mentioned earlier, this is a side project for me which I hope to build from a grassroots level. I am designing tee shirts which will hopefully help to monetize the site, but until the site has a following, reputation, and some revenue coming in, I can't afford to pay anyone quite yet. However, if you start posting to the site and I can see that DC United pages start to get more reads, I'm willing to discuss compensation.

If you're looking to contribute to a local website which genuinely cares about soccer in the DC MD and VA area, or if you know of someone who might be interested, please visit http://www.dmvsoccer.com/write-us/ to apply.

I'll do my best to monitor this thread, please feel free to ask any questions you may have.