Did we create Fabio Paim

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by Roy Da Silva, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    For 2 years all we have heard off is Fabio Paim this and Fabio Paim that. He is the next Cristaino Ronaldo and the next this guy and the next that guy. Well here are my observations.

He has done nothing in the under 17 team except score a goal vs Malta.

He does not even play a full game for the juvenus in Sporting academy.

He is no Cristaino Ronaldo because at 16 Ronaldo was playing under 19. So is Paim the real deal or is he a legend only beacuse we have made him. Your feedback.

2. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    Maybe he is just taking a while to develop. You never know!

3. Hurley

Hurley New Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Porto
    The kid is still 16 years old ffs, its too early to say if he´ll be good or not. You expect every young kid to become a new Figo or a new Rui Costa, and if they dont live up to your expectations, you see them as a failure. I dont know about you, but since I follow football, I have seen many "next big things" becoming total flops and Paim may not turn out to be as good as Figo, but I´ll be satisfied if he becomes atleast as good as Capucho or Pedro Barbosa.

4. PAUL SILVA

PAUL SILVA New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Who knows Roy? Maybe , maybe , maybe......
    How old is he 16? His mom is still packing his lunches!
    I don't think you can grade any young player until he can show what he's capable of at the top levels of the game. So many show great promise and go nowhere, others are never heard of and suddenly appear from nowhere.

5. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Magno Fonseca his much better

6. El Ardillo

El Ardillo New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Delaware
    yeah...rushing much. when i first became a soccer fan about two years ago, i was shocked at the earliness a professional player starts his career. i was utterly baffled that these little snott-nesed pricks were prancing around like ponies on the pitch while beign rougly the same age as myself. even ronny is only 2 years older than i am. i was kinda baffled jealous that i never had a soccer career...*cries*...returns to discussion.

i think they need time to develope and such. its not like they suddenly pop outta their mothers and the doctor says "this one's gonna be the enxt figo"

it just doesnt work that way. but as i have noticed, portugal fans make alot of hype about their young talents. and usually, its right.

7. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    We might be wrong these time :eek:

8. deco_#10

deco_#10 Member

Mar 22, 2004
    Montreal
    What does him not doing anything in three games have to do with anything? Shevchenko plays with Ukraine.... they suck it doesn't make him any less of a superstar... And about Paim playing for the U19... why? why would he play there? our U-19 is probably our best age group. There's no place for him there. And maybe Ronaldo was able to play with the U-19 team becuase he developed phisically faster then Paim... there are many things to take into consideration. C Ronaldo is a big Kid. Trust me Paim will be huge. I've heard stories from people in Portugal saying that he is the real deal.

9. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Everyone is talking about Paim, but Candeis will be much better.

10. deco_#10

deco_#10 Member

Mar 22, 2004
    Montreal
    Candeis said himself that Paim is something special...

11. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    Paim is better than Candeias in the overal, but we can't compare them, one is a winger other is striker, Paim is not created by our imagination, he is a big prospect, but this NT sucks, one of our weakest Nts in youth levels. He doesn't play full time in SCP's team cause' they smash all team teams, so there's no need to let him play 90 minutes, this is the reason why he is always substituted, the SCP's manager want to rest him

12. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Given SCP's history in developing star prospects (Futre, Figo, Simao, CR, to name a few), I would be more inclined to say that they know exactly what they are doing in terms of this kid's development. DvA hit it on the head with him not playing a full 90 with the youth team - they constantly play well and are chock full of talent, so he doesn't need to play the full game. His talents are for real - give it time and you will see. Also, he is only 16. By next season, I wouldn't be surprised if he plays a match or two with the "A" team.

13. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    What about Ze Mario...isn't he only 15...how's he comin along?

14. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yes. Question answered. But it beats having an un-informed media and press creating your players.(Freddy Adu, Landon Donovan = most over-rated players in the entire world)

15. NoNameBoys

NoNameBoys New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    A Catedral
    The Fabio Paim hype started with CM. You know, the computer game. He is one of the best young players to get in Champ Manager. ;) In all seriousness though, I think we're jumping the gun. Let's wait a few seasons until he cracks SCP's senior team, then we can properly judge his talent.

16. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    i already knew him before he was put in CM, he's famous :cool:

17. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Paim scored 2 goals and had a assist in his last game in 40 mins of work. He very rarely plays the full game.

18. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    he doesn't need to play a full game, Sporting is winning, so they rest him, good option of Sporting's youth manager

19. FábioPaim

FábioPaim New Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Vice City
    FábioPaim,I just heard of him from CM,a computer game. :cool:

20. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Fabio Paim scored the goal in Sporting"s 1-0 win over Benfica. He played 85 minutes.

21. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    In action against Benfica with The Sporting Juvenis
    [​IMG]

22. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Against Naval [​IMG]

23. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    welcome Fabio Paim :D

24. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    JuveLeo - great pics on the "mystery prospect" we call Fabio Paim! I'd rep ya, but I am not being allowed to do so - we need to get rid of that red and get it back to green (it really is a lovely colour :p )

25. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    wow! hes was a mystery until we got a picture. seemed like forever that we did. great job for whoever posted the picture. fb seems fit and tall hope to see him in action.