did LD bring the teeny-bopers out to the All-Star game?

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by todda74, Aug 4, 2002.

1. todda74

todda74 New Member

Nov 4, 2001
    Annapolis
    I was at the game yesterday and for anyone else that was there did you happen to notice the makeup of the crowd? It seemed to me that a rather large crowd of teenage girls were there.
    I'm bringing this up because at DC United games the only teen girls I see are usually there with their families but I noticed alot of girls were there with their friends in large groups.

is this part of the Landon craze?

2. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    Yes, they were quite a few!

3. Popero

Popero Member

Jul 5, 2002
    CT
    Hey, the ladies love Taylor Twellman, too.

4. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    i wanted to go for el (hot ass) diablo. but alas i waited too long to get a deal on plane tickets. but my cousin went and she said he's the hottest hispanic in the world.

5. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    re: did LD bring the teeny-bopers out to the All-star game?

First off, I'm not a teen. second, my name is with two pp's. Third, I could not make the game??

:)

6. Soccer-Six-Shooter

Soccer-Six-Shooter New Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Arlington, VA
    Thats nothing

All the teeny boppers go to the womens game. The Washington Freedom have tons of kids especialy pre-teen and teen girls. I'm a DC United fan primarily and have attended a few Freedom's game. I have nothing against the teenage girls or anyone from having a good time, but after awhile the cheers and noise is annoying. Cheering Mia Hamm forever and using balloon stix. All those kids get to you.

7. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Re: Thats nothing

Maybe so, but I have a hard time objecting to teenagers going to a women's soccer match.

8. chayes

chayes New Member

Feb 29, 2000
    Raleigh, NC
    There was a pre-teen girl sitting in front of me with a Landon Donovan Strike Force T-shirt on.

If they buy a ticket, who cares?

9. detter7

detter7 New Member

Jun 14, 2000
    PA
    Yeah, Landon had his crew there. You should have seen the girls in my section go crazy when he scored and took off his shirt.

10. DML99DML

DML99DML New Member

Apr 24, 2001
    Chapel Hill, NC
    there was a girl sitting in front of me who had on a tee-shirt that she made that said...

"Landon ROX my world".

11. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville
    Mullet fever

That is a truly damning statement.

12. Bambule GK

Bambule GK New Member

Aug 16, 2000
    The ATL
    LD must have one big ass station wagon.

And, btw, I sure as hell hope he brings 'em. How many freakin' dorks on these boards have trotted out the "we need to attract the youth" threads.

Well, guess what, these are a part of that youth demo. we're always kvetching about.

13. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Victoria Paysee was the one acting like a groupie..........

14. todda74

todda74 New Member

Nov 4, 2001
    Annapolis
    hey i'm not complaining if there are girls showing up just to watch LD. Paying fans are fans, and hopefully that will enlarge the fan base. I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this. Has he been in Tiger Beat yet?

Now what are those girls going to do when he gets shipped back to Germany?

15. usagoal

usagoal Member

Oct 19, 2000
    Las Vegas
    Is she Veronica Paysee's little sister?

16. Lab Mouse

Lab Mouse New Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Kalamazoo, MI, USA
    He wasn't nominated for "favorite male athlete" this year for the Teen Choice Awards...and hasn't been in either that issue or the most recent one. There's just not enough room with all the boy bands, Josh Hartnett, Ben Affleck and Aaron Carter floating around out there. They've all squeezed Hanson out, too. ;)

As for your second question...I suppose they'd subscribe to Bravo, that German teen mag I used to read when I was taking German in high school. However, I don't think some parents would care for it...it has nudity and stories about teen sex in it. They also have a sports version which isn't quite so nasty--Olli Kahn is on the cover this month.

17. PumaJohnny

PumaJohnny Member

Nov 30, 2001
    Draper
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    noticed it to

There were a lot of teenies with everything from the word 'Donovan' painted on their shorts to one who had written it on her stomach with the O in Donovan around her navel. My wife and I had a good laugh,

18. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two words - Santino Quaranta

He's got the name, the looks, even the pierced eyebrow. Soccer's Bad Boy.

MLS should put out an Album by Strike Force, featuring Landon, Bobby, Tino, DaMarcus, and Devin. Should we throw in a Justin? All boy bands need a Justin, and we've got one.

19. detter7

detter7 New Member

Jun 14, 2000
    PA
    The 20 year age difference is not nasty over there?

20. detter7

detter7 New Member

Jun 14, 2000
    PA
  21. detter7

detter7 New Member

Jun 14, 2000
    PA
  22. detter7

detter7 New Member

Jun 14, 2000
    PA
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Unfortunately there are six candidates, and most boy groups only have five members. Who should we vote off?

23. soccerdome

soccerdome New Member

That's Veronica Paysse you mean.

24. soccerdome

soccerdome New Member

Pierced eyebrow, you say? I like, I really like! LD was a little too nice for me. And about the albulm, LD "says" he can sing (gets it from his parents.) I'd, though, have to witness that firsthand. ;)

25. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah man, you run a voice through enough electronic filters and synthesizers and anybody can sing - look at Britney Spears. Didn't you ever wonder why it sounds like she's singing through a phone on every song? Or remember the Spice Girls, a 5 member vocal group THAT HAD BACKUP SINGERS. How in the world does a group of 5 singers, none of whom are playing an instrument, have a need for backup singers?

Look away Lenny Kravitz.

Who gets the boot? Well, you need diversity, so DMB is in, and you need a bad boy, so Santino is in, Devin has the blond thing AND the funky haircut AND a cool androgynous name (anybody else remember the Devin from the Billy Idol video? ho mama) so he's in, LD is the front man and can be the one to date a female star (Britney wants him, but I say hold out for Shakira).

So it's down to Bobby and Justin, and every boy band needs a Justin, so Convey is out. He can form the counter, not quite so good, band and call them the Backpass Boys. Kyle Beckerman and Eddie Johnson can be in that group.