Diadora Boot and Equipment Thread

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by T90 OzzY, Jul 26, 2008.

1. SoyOllin

SoyOllin Member+

Aug 14, 2006
    D TOWN
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I own both the maracanas and the adipures, personally I like the cleat design and leather on the Maracanas. They just feel more stable, also the leather is a little thicker so it feels more comfy but that does not take anything away from the touch. Also they can be had for alot cheaper than the Adipures.
    :)

2. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    they are going to do a new whit and black lx k pro next year....and there is a new shoe replacing the maximus...i forgor what it is called it has covered lacing though. i tried them on at work when the diadora rep brought them in and they are super confertable

3. Kenntak

Kenntak New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Florida
    I got the LX Pro and find them to be extremely comfortable. I wear a 10.5 Maracana, and the 10.5 LX fits great. The LX Pro offers more comfort, stability, and control than the Maracana, but it should, since it costs more. I picked up the Pros for $95 shipped which was a great price for them. They are a joy to use.

4. Mattjv

Mattjv Member

Oct 27, 2008
    AZ
    Club:
    VfL Wolfsburg
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just bought a pair of Diadora Brasil AX RTX14. Was looking at Maracanas, but found a pair of the brasils for about the same price. First time I use them, the velcro that holds the tongue down rips off. I pretty much expected this from my experience with other boots with similar designs and just by looking at the boot. So, I am planning on attaching a elastic strap, like predators have, to hold down the tongue. Anyone ever tried this on these boots? I suspect it will be simple, but wanted to see if anyone else had tried this and how it turned out.

Sorry, if this is in the wrong place. I wasn't sure if I should post in the customizing or diadora thread.

5. ted14

ted14 Member

Oct 11, 2007
    i have put a strap on my Brasil. what i did was take a knife and cut the stiches then cut a hair band to the right size then i sewn it to the bottom strap the glued it together follewed my sewn the tounge bak to gether.
    mine turned out ok i am not very good at sewn and the glue i used heated the leather and turned out bumpy but other then that they are fine.

6. snowman3000

snowman3000 Member

Mar 11, 2007
    anybody found out how maximus fits in comparison to air legend and vapors III?...

7. Zuangua

Zuangua Member

Oct 10, 2008
    CA
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    I've never owned diadoras, but a black pair of diadora gammas caught my eye. Anyone know how wide they are, how long they might hold up, and how good the traction is?

8. Mattjv

Mattjv Member

Oct 27, 2008
    AZ
    Club:
    VfL Wolfsburg
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Diadoras generally run a little wider from my experience and from what i have heard others say. They tend to run small though(i.e. i usually wear a US9, couldn't get my foot in a US9 maracana).

i have only played a few times in my brasils, but they seem to have good traction(the cleats are similar to the ones on the gamma) and the axeler system(which is also in the gamma) seems to make them more comfortable. having said that, the cleats on my nike laser ii's are still tops in my book, not as comfortable though.

9. ctoa23

ctoa23 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 25, 2007
    E&G Forum
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Diadora's are really funky when it comes to sizing. I had a pair of Maracana's a while ago that were a US 10, while I wore a 11/11.5 in most of my other boots. Most models do have a wider last than most adidas/Nike/Puma boots. If you wore a 10 in Air Legends for example, I'd probably go with a 9.

10. Zuangua

Zuangua Member

Oct 10, 2008
    CA
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Thanks for the help, I'm going to try and look around some stores and see if they have them so I can try them on.

11. dejansavicevic10

Jun 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    I have a pair of Cariocas that I have had for at least 4-5 years, playing as much as 40-45 games a year, and they have held up great.

12. ScottyB

ScottyB Member

Dec 24, 2007
    I just got a pair of Maximus II in 11.5 US. I haven't played in them yet (injury), but they seem like they are the right size for me.

I wear an 11.5 US in Vapor III, Talaria III and Legend.

I wear an 11 US in Mizuno Ghost Wave Strikers.

Good luck.

13. eiresoccer

eiresoccer New Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  14. ALEXANDER999

ALEXANDER999 New Member

Jun 1, 2009
    France
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The LX K PRO are a great boot --very comfortable and form fitting ..I would not change them at all.

Lat year I played with Puma KSL ...nice boot ..but the Diadora are levels above ...both are K leather ..but the technology improvements in Diadora are just amazing.

The biggest surprise for me was the comfort of the boot ...even with 3 hours on the foot ..they still gave me spring and dam I thought I was waering a runner.

AWESOME SHOE

15. dejansavicevic10

Jun 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    I tend to wear the same size almost regardless of boot manufacturer. I wear size 9 copas, size 9 diadora cariocas, same with sambas. Once you wear the shoes for a while, your feet get used to them.

16. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    appleCORR7 and ejgrownarseman repped this.
  17. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  18. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    They ruined the Evoluzione visually...

19. gwood88

gwood88 Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The Evoluzione is a great boot. Probably one of the most underrated on the market right now. But I agree, I am not a fan of that blue colorway. Luckily this does mean the current ones will be going on sale so I'll be able to pick up another pair for cheap!

serginhobertholi repped this.
  20. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    So they are using those shoes you can get at the beach so you don't cut your feet on rocks while in the sea?

interesting..

tilburysoccer repped this.
  21. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are the last boots in those pictures see through?

22. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    Dr. Boots repped this.
  23. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea not sure what they're doing here. Looks awful.

24. timaocampeao

timaocampeao New Member

Jan 28, 2013
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    I don't know if this is the right thread, but I'd looking for some pictures of a Diadora shoe from around '98.
    It was made in the color of some countries, like Brazil. Taffarel used them on the 1998 World Cup.
    Thanks.