Did anyone else notice?

Discussion in 'Barra Brava' started by Nick_78, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Nick_78

Nick_78 New Member

May 9, 2004
    VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Several times I noticed the MPD officer in front of our section clapping his hands, pumping his fists and *gasp* smiling! Definitly a change for the better!

2. mikedett

mikedett New Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Springfield, Va. USA
    Club:
    DC United
    The two MPD officers in front of the Barra were great..very calm and obviously willing to let us have our fun without causing a problem...I personally think they are more worried about CSC starting something than us..

3. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    I think the cops in front of our section have really enjoyed "controlling" us. :)

4. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Member+

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I was shaking his hand after the game when we were cleaning up and I think he said something about going to LA but I might have heard it wrong LOL

5. beltwayrob

beltwayrob New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If its the sorta tall blond guy, I chatted with him the first week they started posting MPDs in front of us and he said he was an undercover DCU fan. Wouldn't surprise me if you saw him sitting with the SEs and Barra during MLS Cup.

6. EdTheRed

EdTheRed Member+

Feb 6, 2001
    Loose On The Town
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Cook Islands
    I was thinking of writing Steve Zack to tell him how happy I am with the switch to MPD. So much better than CSC, it's not even funny. Plus, it's been the same group of officers (for the most part, I think), which is much better than an all-new crew each week.

7. TEConnor

TEConnor New Member

Feb 22, 1999
    I saw several of the MPD officers show a little enjoyment during their stint down in front. They looked pretty amused at times. Such a nice change.

Tim

8. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    The older CSC guy (grey coat) is a totally cool guy. I told him at halftime that if ther are coing to continue with MPD next season, and mix CSC with them, that I hope it would include him and the others.

9. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    The MPD officers in front of us are TRUE CLASS.

--taking pics down on the field I have spoken to two in particular and they are really great guys.

The Sgt. (white guy in SWAT style fatigues) in particular has been extraordinarily kind and helpful. They have actually redeemed a bit of my faith in the work many great policemen and women do out there on a dialy basis.

Once this season has calmed down I would really like for the Barra (our myself) to track down this officers name and to send a complimentary note his way from all of the BARRA BRAVA.

--Talking to my friend in the US PArk Police and a person who does Federal background checks, I found out that this letter would stay in the officers file for the duration of his career.

After the work they did in putting up with us on Saturday, I think he at least deserves that much.

10. RMDad

RMDad New Member

Nov 15, 2001
    Fredericksburg, Va.
    After the Metros playoff, I asked CSC to let me and G out over the rail, since the crush was so great, and G needed a potty brk in the worst way.
    The CSC supervisor said no way, no how.
    A MPD Captain came over, and said sure, no problem, took G and I jumped the rail.
    We made it to the "potty" on time!, wooohooo!
    The SWAT Sgt is cool, he seems to get a kick out of our passion and commitment.
    This has been a great improvement to getting glared down by CSC.
    Mark

11. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Member+

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Definitelly Owen, especially if their supervisors can see it too :)

12. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    I am having trouble even finding this guys pic.... (I normally only photograph the security when there are problems! :D)

Do any of the other photographers out there have one? White guy, blue swat fatigues, wears sunglasses?

I am thinking we can probably get his name from Lenny Lambert (ha CSC useful?) or someone working for us at United's front office if they know that we want to actually PRAISE someone for a change.

Thanks.

13. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    That particular cop is the neighbor of one of our members (i can't think of his screen name), that has helped a lot.

14. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Member+

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I got few at home, don't think I posted it or maybe it was in one of folders that I took offline to make space. I was trying to get a pic of him grinning when we were shaking stands :)

I'll try to remember to look for it tonight

15. caliban

caliban Member

Jan 22, 2004
    bogs, fens, flats
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    StagsUnited72. Great guy.

16. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Very cool guy, doesnt come on BS frequently enough though :(

17. Nick_78

Nick_78 New Member

May 9, 2004
    VA
    Club:
    DC United

Yeah, I think I may have lost my hand had he not helped out and loosened my cuffs. Ok, so I didn't make the greatest first impression with him, but I'm trying! :D

18. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Member+

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Maybe he won't recognize you with short hair, next grow full beard like Saddam and then all you have to worry about is Marshall jumping you :)

19. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Member+

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    [​IMG]

20. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Thanks Srdan!

I'll work on actually writing up something nice after we win the cup :D

21. StagsUnited72

StagsUnited72 Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Silver Spring, MD
    His name is Officer Corrigan. He has told me that he has really enjoyed the games. If I get by my old neighborhood and see him this week, I tell him that everyone has appeciated his effort at the games.

22. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Wow.. See? Who needs leg work when I have the internet :D

--Thanks for the info!

I know it may all seem cheesy to some to gush over something like this, but I actually have a few friends that are policemen and I think its all too rare that the truly good guys get recognized/thanked. :)

23. Tweaked

Tweaked Member

Jan 30, 2003
    The Hill
    At the end of the game the black cop was ever so slightly bopping his head and mouthing the words to our chants...not sure if he realized it or not.

24. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm with you, Owen. Mary and I were talking about how the difference between them and CSC can be summed up as "professionalism." I can't imagine how the CSC folks would have caused trouble over the flippin' firecrackers the last two matches. The cops ostensibly have some semi-decent training in assessing a situation: does this situation really warrant some sort of intervention? The cops can make sensible assessments like that; the CSC folks don't have that level of professionalism.