Des Moines- so what happened to Petersen?

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by panicfc, Sep 18, 2003.

1. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has anyone heard any more about Greg Petersen's move to France?

I think they dumped him to save some money, and decided they weren't going A-league. I bet that Juve game cost them a pretty penny and now they are counting the remaining pennies.

2. LotharDSM

LotharDSM New Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Des Moines, IA
    I haven't heard anything.

The club in France he was supposed to be headed toward with an investor group was Angers SCO, their web-site (in French) is below:
    http://www.angersco.com/

They're currently in the relegation zone in Ligue 2.

3. Menace Fan

Menace Fan New Member

Apr 10, 2003
    Joe Riley Park
    Whoa Menace

Not sure what happened to Petersen. Haven't heard if he surfaced in France or is still in Iowa??

What about naming a new head coach? Normally organizations do that right away, or atleast by now, this seems ridiculous. Perhaps the organization isn't as 'big time' as once thought. . .

I just hoped we win a playoff game next season!!!

4. LotharDSM

LotharDSM New Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Des Moines, IA
    Re: Whoa Menace

They seem to be quiet on all fronts (stadium, coach, lawsuits, etc.) so I wonder if something big is gonna hit the fan?
    They've been updating the Menace Youth info on their web-site but nothing about the PDL team. FYI, Jon Busch from the Crew will be in town for a Menace Select training session.

5. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Whoa Menace

No A-League
    No Stadium
    A couple of more seasons and they could be done.

6. doolittledog2

doolittledog2 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Iowa
    Re: Re: Whoa Menace

Damn, so does that mean my Menace hat and sweatshirt will then be considered "throw back" and I could get decent money for them on e-bay???

Yeah, I didn't think so.

Oh well, I will continue to support them and go to our 2-4 games per year while things last. I still have the Fire and QPR to root for if things go in the crapper here in Iowa...but we don't know for sure if they are.

7. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: Whoa Menace

Well if the management has realized that they are a PDL team, and runs it properly as they have in the past - they could be very successful.

I'm betting that Juventus deal cost them way too much money and screwed up the season. I bet they lost their shirt - but you never know.