Deportivo la Coruña Intertoto [R]

Discussion in 'Galicia' started by DSC05, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I bet NUFC is stunned right now. Maybe Depor are not in as bad of shape to contend in La Liga as many had thought?

2. UncleKizzle

UncleKizzle New Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Madrid
    Got to watch the match on TV. Muntis, Andrade and Molina were brilliant. Never seen them better. Best match I have ever seen Muntis play for any side. Normally I consider him servicable. Maybe he just needed the right system. He was everywhere and dangerous with the ball. Tristan is awful. He is slow, easily pushed off the ball, and has a horrible first touch. Of course I have never like him so maybe a prejudice has built up. But I could care less about what he does off the field if he wasn't crap on it. Duscher was a thug all match. I have no idea why he was so angry. Bringing Valerón on at the end seemed like a move to help team chemistry not the match.

All in all, we took good advantage of our opportunties and defended fairly well.

3. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    What an awesome result! I was worried we'd play in a defensive shell, but I guess not. Duscher likes to play physically against English clubs ;). So maybe Newcastle brought out the "best" in him :p.

4. UncleKizzle

UncleKizzle New Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Madrid
    It wasn't so much in the course of play as it was every free kick he was pushing or hitting someone unprovoked.

We did play in a bit of shell. Andrade's goal was just a brilliant athletic play on a ball into the box. The second goal was a mistake by Newcastle. But we held up pretty well on defense.

5. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Interesting.

BTW those are some ugly kits we are wearing! Throw them in the trash where they belong!

6. UncleKizzle

UncleKizzle New Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Madrid
    I will take the pistachio kits over the completely jinxed blood orange kits anyday.

7. Kuwait-Depor

Kuwait-Depor New Member

Aug 4, 2005
  8. Kuwait-Depor

Kuwait-Depor New Member

Aug 4, 2005
  9. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Welcome Kuwait-Depor! Hope you enjoy your stay here.

10. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    I kind of like those kits :p. But are those pistachio kits are away kits? Or are they our European away kits?

11. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Looks like we kind of copied Barcelona's away kits there, except we toned them down a bit. I'm indifferent towards them, I wouldn't buy them but I don't think hideous either.

12. UncleKizzle

UncleKizzle New Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Madrid
    I liked the look of the orange ones, but I will always associate them with some of worse defeats including the Monaco debacle. I believe the pistachio is our new #2 kit. The orange ones are gone.

13. depor15

depor15 Member

Jun 28, 1999
  14. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Eh, I have to admit I like pistachio better than our 2nd kit, or as I refer to her, the Sweed, for obvious reasons. Nice looking home kit although I'm not too thrilled about having the Joma logo at the far left end and the Depor crest centered. That's one of the reasons I hate Nike's kits and that's the one thing I don't like about these new Depor kits.

15. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  16. depor15

depor15 Member

Jun 28, 1999
    Depor win 2-0
    goals
    Ruben
    Carril

good win, have to play tough away again

17. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Official Match Report
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=338601&cc=5901

SWEET! LOL.....I love seeing OM getting beat, hey I gotta say that, I like PSG. Half way home til victory, but the Velodrome is an awesome sight. The atmosphere is nuts and I know their supporters will be soooo insanely loud. Seems like Depor is building a rather decent side with less money and talent than in the past....maybe I am wrong?

18. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Awesome! So glad to see we won, now we need to do the business in France.

19. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Time to slay the Sky Blue Beast of Southern France...lol.

20. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Sweet, lets finish this in France.

21. UncleKizzle

UncleKizzle New Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Madrid
    Great result. Maybe all the talk that Jabo was too timid has merit. We certainly seem to be responding to this new system with better consistency than before.

Talent level is more or less the same. Last year we got old real fast with the same players. We haven't lost anyone of note since Makaay. A couple key players like Fran have aged out but at the same time people like Luque and Andrade have come of age. There also seems to be reason to expect Coloccini could be a potential star and the young guys (Rubén, Carril, and Momo) might be ready to contribute. Other than that our team has been incrediblely stagnant over the last 4 years.

22. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  23. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I thought Tristan, Luque, and Valeron were star players. I know that I have read that Tristan is not nearly as potent as his old lethal self (80+ goals in over 3 years), but what about the others?
    Thanks.

24. UncleKizzle

UncleKizzle New Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Madrid
    I would sell Tristan for a bag of pipas. The guy had two seasons in the cushy postion of being the one man up top in Irrureta's 451 when Depor had a ton of great passers in the midfield and has been vastly overrated ever since, IMHO. Valerón is a phenomenal play maker but lacks the agression that Caparrós is looking for, so he has been coming off the bench this season. It is a shame because in the right setting he can be very good. Luque and Andrade are becoming legitimate international stars. Andrade has been elite so far this year. Luque also seems to be seeing less time because he doesn't fit exactly into Caparrós' system. I can't imagine that will last long. He is too dangerous to keep off the pitch. Muntis who once was at Real Madrid and played for the Spanish national team seems to have regained his old form and has been brilliant as well so far.

Add in the three youngsters and Coloccini, Argie national who instantly improved the defense when he came over from Italy midway thru last season, and everybody else is that same from the teams that went to the CL five of the last six years. Really only changes are adding Muntis, Coloccini and the guys from the youth team, while dropping guys off the end of the bench, Pandiani leaving in a huff, and Fran and Mario Silva retiring. That and a new coach this year.

If we don't dump Luque and Andrade, I would expect this team to be top 4.

25. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I too think Tristan is done. Maybe he needs a change of scenery to spark his career? Barca and RMCF will be near the top with Real Betis, Athletico Madrid, and Depor rounding out the top 5.