Deportivo la Coruña Transfer Rumors

Discussion in 'Galicia' started by DSC05, Aug 27, 2004.

1. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Doesn't look like Luque's going anywhere, so no way D'Alessandro's is on his way.

2. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    NO AGREEMENT IN LUQUE'S TRANSFER

http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/news.php

Yeah you're right, I'd rather have Luque than D'Alessandro though.

3. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Well it looks like Luque was left off the squad for the Intertoto match. I just saw on Sky Sports News an interview where Luque said he's looking forward to the challenge of playing in England :(. So who knows what's going on or what will happen.

4. laudrup

laudrup BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2005
    It is well known that Tristan is a consummate party goer. I still don't know how he hasn't tested positive in some control... hmmm, maybe it's because he doesn't start anymore...

As for Raul, he had a horrendous season when he was 21 or so, and it was generally accepted that the Madrid night scene had lured him into all kinds of habits - i personally ran into him and Guti (another guy in Tristan's mold) at a Green Day gig at 2am on a Thursday. That said, his current bad form has nothing to do with that, it's more a mixture of exhaustion (mainly) and having to adapt his former striking role to players like Ronaldo and Owen.

5. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    D'Alessandro is a great dribbler/passer, he'd be better in your team than Luque!

6. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I might prefer D'Alessandro to Luque too, assuming we replaced Luque with another forward.

7. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
  8. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  9. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
  10. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat

What the magpies thought was that since Luque had interest in joining them, then they will dedicate terms just like it was when Essien showed interest in Chelsea. But this time round Depor refused to back down to thier offer. Luque had actually already agreed to the terms and it was only depor to agree and he was a done deal.

8 million pounds they were offering with Hugo viana isn`t that good given that Hugo Viana has struggled in the premiership, Depor never considered him an option and they demanded for more than 10 million pounds, not bad for a spanish internation who can play wide left and as a center forward.

I think he is staying given that Newcastle now have landed Owen.

11. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  12. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Luque's officially going to Newcastle. Link It's on the official site which means it's 99.9% accurate :p.

Looks like we will be getting 14 million euros and Newcastle will pick up the transfer fee. I'm sad to see him go, but with the money we get hopefully we can bring some fresh blood into the team (yeah right :().

13. bakhtiar

bakhtiar New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    malaysia
    and now to find a forward...with the transfer windows closing very soon.
    hows the javi fuego case comin along? some sites stated its a done deal & some said otherwise

hey isnt javi fuego a midfielder??do we really need him?

14. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Magpies confirm Luque deal
    http://footballmsn.skysports.com/li...itle=Magpies+confirm+Luque+deal&channel=spain

The Depor yardsale continues....everything of value must go!

15. depor15

depor15 Member

Jun 28, 1999
  16. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Evidently, he's quite the goal scorer in his native Uruguay. Now let's see if that transforms to being able to score in Spain ;). Not offical yet, but should be by tomorrow. Still hoping for at least one big signing with the selling of Luque.

17. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Well, Sebastián Taborda is our only signing at the deadline. Official Link

He's good in the air and strong, something our team lacked, but who replaces Luque? This club just gives me headaches. Nobody left either, so we are stuck with a lot of players who don't want to be there.

18. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal

I know him, he's a prolific striker and is really good in the air, Defensor Sporting bought him after he played for Pumas in Mexico, as a matter of fact I've been monitoring him for a while cuz I thought it was a a potential signing for my beloved blaugrana

19. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Awesome information Mario! Thanks. He should get a fair shot, now let's see what he can do.

20. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Funny I don't really remember this guy, and I'm a Pumas fan :rolleyes: When did he play for Pumas?

21. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  22. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
  23. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Andrade to leave? Link

Not the most reliable source, but Deportivo la Coruna.com is reporting Andrade's probably out after this year too. Our president is hoping to sell him after the World Cup where his value will be sky high, but if we are offered enough money in January we may have to take it and buy a striker with the money. I'd be very sad to see him go, but I think we have enough depth at central defense even if he should leave. And we really do need strikers. However, if we sell him and sit on the cash, that's another story :mad:. We'll see how this plays out.

24. UncleKizzle

UncleKizzle New Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Madrid
    As the commentators are fond of noting we don't have a lot of impact players and Andrade is one of them. I don't want to see him go under any circumstance.

25. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    It seems that Depor is falling apart. Fran and Mauro Silva retired. We lost Panidiani. Luque then followed. Now it appears that Andrade will be leaving. Good Lord what the hell is going on? Andrade has to stay, it wont be the same without him. Just like it hasn't been the same without Fran, Luque and Mauro Silva. I just pray that Valeron doesn't decide to leave, if he does then its needless to say that we're fvcked.