dispatch review

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by crewzer1308, Nov 4, 2004.

1. crewzer1308

crewzer1308 New Member

May 11, 2004
    Ohio
  2. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
  3. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Fid I think it's free again. I was able to read two articles from that link.

The article from the 2nd is quite good for CBC.

4. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it's only free for a short time though. In fact, today might be the last day.

5. YITBOS

YITBOS Member+

Jul 2, 2001
    1.3 hours from CCS
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is what I read somewhere on their site as well. They opened up a "free subscription" during the elections.

6. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
  7. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    adu is a finalist for ROTY?

jesus christ...

8. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Worst game: the 0-0 tie? Heh, it was probably the most boring..

But I've got to say some of the losses were worse. Dc United beating us 3-1 springs to mind.

9. DEAC

DEAC New Member

May 25, 2004
    Cincinnati
    I've still not seen GA explain anywhere why he used Washington instead of Cunningham, why he flip-flopped Wingert and Frankie and why Sanneh was an A-mid for this game.
    Has anyone seen a quote from him explaining these decisions?
    Or, in addition, why Buddle was singled out for poor play in NE when reliable guys like Elliott and Sanneh also weren't good there?

10. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Supposedly from folks I have talked with about this; Washington was superior to Jeff and Edson in the week of practice leading up to the game on Sunday so he got the start ahead of both of them...
    To keep Steve Ralston honest, that actually made sense.
    We'll never get the answer to that one.

11. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Break the bank to re-sign Stern John?

12. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Didn't Stern John transfer to a D1 team(or whatever they're calling it this week). I don't think FIFA would allow him another transfer before January. In fact based on our window and when he can be available, I don't think he'd be available until next August.

13. 10 fan

10 fan New Member

Mar 21, 2004
    United States
    I don't have a problem with Dante starting in the game, but he shouldn't have started "ahead of Cunningham and Buddle." We needed goal(s) and if Dante was playing well in practice, then he should have been in with Buddle or Cunny, and Martino back in the midfield.

The better question is not "Why did Dante start," is it "Why were both Jeff and Edson on the bench?"

14. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some have said that Jeff missed a few practices that week. I'm not sure if others have reported this, just what I heard.

All relations between Cunny and Greg must be pretty much gone. There's just no other explanation for him not showing up for practice. And, no, Jeff haters don't give me any spiel about how he doesn't care. He does.

15. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    I thought he played his best game ever. He was a factor On D (REALLY!), made some good passes, moved the ball around, and attacked when he had an opportunity. It doubly pisses me off that Tony called him off the PK. JC came to play.

16. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    PRACTICE....PRACTICE....your talking to me about PRACTICE?

17. 10 fan

10 fan New Member

Mar 21, 2004
    United States
    I don't believe that about Cunny not showing up for practice, and I won't ever believe it until either one of the coaches or one of the players say it publicly. There's no reason anyone wouldn't show up for practice in the week before a playoff game, even if he was fighting with Andrulis. Andrulis lied to us earlier about Cunny being injured, and this is probably another lie (manufactured by GA) about Jeff skipping practice.

18. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what I had originally thought..But like I said, I heard it from a semi-reliable source at the game. Just wanted to pass it on, but again, it's not to be taken for a hundred percent truth.