Depor: The New Policy of Lendoiro

Discussion in 'Galicia' started by Catfish, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/news.php

They went from spending with the "Big Boys" to everything must go and let's embrace our youth system and really watch our spending. Maybe they grew to fast? How knows? Now that Luque is gone, why on Earth didn't they unload Tristan? I would have kept Luque and dumped Tristan. Tristan WAS a scoring stud, but hasn't done that much lately. At least some clubs were interested with a decent price. Does Lendoiro actually think that he will get more from Tristan in the future??

2. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Well Luque was sold for more money than Tristan would have been. I don't blame Depor for not selling Tristan at the deadline. Even in his terrible form, he's still someone people have to watch on the pitch. Even if he looks like he's in slow motion :p. If Tristan would have gone it would have been up to Ruben Castro and our new boy Taborda up front. Caparrós wanted a new striker to be brought in, so if Tristan would have been sold, he wouldn't have been very happy.

As for the policy for selling players and using our youth system, there's nothing wrong with that. But I that might just get us relegated if we don't occasionaly buy someone big. That damn debt is killing us :(.

3. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    LOL...you Tristan comment was hiliarious. Just think Tristan just a few years ago was one of THE top strikers in the world...WOW, have things changed.

Concerning HUGE Debts, go talk to supporters of these clubs:
    SS Lazio
    Borussia Dortmund

Talk about proud fans being gutted....here is some company for your misery.

4. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Add Napoli to that list. Here's hoping we rise again like Fiorentina. :eek:

5. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    The youth system can work well if they are properly developed and get enough experience on the pitch. Which apparently they are. They also might need a little guidance which is why I think we kept Tristan. I know the debt's a bitch but we just have to hang on there.