Ding Dong!

Discussion in 'China' started by xfactor857, Dec 15, 2006.

1. PKchoppa

PKchoppa New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Dong's got some skill.. but to watford???:confused: very close to renegation.....but would be good for experince on the english game

2. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    SINA says he'll probably get #21.

3. dlimhs

dlimhs New Member

Jan 8, 2007
    West Virginia
    LONDON, Jan 17 (Reuters) - Manchester United's China striker Dong Fangzhuo has been given a British work permit and is clear to make his competitive debut for the Premier League leaders, the club said on Wednesday.
    [​IMG]
    Photography/GettyImages
    Dong: Spent two-and-a-half years in Belgium

United signed the 21-year-old from Dalian Shide in January 2004 but sent him out on loan to Belgian club Royal Antwerp, where he scored 35 goals in 61 games.
    Handed shirt number 21, Dong is now eligible to turn out in league and cup games for United and has signed a new contract until 2010. He has only played previously for them in pre-season friendlies, scoring the winner against Kaizer Chiefs in South Africa last July. 'We're all excited he has eventually arrived and can start playing,' United manager Alex Ferguson said. 'He sacrificed two-and-a-half years at Royal Antwerp, which showed great patience and determination. 'He is quick and athletic and he can only improve by training with the first team squad here.'

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=400324&cc=5901

WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!

4. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    congrats to Dong Fangzhou, hope to see more of him. He did what he had to do at on loan to Antwerp and now its nice to see him with a ManU shirt.

heard that the chinese press like SINA wrote an article being very supportive of Lee Dong-guk possible move to Boro, and been praising the Korean players in the EPL. Well i would like to just return the complement to all the Chines fans here.

hopefully, Dong Fangzhou will start getting some play time for ManU soon in whatever shape or form and develope further. Competition is going to be fierce, and Dong Fangzhou is obviously not gonna break into the team anytime soon.

But he is only 21, he gonna be trainning with the best, and perhaps get loaned to other EPL clubs, someone already mentioned a Watford rumour, playing for Watford will be a great opportunity, his contract with ManU is till 2010......plenty of time to develop into a great player.

He seems physically strong, tough and quick with an eye for a goal, well suited to the EPL style of play. A great prospect and with the right management will become one of the stars to represent Asia in the Premiership.

Good luck and best wishes.

5. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004

Go #21!

6. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004

Going to a different team he may get to play more consistently. In ManUtd he's the number 7 choice striker at this point. But as long as he gets to tag along the first team I don't mind seeing him sit on ManUtd's bench with mininum PT.

7. yrboarder

yrboarder New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Thanks for returning the complement, aguy2die4! I myself always cheer for Korea whenever they play against european, south american teams....:)

8. PKchoppa

PKchoppa New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Dong probably will get loaned out as Man Utd wont be likely to let him hav some PT half way through the season and the competition is so close..

9. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Dong can also be tried on the wing.

10. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    After Arsenal kicks the crap out of United tomorrow, there will actually be a title race again, its not going to be a situation where you Fergie's going to be willing to plug an inexperienced kid in just anywhere. If they don't loan him out and barring major, multiple injuries, I don't expect Dong to see significant playing time (if any) until the title has been decided

11. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Keep the faith.

12. dalianho

dalianho New Member

Dec 30, 2005
    Toronto-CDN
    Do you ppl think if Dong goes to Watford, where he can be a starter or play 20 minutes a game of the bench, that it will benefit fit him more than Royal Antwerp? I think so. I hope he does goes to a bottom of the table club like Watford or Charlton and gain some experience.

13. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    He sticking with Man Utd.

14. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    I think this is a friggin given...There is a huge difference between the Belgian 2nd Division and the EPL...He's on a team packed with talent and in the middle of a title race, he's the new guy on the block with no top level experience, he's the LAST guy Sir Alex is going to turn to. On the other hand, a loan to any EPL squad where he's going to get playing time, even if it means every other game or a half here and there is far more than he'll get with United this season.

15. LosMerengues89

Jan 1, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, but he is way down the pecking order even on the right wing. After C. Ronaldo, there is Park Ji Sung, Ole Gunnar Solskjær and possibly even Darren Fletcher. Am I missing anyone?

16. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    I wouldn't consider Ole and Fletcher right wing competition. Ole is needed as a striker. Fletcher is slow and dull.

There's also the left wing. :p

Keep the faith.

17. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Dong's time will come eventually. Rossi will be loaned out to Parma and Larsson will retire soon.

18. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    i don't disagree, though both the events you talk about aren't going to happen this season...His time will come, but at the earliest, it will be next year...

19. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    hasn't rossi been loaned to parma already?

20. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    yeah, i missed that, this transfer period has been so boring...

21. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He scored in his first game i think.

22. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Yea and Larsson's loan deal is only 3 months IIRC. He's going back to Helsingsborgs in March.