DMB - Champions League Team of the week (Substitute)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Wahoo, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Wahoo

Wahoo New Member

Aug 15, 2001
    Seattle, USA
    Hey all, I was just nosing around other sites and came across this.

http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/v4/l0/s22/e6885/sport_lng0_spo22_evt6885_sto654534.shtml

DaMarcus was named to the Champions League Team of the Week... albeit as a substitute. I can't imagine they put Ronaldinho out there in front of our boy... must be that Euro-bias... oh wait .... darn... must be some conspiracy I can use. :)

Bad news for Timmy Howard as Carroll is picked in the starting lineup.

Now how would you like to play on an actual team with those teammates?

2. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    Yeah, I posted on this yesterday in the match thread but they are too busy debating DMB's preference of malt liquor (Schlitz v/s Old English) to notice this accomplishment.

Actually, It's not Malt Liquor they're arguing about, but it is something similarly stupid.

Anyway, it is a great accomplishment for DMB & yes, Howard might raise the Carling Cup before he plays in the EPL again.

3. Wahoo

Wahoo New Member

Aug 15, 2001
    Seattle, USA
    Ah, well then kudos to you for seeing it :)
    I stopped looking at that thread after the 3rd page of debate so missed your post.

4. johan derksen

johan derksen BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 14, 2004
    Venlo, Netherlands
    :p

Although, if it were Maradona and Pele arguing in that thread about how bad his first touch was it might have been interesting instead of pathetic.

5. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not so bad for Timmy when you consider how even they have Casillas backing up Carroll. :p

Don't worry about the situation, Timmy still has a bright future.