Deportivo v United [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Soccerholic, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Soccerholic

Soccerholic New Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Mile High
    Live on ESPN2, 2:45 EST, Tuesday.

United are playing with as inexperienced of a squad as I have ever seen during the regular season, since Ferguson is resting as many players as he can. United will finish 1st and Depor are out, no matter what happens Tuesday.

Preview

2. cachundo

cachundo Marketa Davidova. Unicorn. World Champion

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Genesis 16:12...He shall be a wild ass among men
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm surprised ESPN2 is showing a dog of a game. As soccerholic already said, United will finish 1st no matter what. And Depor are out, regardless. Hell, Ruud, Becks, & a handful of others are not even making the trip.

I'd really love for ESPN2 to broadcast Valencia-Arsenal on Wednesday instead. Heresy, I know. But think about it - Group B is still up in the air. Valencia need to win to advance, while Arse will advance with a draw. Makes it a must-win situation for both of them.

Don't look now boys & girls, but the way things are going, the quarterfinal match-up looks like United-Real. A match-up of unbelievable proportions!

3. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    I am gald we are sending the youngin's. If you are gonna make your Champions League debut, I guess this would be a good situation to be in (hostile crowd, but a meaningless game)

4. Soccerholic

Soccerholic New Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Mile High
    Unfortunately, ESPN committed the time slot to Tuesdays a long time ago, and can't switch to Wednesdays, much as I would like to see Arsenal-Valencia, or even Roma-Ajax. If you look at the games on Tuesday, there's not one that has much intrigue. Perhaps Moscow will keep Madrid from advancing, but I highly doubt it. It's a good chance to see United's younger players, though.

5. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Blanc is playing tonight, I wonder if this is his last start of his career?

6. BuffloSoldier

BuffloSoldier BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    Is Tommy on crack? Pugh's on the left.

Luque was making on run on his left wing, opposite side of Pugh.

7. BuffloSoldier

BuffloSoldier BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    Well, we saw why on that goal...

8. flounderchop

flounderchop New Member

Deportivo 2 - Man Utd 0

Own goal by Mark Lynch two minutes into the second half.

9. USsupport

USsupport New Member

Aug 4, 1999
    Arlington, VA, USA
    unlucky for Lynch. truth be told, we probably we won't most of this team again until the summer exhibition games.
    I hope the rest is the tonic that the 1st teamers need to really step up a gear for the rest for the season.

10. Soccerholic

Soccerholic New Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Mile High
    Wow did that first goal show how slow Larry White really is. He had perfect position when Luque got the ball, and Luque ran by Larry like he was standing still. Thank god we have three cabable central defenders now.

11. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    Pretty dull game with two games who had no real interest in the match. It was very boring for sure - if you didn't see it, lucky you ;)

12. mactheknife

mactheknife New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    what the hell was that john denver chant going on? and why haven't we put laurent blanc out of his misery. it was embarrassing even to watch him.

13. cachundo

cachundo Marketa Davidova. Unicorn. World Champion

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Genesis 16:12...He shall be a wild ass among men
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If SAF really wanted to blood the youngsters, why play Blanc? That slow bastard has no place in United's future, let alone next year. He should have been retired a long time ago.