News: Diego Maradona - News & Comments

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by Loco, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Thanks, that was a great match. Maradona and Valderrama too good for words.

2. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  3. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    El Pibe(The one with the goofy hair, let me rephrase that, the one with the Side-Show Bob hair) is 49?? Damn, I did not think him and Diego were that close in age. Interesting stuff, this brings back memories of 93. I recall reading an article of Colombia being the great enigma of the sport. With the second most populated country in SA they just can not find their form. I think this time they may make the WC, if FIFA gives 4 automatic and a 5th play-off game. Would not mind seeing 6 SA teams at a WC.

4. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    btw,someone's uploading Diego's video from his Sevilla's day

He's still the best even in his mid 30, it's impossible to stop him until someone grab and pulled his shirt. Messi is still quite far from Diego's level, he clearly lack the strength of Diego.
    ...too bad his teammate here were always wasteful.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8nHh4_O0co"]YouTube - Maradona with sevilla (1992 - 1993) PART 1[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YydWC5H-C9E"]YouTube - Maradona SEVILLA´92.[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2qfy8GWwSM"]YouTube - Maradona with sevilla (1992-1993) PART 3.[/ame]

5. haihaihai

haihaihai New Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Talented players have never been a problem for Colombia. Even today, they have some amazing fellas. From Falcao, Rodallega, Pablo Pino to Racing's own Gio Moreno, including European-based defenders like Zapata, Cordoba, Yepes, Armero and Zuniga.

Its such unfortunate series of coincidences that have been hampering this fine footballing nation. Messed up football governance with 1 inept coach after another. On talent alone, they would be only behind Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay in South America.

6. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
  7. RacingGirl

RacingGirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 8, 2005
    SoCal
    Club:
    Racing Club de Avellaneda
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    From Ole:
    Diego garpa

[​IMG]
    I wonder if we would be the first country to have a sports figure on a bill.

8. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Maradona scores a goal and dives in Chechnya:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMcKxL-oflQ"]YouTube - Diego Maradona plays football in Chechnya![/ame]

9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL! Chechnya? I heard they been doing this for the last few months now. They get a bunch of past players(pay them a ton of money) and put on a show. It seems that Diego has put on some weight again which is a shame. And Chechnya is not a republic not sure who the President is lol.. Glad to see a war-thorn region of the world putting on a nice show though.

10. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    well, lets see how this man look at diego's age :p

[​IMG]

11. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007
    I give him 6 months, max.

12. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think he will enjoy Dubai... Pep Guardiola was in Qatar before coaching Barca.

13. Jeddy Rasp

Jeddy Rasp Member

Feb 10, 2007
    out to lunch
    Not even that long..:p

14. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  15. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

When it comes down to football, Diego only cares about himself. He talks about, taming Brazil's water, now this. Diego, seriously, let it go, you lost the job, go make your millions in the UAE and enjoy your life. Stop being so damn bitter.

16. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Unfortunately couldn't find a video of the whole convo, but pay attention to Ruggeri's face.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4ECwEmyhkM]Café veloz.[/ame]

17. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Diego is going to be Grondona's undoing.

Let's weight the benefits:

Diego talking shit, although the truth

vs

Grondona falling and leaving AFA

What's the better of those two evils?

Ill take Grondona leaving AFA. Maradona always talks too much and we have seen those effects but we've yet to see Grondona leaving AFA and the resurfacing of Argentine soccer.

18. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007
    "Si improvisás, te comés cuatro goles" :rolleyes:

6 a 1 con bolivia, 3 a 1 en rosario con brasil, 4 a 2 con catalunya!!! ............y el recordado 4 a 0 con alemania si lo de batista es una pelicula de terror lo tuyo es martes 13 y chuky !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL, the Chuck was cool.

20. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Maradona post 1994 is the cost, what we have to pay for what Maradona gave us between 1978-1994. And lets say that we are paying right now may not be worth what he has giving us.

Every time Maradona opens up his mouth I feel like I am on pins-and-needles. Its so obvious that Maradona is just out punish AFA and everyone else bc he is anger. When the whole time, Maradona should be looking inward. Maradona's ego demanded that he be allowed to coach the NT, while he had no real coaching experience, his tactics were a awful.

We all knew that he should not have been given the NT; but he kept putting preassure on AFA via the public that he (Maradona) be given the NT. Maradona was given a chance, and he was a failure. And we all knew from the start that the Maradona coaching tenure was going to end badly.

Now, mark my words, Maradona is turning against AFA and Grandona. But soon, he will start saying things about the players from the 86 team. And soon, if Messi continues to dominate, Maradona will say sh#t about Messi.

21. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Diego continues to take shots at Aguilar, Israel, and Don Julio...

http://www.ole.com.ar/river-plate/futbol/Passarella-banco_0_508749379.html

"No le echo la culpa. Esto pasa más por Aguilar, Israel y alguien que los apoyó para hacer todo el desastre que hicieron"

The "alguien" is Grondona. I wish other Boca fans would look at Maradona's side of things and see that the descenso of River is part of a bigger picture, which has nothing to do with club, fans, or players... its a bigger plot involving the scum that is Grondona. In any moment he could do the same to Boca if he felt like. Aguilar is on the Copa America comittee and he works for FIFA so if people don't think Grondona is the cause of River's downfall please think again

Grande Diego!!

22. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I for one know exactly what you are saying and don't find any humor in it. Sure the jokes flew amongst family and friends, but in truth this is a travesty and a national shame, our AFA, our league and in fact "our" game is being threatened by these few ass-hats :(

23. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Many a true word is spoken in bitterness.....

These incompetent corrupt idiots all need to be cleared out and the whole system streamlined at the AFA with people properly qualified to run the game ie in terms of business, developing the junior structures, tackling corruption and violence taking over.

At present the AFA is an old boys club.

24. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    only at present? When was it ever not?