Dick's Sporting Goods!

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by firefan2001, Aug 30, 2007.

1. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's the point of being a league sponsor if your not going to sell league merchendise of the team in the league, there are other team besides LA.

2. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Target in NYC only sells LA, Chivas, and DC MLS balls.

3. coopermorrix

coopermorrix New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Target (multiple stores) in metro Denver sells LA, Chivas, DC and... Chicago! MLS balls. Lots of DC and Fire on the shelves, not so much Chivas or LA.

4. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Because being an official league sponsor has absolutely nothing to do with the merch. that you stock in your stores. If you are Dick's Sporting Goods, you're sponsoring the league in order to gain ad exposure, you're not offering a crutch for the league to try to stand on, at your own expense.

5. partycentral

partycentral Member

Nov 10, 2003
    Naperville
    Any retail store will have a system in place to respond to customer demands, especially one that sells clothing, which is among the most fickle and hard to predict segments of retail. So ask for it. They may get some in special. And if enough people ask they will expand their offerings of that item/team/etc.

But complaining about it to fellow fans of the team isn't likely to do much good.

6. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last fall I tore up the two pairs of socks I had and went to the stores in Oak Brook Terrace and Glenview and was able to only find a tiny rack of cheap thick socks, mostly for youths. The same goes for shorts. Yea, I can buy a generic pair of running shorts, but frankly when there are literally 30 different kinds of basketball shorts I don't think it is too much to ask to see some decent stock of shorts designed for soccer. I used to be able to buy actual soccer shorts and socks of decent quality at Galyans, but both Dick's I've been to get failing marks. I don't even waste my time there anymore, I just stick to Eurosport.

7. firesting81

firesting81 Member+

Jan 16, 2001
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Funny. The Target in Cedar Rapids now has Fire ones.

8. ChicagoAzzuri

ChicagoAzzuri New Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Chicago
    There's a soccer store next to Caputo's on Lake Street, I guess that's considered either Addison or Bensenville? Not sure, but they had a lot of Blanco jerseys before he even debuted

9. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you mean Bloomingdale

10. Firefan89

Firefan89 New Member

Aug 22, 2007
    how much are the Blanco ones in TP?

11. LIZZIE

LIZZIE BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 18, 2001
    Sec 126
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is a Caputo's on Lake in Addison

For a good selection of Fire stuff, go to Soccer Post in Baker Hill- Glen Ellyn