Diego Forlan is on a ROLL!!! AWESOME FINISHER!!

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by bourque312, Nov 5, 2003.

1. bourque312

bourque312 Red Card

Oct 16, 2003
    Did you guys see that goal vs. Rangers?? That had to be goal of the year!! Forlan can finish with the best of them. He practically handed Ruud his 1st goal in a month on a silver platter too. Forlan is KING!! I dont know why they didnt play him up front w/ Ruud all along

2. Luther_Gabriel

Luther_Gabriel New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    Forlan is a very good finisher...but I just want to mention that Manchester United have Ole Gunnar Solskjaer too, a world class finisher if there ever was one. When he gets back from his injury ManU will have three top quality strikers.

3. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    Don't drink the kool-aid so quick. He has been great as of late, but he need to keep this up for a lot longer before he becomes the King.

4. haven

haven New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Boston, MA
    No, Diego Forlan sucks. He couldn't hit a barn door with a beach ball. I've never seen a worse striker.

:mad:

Don't jinx him!

5. Penarol1916

Penarol1916 Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    It's too late, the jinx is already in affect, he'll probably miss two sitters this weekend and he's probably ruined for Uruguay's qualifiers too. Thanks a lot bourque.

6. bourque312

bourque312 Red Card

Oct 16, 2003
    screw all you haters. Jinx my ass!

7. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
  8. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Bah!! The streak is over now!!! He'll go the next fourteen months without scoring and be sent to the Slovakian league to finish off the rest of his days.

(Oh wait, I'm a Red Sox fan... damn superstition)

9. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This is what happens when you go against the mighty mtkillamanjohno

10. Pinesol13

Pinesol13 New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    NY
    He didn't score in the last game!! The Streak is Over!!!! HE SUCKS NOW!!!

.....anyways. I think that his recent hot streak will give him a boost, and he will perform better than he did last season. But he's still got a reputation amongst a lot of people that he has to overcome. I like Forlan, but during his dry spell in performance it's hard to support him. If he can keep the good times rolling the rest of the season, I will be pleased.

11. Penarol1916

Penarol1916 Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    I think that they key with him is let him play. He's obviously got some mental issues more than anything, and I'm just not sure that he is suited to play for a high-quality side where he is not sure about playing time and thus more likely to press and make a stupid mistake.
    I think that the best situation for him would be to go to a mid-table club where he would get consistent playing time and gradually become a consistent quality player.

12. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    To follow up such a sensible post I think I should add...

I agree completely, Forlan too lame for ManU, Anelka to good for ManSh!tty so we should make a swap, we could also loan them, Bellion and Barthez for the rest of the season...

I was trying to be stupid when I typed that, but the more I think about it, it cant be that outrageous can it???

They would get Forlan for Anelka and get Barthez, and Bellion, we could give them first option on Bellion if we decide to release him in the future but this way he could, might get some first team football...

13. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
  14. van_da_man

van_da_man Member

Aug 4, 2003
    UK
    well done forlan!

15. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    damnit, he is just recovering from the last bout of praise... haven't u guys learned your lesson??? he prolly wont score for weeks now... arrrghhhhhhhh

16. Penarol1916

Penarol1916 Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    I am just hoping that he will recover in time for the next round of qualifiers. Also, if you saw the match, you would have noticed that he missed two extremely easy chances in the first half, so he didn't really recover until the second half, just to begin the recovery, Forlan is crap.

17. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The problem is his consistency, or complete lack of it... he can score some lovely goals, and miss some easy chances, and make some tough chances look routine and then lose a game on a sitter... all in the space of just a few matches... he should really only play to spell tired players... and in squad rotation... i welcome the return of Solsjkaer who is better, more consistent and has a much better hair do...

18. chinofan

chinofan New Member

Jul 18, 2003
    Uruguay
    I don't remember any lost game because of a Forlan miss. But I do remember that you wouldn't be the champs of England without him.

Beside that you people are so biased (in a negative way). I remember in the pre-season he scored as many goals as RVN and got more MVPs than him but in that time you all only talked about the miss he did.

I'm sure if Forlan could score 566 goals a season you'd still consider him crap.

19. bourque312

bourque312 Red Card

Oct 16, 2003
    Are we talking about the same Forlan who just scored 2 goals vs. BRAZIL in World Cup qualifiers??

20. bourque312

bourque312 Red Card

Oct 16, 2003
    LMFAO!!! Forlan just scored the goal for Man U. to beat Panath 1-0. Jinx my ass- Forlan is a goal scoring BEAST!!