did barca really win

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by greenapes02, May 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

JAAA! No more upstarts like Porto! :cool:

2. ElPibeDeOro

ElPibeDeOro New Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Sillicon Valley
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Time to chime in... The English always have/make exuses for their failures! Hey I lived in London for 1 year and close to one year in Munich. England's game was at best MEDIOCRE before the it opened up to foreigners. Don't get me wrong, I have admired some great English players but you don't measure up. Not even with foreign help. I do admire Fergie, but he is not English right? You loose and loose and all you do is whine. I don't mean disrespect but why can't you accept that Barca absolutely deserve the Champion's Cup? Iniesta's goal against Chelsea was not deflected.. Drogba's was! and what about the final? Pep Guardiola gave Fergie a lesson in Tactics like I have never seen before. I still like and watch the Premiership but quit whining! Barca is TODAY the best team in the world! and Messi at 21, the best player in the world. Feel free to e-mail me and I will give you more.. ElPibeDeOro (and no, I am not Spaniard, nor Argentinian!)

3. Gandalf The Red

Gandalf The Red BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 23, 2006

lol what a clown, please explain the late seventies and early 80's.

And You are definately a Barca Botty Boy, secondly the reason English football went into decline was because of the Ban in the 80's we were cast out in the abyss, it would have knocked any nation back 10- 20 years.

4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Just because Spain currently have the best team in the world doesn't automatically mean they have the best league.

5. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :cool:
    It's probably just a coincidence!!! :cool:

6. ElPibeDeOro

ElPibeDeOro New Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Sillicon Valley
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    See what I mean - excuses and whining. I don't deny that I have always beeing a Barca supporter ever since my first issue of El Balon. However, if you want to talk - stick to the facts, like:

1) Park did *nothing* during the game but Fergie has it in for Carlitos Tevez.

2) Rooney was not very effective but loyal to what used to be the English ethic.

3) Cristiano Ronaldo was pure sh**te and should have sent off after the 5 brutal fouls on Puyol (hey, it pays to have a 70" TV, super slow motion and HD 1080p!)

4) Barca was pure Brilliance and outplayed Man. U. for more than 80 minutes of the game.

5) Barca's goals were beautiful. Watch how Messi displaces himself, quietly but appears when he needs to.

6) Chelsea's lack of Sportmanship was disgraceful!

7) Barca was at 1/2 strength!

I need not go on - whine, whine, whine, go ahead...

El Pibe de Oro

7. lost

lost Member

May 24, 2006
    England
    1) well done to bara, played a competent final. we spanked you last year, you spanked us this year, each time the winner took home the cup. my money is on us taking the cup next year.

2) we messed up our transfer policy. 3 strikers and a winger doesnt cut it at the top. give us a left winger next year like riberie and we will be unstopable.

3) all you epl haters: what we have clearly seen is that there is still a huge amount more room for the epl to improve on. with more money, and more rich clubs like our new billionaires at portsmouth, we will continue to improve. and from a position of having had 6 champions league finalists in 5 seasons, well, if you dont like english football, your going to be in for a pretty shitty time.

4) love seeing non barca fans on here trying to get a rise out of english fans. especially jitty shiter. your league is a crap, one team league, where bayern take any player they want from the minnows that make up the rest of the league but then get f'ed around by larger clubs in turn, like chelsea, manutd for hargreaves and ballack and soon to be riberie. nice feeder league you have there, similar status to the eredivisie but their clubs generally have more style.

8. futbol_Jonz

futbol_Jonz Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Toronto
    way to add cheese to the whine! LOL

9. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Like QPR? :confused:

You're better off if Portsmouth, Man City etc keep sucking because if/when the EPL gets some competitive balance and sends some different teams to the CL each year (like La Liga) it'll become tougher for the EPL to dominate European competition for obvious reasons (seeding and resources for the newbies being the main ones).

10. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I'm not German you doofus - I am an Arsenal fan :D

But even if i did support a german BL side, i certainly wouldn't be going around 'championing the league over other leagues....'

it's your fan boy extremism that people react to. why don't you just support utd?

11. Gandalf The Red

Sep 23, 2006
    ahahahahahha yeah boy thats the style

Thats the 4kin STyle:cool:

12. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Lost is the kind of guy who accuses MUST of ripping off Utd fans - he has got style alright :D

13. Gandalf The Red

Sep 23, 2006
    complete bollox look at liverpool it took houllier 1 or 2 goes then every year since we have pissed the group stage leaving crushed euro funboy in our wake!

lol what makes me laugh the most are that most of the sh*t stirrers here are Canadians who secretly wish the were Italian, how sad, how silly

14. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Completely agree

All it's going to take is the inevitable decline for those overleveraged teams and then bankruptcy is around the corner.

Indeed now that the likes of Newcastle can now be snapped up for change - the bottom has already fallen out of the valuations of these sides....

15. lost

lost Member

May 24, 2006
    England
    jitty is the kind of guy whose face you would never tire of punching.

16. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Well, if you are going to lose your rag that quickly on the league smack then I think it's time for thread closed eh?

17. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    It's been real.

If you want to continue to debate the benefits of the various leagues, then I suggest you dig up one of the existing threads, or start a new one.

However we can safely say Barca won and this thread is done.