Deportivo la Coruña Transfer Rumors

Discussion in 'Galicia' started by DSC05, Aug 27, 2004.

1. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Hey guys. Just curious what your thoughts are on Luque. From what I've seen, he seems like a pretty good player. I am very sort of surprised that he is being linked to Real Madrid (I swore he'd end up at Barcelona). Thanks

¡Hala Madrid!

2. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  3. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    I am a big Luque fan, so I would be disappointed to see him leave. But to tell you the truth I can't see him going to Madrid. He's a life long Barca fan, played in their youth system and would love to return and play there if possibly this season. I think Depor is using Madrid to get better offers from Sevilla, Liverpool and Barcelona but we'll see what happens. And yes it is odd if we do send Luque to Madrid, we wouldn't want Portillo, unless his salary structure is too high?

As for how Luque plays, his pace on the left is one his biggest advantages. But he doesn't like to play out there. He much rather prefers to play up top, where he usually struggles. Some times Luque looks great out there and other times he looks lost. When Depor had their great Champions League run, Luque was scoring key goals. When Depor crashed and burned last season, he was no where to be found. So you never know which Luque one will get.

4. UncleKizzle

UncleKizzle New Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Madrid
    I really like Portillo. I think he is the classic, good, home player that will never have the marketing clout to get a fair run at Real.

Luque's strength is his speed. But he isn't bad in any other aspect of the game like some other speed players. With enough space he can dribble past players and get crosses off, he understands the game and where to be fairly well, he is fit, he is a decent to good striker of the ball. His allure comes from how dangerous he is rather than consistently great. With the right cast around him, giving him space, and finding him in the right spots he can do very good things.

Maybe this is ploy to drive the price up. Depor is going to want 15mil to start the conversation and 20mil would probably seal the deal no matter what. Real has scoffed at that and only Barca is really in the hunt to shell out that much money for a player like Luque. Too risky for anyone else.

5. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Do you know if we're getting more cash out of the deal then?

6. UncleKizzle

UncleKizzle New Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Madrid
    Yes, the rumor I saw was 15mil + portillo or 20mil, but on the other hand Real is publicly scoffing at 15mil and no Portillo.

7. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Maybe neither truly want him and they are just poking around to see what Depor are looking to part with him for?

8. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  9. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Just saw that. I've always liked Duscher (one of the few Depor supporters that did). So I'll miss him. Hopefully we'll get some money for him though. Caparros seems to not like many of the Depor players. I wonder what's up with that.

With Madrid signing Robinho, no way Luque goes there now. So unless someone else steps up their bid, he's staying in la Coruña.

Finally, we've missed every single transfer we've attempted this year besides that defender we signed for free. Another typical summer when one is a Depor supporter :(.

10. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    You would think that Depor really would be wanting to keep a solid player. Are Depor really tight on cash? Do they have a simple minded board?

11. Depor Til I Die

Depor Til I Die New Member

Jun 24, 2005
    They have a debt somewhere in the region of 160 million euros.

It's not much fun when you can't mix it with the big boys in the transfer market but I'd much rather be average for 5 years and then good than I would be great for a year and then bankrupt and non-existant.

So many teams around Europe are in the same predicament and it's only the likes of Barca,Real,Man Utd and Chelsea that can still part with huge bundles of cash.

12. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Ouchy :(

13. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Chelsea and MUFC have big debts, but they also make tons of $$$ off of merchandizing. If Depor had that money maker, life would be easier financially for la Coruna AND they only way Depor only going to get better is to win and then attract better talent and get money from TV rights in Europe. They must get back to Europe if they are to compete with RMCF and Barca in Spain.

14. UncleKizzle

UncleKizzle New Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Madrid

Well, it is a bit of a pipe dream but there is another way. We just have to wait until December when it is rumored there will be an all important vote on the maximum ownership stake. Abramovich and Lendoiro have met multiple times this year.

15. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Uh oh! Roman has bought a club in Brazil, can't remember which one, he is also rumored to be buying Hapoel Tel Aviv. I know he ones one of the big clubs in Russia.

16. UncleKizzle

UncleKizzle New Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Madrid
    He has said that he would like a team in Spain and Depor is kind of an ideal situation for a buy out by a rich guy. Good side, financial trouble, has been in the CL a lot recently. Problem is that right now the maximum stake is capped at something like 1%. That will have to change.

17. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, Hands off Roman! Stay away from Depor!

18. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Milan Baros has emerged as an option for our strike problems. But this is where the situation would get messy, we'd need to give them Andrade as part of the deal. So I'm not really for this transfer, but we do need some options up top though. What a sad transfer season :(.

19. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    That doesn't sound good. Andrade is vital in our defence. How much money do they want along with Andrade?

20. UncleKizzle

UncleKizzle New Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Madrid
    Well, we will know in 48 hours or so whether Luque and Andrade will be with the club or are really being shopped. If they play Wednesday they can't play for another side in European competition until February.

Vamos a ver.

It also appears that Birmingham is close to getting Pandiani save a dispute between Pandiani and Depor over back pay, but Pandiani and his agent have asked for an answer by Tuesday, either to go to Birmingham or to go to practice. I say pay him.

Also it is expected we will know the squad for the season this week. So far

Pablo Amo, Dani Mallo, Jesús Muñoz, Changui and Momo have been told they don't have a place.

Rubén has been told he has made it.

No word on Acuña and others.

21. UncleKizzle

UncleKizzle New Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Madrid
  22. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  23. UncleKizzle

UncleKizzle New Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Madrid
    As reported by Marca, Duscher had made the team, for now. If an good offer comes along, the door is open, but for now he has a chance to impress one more time.

24. UncleKizzle

UncleKizzle New Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Madrid
  25. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles