Di Michele Saves a Penalty

Discussion in 'Italy: Clubs' started by Cassano, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Here's the picture of Di Michele in goal saving a penalty yesterday against Lecce.

[​IMG]

2. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    The circumstances were incredible. The score was Lecce 4 Udinese 5 (1st leg of their Coppa Italia tie). Udinese's starting keeper was sent off in injury time. Udinese had used all their subs, so Di Michele had to go into goal - and he saved it to preserve the win. Incredible. I was watching the game on RAI Sport, and unfortunately, my dad called at the crucial time, so I had to mute it while I was watching. I didn't even realize it was Di Michele who had gone into goal until I read the game report later.

The whole game was amazing, but the ending was the stuff of fairy tales.

3. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    Tottaly agreed. :D

At least who was sent off is Handanovic - not De Sanctis,the titular one.

4. Rima067

Rima067 New Member

May 10, 2004
    Are you sure that pic is of him saving the penalty at the end? I don't remember him diving..

*I only saw the highlights and am not fanmiliar w/ either team so I could be wrong, but I specifically remember him not diving for the save.

5. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Good eyes! I know Di Michele made a kick save and ended up on his knees, but I think you might be right - this is probably Ledesma scoring vs Handanovic on a PK in the first half instead of Vucinic having his PK saved by Di Michele. The shirt says Handanovic, of course, because Di Michele would've switched shirts to go into goal. But the taker looks more like Ledesma:

Ledesma
    [​IMG]

Vucinic
    [​IMG]

6. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Stupid Udinese Website! Once you translate the site into English, it messes everything up. Sorry I posted the wrong pic. But i think Di Michele did dive. I think he got lucky because he dived and the ball just hit his leg...