DFB Cup R2: Gladbach-BVB Pre/Post Match Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Germany' started by jonam, Oct 29, 2003.

1. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Possible line-ups:

BVB:
    Weidenfeller
    Fernandez, Wörns, Bergdolmo, Jensen
    Ricken, Reuter, Kehl, Gambino (VA)
    Koller, Ewerthon

or

Weidenfeller
    Fernandez, Wörns, Malte Metzelder (VA), Bergdolmo
    Ricken, Reuter, Kehl, Jensen
    Koller, Ewerthon

On the bench: Warmuz - M. Metzelder(VA)/Gambino(VA), Hoffmann(VA), Brzenska(VA), Senesie(VA), Odonkor(VA), Reina

VA=contracted to the BVB Amateurs

Bor. M´gladbach:
    Stiel - Korzynietz, Asanin, Strasser, Ojigwe - Gaede - Ulich, Demo, Kolkka - van Hout, van Lent

On the bench: Reitmaier - Carnell, Kirch, Kluge, Aidoo, Pletsch, Sverkos

...At least Matthias Sammer will have Sebastian Kehl available for Wednesday night´s game. The midfielder is serving a five-match suspension - Borussia have appealed this decision - but only in the Bundesliga. After Dede´s injury (tendon) the coach now has to change his line-up only on one position. It´s likely that he will opt for Malte Metzelder as a central defender against Gladbach´s dangerous (heading abilities) forwards, for André Bergdölmo as a wing-back and for Niclas Jensen as Dede´s replacement.

Salvatore Gambino, who has shown a tremendous form in Borussia´s regional league side in the past weeks, could also be an alternative. "He can play on various offensive positions, even behind the strikers or on the wings," said Zorc about the 19-year-old. But whether it´s going to be Metzelder or Gambino: It looks very much as if "a very young player might get a chance" (Zorc)....

jonam, http://www.schwatzgelb.com

2. soccerfreak #1

soccerfreak #1 New Member

Oct 6, 2003
    Cologne
    I´d prefer the Malte Metzelder version, simply because I think will be the more important player for the future games and because I´m really interested how good he is.

I hate the fact that it is Dede who misses, and so it is the left and not the right midfield where a amateur is allowed to start, cuase if it would have been the right midfield, Odonkor would have played and I love his speed and the way he lefts his opponents behind is just impressive.

3. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    i'd also prefer the malte-option...just because bergdolmo in center defense (and jensen as left-back) sucked big time against bochum! but i'm also interested in gambino who shines regulary at the amateurs team.

i don't agree on odonkor. imho he is on the one hand fast like hell but on the other hand he is much too weak in front of the goal to be a striker and hasn't got the overview and duelling skills to be a midfielder. as a striker i'd prefer senesie.

jonam, http://www.schwatzgelb.com

4. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    unbelievable...no m.metzelder, no gambino...but reina!!!!!

what the hell is wrong with sammer? everybody knows that reina sucks. why not give gambino a chance?

jonam

5. soccerfreak #1

soccerfreak #1 New Member

Oct 6, 2003
    Cologne
    0:2 at Halftime!!
    awfull, embarasing...

I can´t even describe how disappointed I am.
    Thats sooooooooooooooo bad, man.

Why didn´t he let one of the young ones play????
    They would have, at least ripped their ass off in this game.

Sammer is such a frightend rabbit.

6. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    lost 2-1 :-(

more to this tomorrow

jonam (now going to drink some beer)

7. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Wayyyyyyyyyy ahead of you jonam.

8. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Same procedure as every year!
    There are some events that happen every autumn. It’s getting colder, the days are getting shorter and BVB is quitting German FA Cup.
    But this time we don’t had to visit a second division team but our journey took us to the Mythic Borussia Mönchengladbach...

the whole article now on http://www.schwatzgelb.com !

jonam, schwatzgelb.com