Disenfranchisement

Discussion in 'Elections' started by Matt in the Hat, Oct 26, 2004.

1. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    It's Virginia- why bring a nightstick to a gunfight?

2. dawgpound2

dawgpound2 Member

Mar 3, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA

Actually, this is good news.

GringoTex will NEVER vote democrat again after election night.

I promise.

3. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

"challenges of eligibilty"?

Who is challenging their eligibility? I mean... I want everyone to vote... provided they are eligible to vote... are you checking or just allowing ANYONE to vote? There are rules for eligibility...

Let us know!

IntheNet

4. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It means he's going to be kneecapping anyone with a "Bush/Cheney 2004" bumpersticker, t-shirt, or pin in the parking lot before they can get to the voting booths.

5. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then he's gonna have a friggin heart attack when he sees me! I got more "W" stickers then Carter's got liver pills! I'll take his kneecapp stick and shove it where the sun don't shine!

IntheNet
    Bush/Cheney in 2004

6. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Except they can't wear campaign stuff in the polling place. So we'll have to ask questions, and shoot later, I guess.

Lots of people have died to protect our right to vote - let's have it be the bad guys for a change.

7. dawgpound2

dawgpound2 Member

Mar 3, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA

You go first, Dan. PLEASE!!!

8. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So much rep deserves to be handed out in this thread, but I already used all mine up for the day...

9. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ALEXANDRIA, VA – Fabrizio, McLaughlin & Associates (FMA), a Republican polling and strategic consulting firm based in Alexandria, VA, has just completed their third likely voter survey with interviewsconducted ONLY in the remaining 12 battleground states.*

In the three-way Presidential ballot, the race is dead tied in these crucial battleground states with BOTH President Bush and Sen. Kerry receiving 47% of the vote. Ralph Nader receives 1.6% while just 4% of the battleground state likely voters are undecided.

However, as the data below illustrates, when the data is weighted to reflect minority turnout based on the 2000 exit polls, Sen. Kerry leads by 3.5% and if minority turnout is weighted to census levels Sen. Kerry’s lead expands to 5.2%.

“It is clear that minority turnout is a wildcard in this race and represents a huge upside for Sen. Kerry and a considerable challenge for the President’s campaign. If one assumes minority turnout exceeds their 2000 election levels, then it appears a number of these states would tip to Sen. Kerry,” Fabrizio
    concluded.

http://fabmac.com/releases.html

10. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hence, Republicans' efforts to make sure that as many of those minority voters stay outside of the polls as possible.

11. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By the way, as a lifelong Democrat, I would like to offer my sincerest thanks to the Party of Abraham Lincoln for their latest efforts in making sure that blacks and Hispanics will continue to be loyal Democratic voters for years to come.

The only thing I ask of you is to remember this the next time you fret about why those ethnic groups continue to be so loyal to a party which "takes them for granted." Just remember, we may or may not be taking them for granted but we're definitely not trying to keep them from exercising their voting rights.