Deportivo la Coruña Results Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Galicia' started by DSC05, Aug 26, 2004.

1. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Welcome crvena_zvezda, but please don't post like that again, that's really distracting to read. It's nice to see another Depor supporter though. Ask about Tristan playing and ye shall receive. Although we didn't win today, Tristan scored a goal in the 86th minute to leave us with a 1-1 draw with Málaga.

2. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    1-1 Malaga - Depor

MATCH STATISTICS:
    Málaga: Calatayud - Gerardo, Fernando Sanz, Juanito, Valcarce - Miguel Angel, Romero, Leko (68’ Juan Rodríguez), Duda (74’ Luque) – Edgar, Wanchope (80’ Manu)
    Deportivo: Molina – Capdevila, César Martín (66’ Fran), Jorge Andrade, Manuel Pablo – Luque, Duscher, Sergio, Víctor Sánchez (70’ Munitis), Valerón - Pandiani (78’ Diego Tristán)
    Goals: 6’ Wanchope 1-0 86’ Diego Tristán 1-1
    Referee: Turienzo Alvarez. Showed yellow cards to Fernando Sanz, Romero, Miguel Angel, Gerardo, Valcarce (Málaga) and to Capdevila (Deportivo).
    Attendance: 26,000 (La Rosaleda)

from International Unoffical Depor Website.

The lack of us scoring goals is starting to concern me, but it's nice to see Tristan return.

3. depor15

depor15 Member

Jun 28, 1999
    We need to win these types of games, but at least we did not lose. We are having trouble scoring goals.

4. crvena_zvezda

crvena_zvezda Red Card

Oct 21, 2004
    in Ur EyeS
    that is ok.once again we saw that if tristan plays he will do what we need and what we need is goal ! tristan is one of europe's best strikers and we need him more than 8 minutes.this situation cant continue like this cause we should not lose a point in ur matches cause we are 10 points behind barcelona ! irureta for god's sake let tristan play !!! i love this team and i know this team can be la liga champion again
    go depor ! go !!!

Samo Sloga Srbina Spasava------Bog Cuva Srbi-----
    ======JAVID IRAN========
    i've never been a lord,
    nor never wanted to be,
    me, a warrior sometimes,
    a dreamer mostly...

5. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Agree that Tristan should play more, and not just because he scored Saturday. Truth be told, we could have lost that game very easily without being robbed so the result overall is good, although we did create a couple of dangerous chances after drawing even.

Welcome crvena! Good to see more people coming to the Galicia forum!

6. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Another draw........

0-0 Depor - Albacete (I think I spelled this wrong, but I'm too lazy to look it up right now).

Neither Momo or Ruben were allowed to play against us, but we still can't score. This is getting annoying. If we don't get all three points from Liverpool on Wednesday, we can kiss the Champions League good-bye which means we have to score goals. Match Stats later.

7. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Havent seen any match details yet. Our scoring problem is becoming serious. Pandiani isnt knocking them in yet this year, and Tristan needs time to settle. Luque and score here and there but he isnt a big scorer.

Not only do we need a CM, but a quality striker too it seems...

8. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    0-0 Depor - Albacete

MATCH STATISTICS:
    Deportivo: Molina – Capdevila, Pablo Amo, Jorge Andrade, Héctor – Luque, Duscher, Fran (46 Lionel Scaloni), Víctor Sánchez (72’ Munitis), Valerón – Pandiani (46’ Tristán)
    Albacete: Valbuena (50’ Gaspercic) - Montiel, Buades, Gaspar, Peña – Alvaro, Jaime, Redondo, Pacheco, Marc González (86’ Ferrón) - Francisco (66’ Mikel)
    Referee: Losantos Omar. Showed yellow cards to Peña, Pacheco, Alvaro, Francisco, Ferrón (Albacete) and to Capdevila, Duscher, Munitis (Deportivo).
    Attendance: 20,000 (Riazor)

from International Unoffical Depor Website

10th place in la liga. Big match against Liverpool Wednesday, who's going to score for us?

Oh and it seems you've become a premium member now RandyNA74, :cool:. And it also seems you know panicfc, good guy he is.

9. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Thanks for dropping in asta, but what is it a link to? I'm not sure how to use it either. I tried saving it and just opening it and neither work. And yes I am dumb with computers.

11. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah Panic is a good guy to know. Plus he is the only other Toulouse fan on this board. ;) We mostly talk nonsense on the Free For All forum when we have nothing better to do, which is quite often!

12. crvena_zvezda

crvena_zvezda Red Card

Oct 21, 2004
    in Ur EyeS
    another disappoinment :( i think we should change our tactic i mean play with 2 forward

13. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    More disappointment in the Champions League. We have likely crashed out of this year's tournament because we can't score goals. I guess we decided that since we can't score in the oppositions net, we should try our own, as Andrade put one in past Molina. We lose on an own goal by Andrade. 0-1 to Liverpool, thus knocking us out of the Champions League. 0 goals in four Champions League matches, absolutely disgusting. We don't deserve to advance.

14. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    :mad:

At this point, what are our chances of finishing third and qualifying for UEFA Cup? Although, considering how poor our European form has been this year, we might as well give it up and focus on the Liga and Copa del Rey.

What a change from last year... :(

15. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I was surprised today, you guys were solid at Anfield, well, we missed chances in the first half there and missed chances don't count but the second half your defense was solid.
    It looks like our defence was the key this time and the one own goal 'under pressure' was the difference.
    You guys are too good to let this get you down.

16. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Thanks for the kind words, but you really are being too kind. You guys out played two weeks ago and deserved a win. Today, I'm not sure what really happend, but you guys got the result. This all goes back to the summer, when we didn't buy one player. I think old age and injuries have caught up with us. Plus clubs recognize that Valeron is the key and they are stopping him.

I think UEFA Cup is almost out the question. I believe we are 4 points out of third place Monaco, but I could be wrong. With Barca and Valencia out of the Copa del Rey, we should concentrate on that and finishing 4th in la liga.

17. crvena_zvezda

crvena_zvezda Red Card

Oct 21, 2004
    in Ur EyeS
    I just cant believe it :( we eliminated at first stage :( it is tragedy :( :(

18. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    0-1 Depor - Liverpool

MATCH STATISTICS:
    Deportivo: Molina - Romero, César Martín (46' Pablo Amo), Jorge Andrade, Héctor (65' Lionel Scaloni) - Luque, Sergio, Duscher, Víctor Sánchez, Valerón - Pandiani (59' Tristán)
    Liverpool: Kirkland - Josemi, Hyypia, Carragher, Traoré - Hamann, Biscan, Luis García (91' Xabi Alonso), Kewell (58' Finnan), Riise - Baros (84' Sinama)
    Goals: 14' Jorge Andrade 0-1
    Referee: Wolfgang Stark (Germany). Showed yellow cards to César Martín, Jorge Andrade (Deportivo), Carrager, Hyypia (Liverpool).
    Attendance: 28,000 (Riazor)

from International Unoffical Depor Website

--

Last place in the group, the only club without a goal in the Champions League. :(

19. crvena_zvezda

crvena_zvezda Red Card

Oct 21, 2004
    in Ur EyeS
    disaster :( in such match that we should score why we play with 1 forward ??? :mad: specially after Liverpool scored goal !!?? why irureta cant accept that this system doesnt work ??? it looks like nightmare :rolleyes:

20. crvena_zvezda

crvena_zvezda Red Card

Oct 21, 2004
    in Ur EyeS
    Barcelona 2 - Depor 1
    Good party, badly result :(

Holders:
    1. Molina
    2. Manuel Pablo
    3. Romero
    8. Sergio
    9. Tristán
    (it leaves 60 ')
    10. Fran
    (it leaves 85 ')
    11. Munitis
    12. Scaloni
    15. Capdevila
    20. Pablo Master
    21. Valerón
    (it leaves 70 ')
    Substitutes:
    13. Munúa
    14. Andrade
    18. Víctor
    (it enters 70 ')
    19. Luque
    (it enters 60 ')
    22. Changui
    (it enters 85 ')
    24. Héctor

From canaldeportivo Website

21. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    2-1 Barca - Depor

MATCH STATISTICS:
    Barcelona: Valdés - Belletti (90' Gerard), Puyol, Oleguer, Van Bronckhorst - Xavi, Márquez, Deco, Giuly (73' Iniesta) - Eto'o (80' Larsson), Ronaldinho
    Deportivo: Molina - Capdevila, Romero, Pablo Amo, Manuel Pablo - Fran (85' Changui), Lionel Scaloni, Sergio, Munitis, Valerón (69' Víctor Sánchez) - Tristán (59' Luque)
    Goals: 7' Fran 0-1 23' Xavi 1-1 35' Eto'o 2-1
    Referee: Luis Medina Cantalejo. Showed yellow cards to Fran, Munitis and Lionel Scaloni (Deportivo).
    Attendance: 81,284 (Camp Nou)

from International Unofficial Depor Website

---

There's no shame losing to Barca, especially in the form they are playing. 2 goals in the last 5 games is not good. But we don't have time to lick our wounds, Copa del Rey match, Wednesday against Elche.

22. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    By the way, have you ever played him in subbuteo? I know he plays too.

PS: Sorry for being off topic, but that's one of the first things I learned from panicfc :D.

23. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I havent actually played against him in Subbuteo, but we did participate in a big event this weekend! Dont know if I could play him though as we both have Toulouse teams. ;)

Do you play Subbuteo?

Love off-topic posts....off-topic is the way to go. :cool:

24. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hard fought 1-0 win over revelation Levante. The goal was scoring on a questionable penalty kick decision in the second half (I saw the game and still don't know what the foul was for) but we'll take it anyway we get it these days. Credit to Tristan who was made to retake the penalty but still scored. He now has 2 for the season.

25. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    A win no matter how ugly it is, is still a win. Looking at the match stats, a lot of yellow cards given, must have been an ugly game. Those were 3 big points for us, now that we only have to concentrate on one competition.

And no I don't play subbuteo, never heard of it, until panic told me about it.