DFB-Pokal 1/2 Finale [R]

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Doc_Aeppler, Apr 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    It's only a week from today, so I cant wait any longer to open this threat!

Tuesday 20:30
    Eintracht Frankfurt - Arminia Bielefeld

Wednesday 20:30
    FC St.Pauli - FC Bayern

I got my tix lying right here next to me, and I cant wait.
    Obviously Im hoping for a 3-0 (like last year) and for Bayern to beat St.Pauli. It makes me feel dirty to root for Bayern, but since that would probably mean European-cup for us next season, Ill have to go for it just once! ;)
    Realistically seen tough, itll be an extremely hard match for us. Id say Bielefeld and us are about on the same level. We do have the homegame, but I feel like we do have a little more pressure too....

My realistic tips are:
    SGE-Armina 3-2
    St.P-FCB 0-1

2. wolfsburgh

wolfsburgh Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Re: DFB-Pokal 1/2 Finale

Have some faith in your team! Surely you fancy your team's chances better against St. Pauli than Bayern? Surely, you'd rather win the Pokal than be runners-up? Root for St. Pauli--if you can't beat St. Pauli at a neutral site, you don't deserve to play in Europe anyway.

3. blazsovszkyc

blazsovszkyc Member

May 20, 2004
    Budapest
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Sorry to tell you but they changed the rules this year and if you loose in the final against Bayern, the 6th place go to the UEFA cup not you guys, so I would reconsider whom I would root… but doesn’t really matter because Bayern will win:)

4. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    Thats true, but I wouldnt mind the easy road to europe... :D
    But I guess I made it sound a little too negative here. It really doesnt matter how the other game ends up, I could allways find a good side to it, the important game is the one here in Frankfurt!
    I guess winning the cup is so distant to me, that i havent even really thought about it. Being on the road in europe next season would be just as great to me, as to many other people I know. It would be a total dream come true to all of us that have come to follow Frankfurt after 95 and only heard about it from stories...

Oh well, Bielefeld comes first, and Ill dream on after that. :D

5. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    Nope, they havent, they were talking about it, but they havent actually done it, but thats why i wrote "probably"...

http://www.dfb.de/international/quali/right.php
    only peter neururer keeps talking about that, but he talks a lot...

6. blazsovszkyc

blazsovszkyc Member

May 20, 2004
    Budapest
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I didn't know they hane not done it, I know they wanted, anyways good luck to you, at home with Arminia is doable

7. wolfsburgh

wolfsburgh Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    That's right, Doc: good luck. I don't want to see St. Pauli win, not because I have anything against St. Pauli (I like the club) but because that would be bad for the BL's participation coefficient in Euro comps (or whatever it is called) (I'm assuming that St. Pauli would be an easy out for some Latvian team in the UEFA cup). I don't want to see Bayern win because, well, I never want to see Bayern win anything domestically. I don't want to see Bielefeld win because they are just so non-descript and a UEFA appearance will not, in my opinion, do much to solidify the team. That leaves Eintracht, who need to be healthy for the BL to thrive, and who would benefit the most with a Pokal win/UEFA Cup appearance.

8. PileD

PileD New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Ruhrgebiet
    Frankfurt - Bielefeld 2:1
    St. Pauli (DKP) - Bayer 3:1

9. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    If Bayern wins at Pauli
    (what i don´t hope, but it will propably happen),
    then the other team, who reaches the final
    will play next year in UEFA-cup, won´t they?

10. Bayerntone

Bayerntone Member

Nov 7, 2005
    HK
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Correct.

If Bayern beats St. Pauli, either Bielefield or Frankfurt will be eligible to compete in the next uefa cup first round.

So the max uefa cup spots that Bundesliga teams may be qualified are:

Guaranteed:
    1. DFB-Pokal winner or runners-up
    2. 4th Bundeliga team
    3. 5th Bundeliga team

Conditional:
    4. Intertoto cup ( max 3 teams)
    5. Fairplay (1 team - subject to uefa's announcement under the fair play rules)
    6. any team which enters the CL but finishes 3rd place in group stage

11. PileD

PileD New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Ruhrgebiet
    We must come back to the old qualifyers.

Everything runs wrong again the BuLi. But that is a question of honour.
    Schalke did tonight nothing. Possible they would, that was not happened.
    I don`t want to call me a racist, but when a team played with an hand full of German players, what do they think of loyality?

But it was not only Schalke who do that, Hamburg at Monako, the same thing.

Munich stand never with this team on top when the BuLi had top teams behind, but it`s all av. sad but true.
    And when this w.. of Doll grind in the camara (after a stolen match), this was not trained, a blatantly lie, this trained in the BuLi.

The BuLi do everything, but never the right.

What to hell the buy av. international players (I mean not a Makaay or a Lincoln) but look at Wolfsgurg, I don't hate them, but they are only shit.
    A Mike Hanke goes there, ok he was in Schalke No 5, but to wait he goes there, with what a future? Wolfsgurg is a Factory team, the need titles like CL-Winner, Champion, or so. The fact is they, never would reach one in the next 10.000 years.
    Ok I forgot the fans in the back they've 12,000 or 13.000 ?
    E.g. Juve - Wolfsburg 6.700 fans ( happened last week in Seria A in 3 ???? games) and then Wolfsburg - Juve 6.500 fans. Wow. That's a Mail to became one of the great 14. Like Leverkusen and Dortmund.

G14 Leverkusen, is it the place in the league or the wishful thinking. Same question to D... The great 14.

Chelsea, a poor club, Schalke a poor club too, HSV, bite the grass, Werder Bremem just bite the dust.

All 4 pisspoor bitches called above are not the G 14. but I say someting, they will all survive without UEFA-money..

12. Bayerntone

Bayerntone Member

Nov 7, 2005
    HK
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Most teams in Europe are the same, an international mix of players ...Munchen; Arsenal; Chelski; Madrid ... okay the G14 ... so they are identified with the team at the Club level. If Germany can generate enough talents who can fill up all the positions in the BuLi; then you can find the Bundesliga Clubs all bear the strongest loyalty and national identity in Europe.

When you look at the "The Richest Clubs" thread, not many of the clubs are making money. Not even Chelsea, Liverpool .. And Liverpool has even claimed the top prize money from the Champions' League. This is unhealthy. You can only see some teams pile debts upon debts in relentless search for "top" players whom the Clu hope to rely on to bring home the top honours in Europe. When the efforts are in vain, it may happen all in one season that the Club has already mired their finances in deep sh*t.

In Scotland, Celtic has just claimed its 40th league title, 20 points clear of its closest rival, still having 6 matches to play. This premiership only contains 12 teams and the season could have been shorter had the Scottish Football Association not making special matches within circle of its several top teams. And there is still some distance between Celtic and the European elites in terms of European Competitions.

In fact, the case of the Scottish P L today is the whole scenario of what other major leagues will become tomorrow under the "rule of elitism
    and "survival for the fittest". The EPL; BuLi; SerieA; La Liga; Ligue I; Eredivise ... all are facing the same situation where the top teams have equipped so far ahead of the other teams for the European Competitions which essentially render the competitions in their own national leagues non-competitive.

You have mentioned a point there... if the football competitions in national league are restricted for players from their own country only, this may help bring the competitions more meaningful and loyalties can be instilled in the players naturally.

However, this could create in Europe an era of unprecedented influx of footballer immigrants. And can you predict which country(-ies) will accept and benefit from the talents of those immigrants the most?

13. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    the winner of frankfurt - bielefeld has a good chance of making uefa cup next year

14. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    yup, i'd say about 95%... :)

15. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    For me it's the other way round: I don't care for the UEFA coefficient, but don't like St. Pauli :D.

Actually there isn't any team I'd like to see winning the cup (no offense Frankfurt, Bayern, St. Pauli, Bielefeld fans (ok, I've never ever met a Bielefeld fan, but who knows...) ;)). Well, I guess that leaves me with "may the better out of Frankfurt and B-Field win..."

16. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    I would have though lefties like you appreciated St. Pauli ;)

17. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Their fans can be pretty annoying :D.

18. blazsovszkyc

blazsovszkyc Member

May 20, 2004
    Budapest
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    36' Frankfurt-Bielefeld 1-0

19. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Yes, Amanatidis scored after 16 minutes.

Hope such thing won´t happen at the WC
    http://rapidshare.de/files/17764699/frankfurt_fan.avi.html :eek:

Bruchhagen from Frankfurt said, the fan hasn´t heavy injuries.
    Really hope so, because it looked horrible.

20. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Congrats, Frankfurt.

You go to Berlin.

21. blazsovszkyc

blazsovszkyc Member

May 20, 2004
    Budapest
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes Congrats, good job to reach the final

22. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Congratulations Frankfurt, just don't get relegated now - i don't want a 2.BL team in the uefa cup.

23. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    BERLIN BERLIN, WIR FAHREN NACH BERLIN!

wow, Im glad I took a day off of work for today... :D

24. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Great result for Eintracht on Tuesday. Just a shame that St Pauli couldn't do better and they didn't really deserve the 3-0 end result.
    However, doing so has now put Eintracht in the UEFA Cup, but having read today's paper in the office, it is a time to forget that and on to collecting some points to avoid relegation. If they play like that, they should steer clear of the drop.
    Looking forward though to the final against Bayern.

25. Bayerntone

Bayerntone Member

Nov 7, 2005
    HK
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Rules changed from uefa:

The format of UEFA's summer competition, the UEFA Intertoto Cup, will change for the 2006/07 season:
    Three rounds
    Under the new format, three rounds will be played in the competition, instead of five. The eleven victorious teams from the Intertoto Cup third round will go through to the second qualifying round of the UEFA Cup. The 49 participating associations will have one place in principle. Under the current system in the competition, which was launched in the summer of 1995, sides have played five rounds, with three final winners progressing to the UEFA Cup first round.
    Eleven UEFA Cup qualifiers
    "Eleven sides, instead of three, will qualify for the UEFA Cup," said UEFA communications and public affairs director William Gaillard. "We will also endeavour to have one participant from the member associations. If this is not the case because of vacancies, or countries not entering teams into the competition, then we will establish criteria to designate clubs from other associations to enter the competition."