Dennis Bergkamp is a damn fine player!

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by ejf2002cu, Oct 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ejf2002cu

ejf2002cu New Member

Sep 27, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    During the CL match today, the UEFA.com said he was afraid to fly.

- English champions and league leaders Arsenal have stretched their unbeaten run in the Premiership to 49 games and have only lost one of their last nine matches in this competition. However, manager Arsène Wenger has injury problems, with captain Patrick Vieira sustaining an ankle injury in Saturday's 3-1 win against Aston Villa so Brazilian Edu comes in. Dennis Bergkamp has not travelled because of his fear of flying, but Swedish midfield player Fredrik Ljungberg returns from a hamstring injury. Brazilian midfield player Gilberto is still ruled out with a long-term back problem.

Does he really miss the away games that Arsenal fly to???

2. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    Re: Bergkamp is a woman!

I think he has a severe fear of flying. How that makes him a woman, I don't know.

3. Beakmon FC

Beakmon FC Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Jan 10, 2002
    The OC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

My first response is to say "What cave have you been living in?", but you may be new around here.... Instead, I'll just respond with an emphatic "yes".

4. rgrayson

rgrayson New Member

Jan 20, 2004

Yes he is afraid to fly. No he is not a woman. Yes he is one of the best players ever.

5. ScarFace107

ScarFace107 New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    London, England

he has been afraiding of flying for years now, is this new news to you? :rolleyes:

6. JoeDub83

JoeDub83 New Member

Oct 20, 2001
    MISSOULA,MT 420

I remember back in FRANCE '98 they talked about his fear of flying.....I'm not even a big fan of Arsenal though and assure you Bergkamp is one "woman" not to be reckoned with. By the way....Isnt John Madden afraid of flying too?......I bet you dont think he's a woman.

7. ejf2002cu

ejf2002cu New Member

Sep 27, 2004
    Charleston, SC

A man would suck it up, get on the plane, and play!

8. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm

:rolleyes:

9. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He may be the "Non-Flying Dutchman", but he is still a class player in my book. Anybody who would make fun of somebody with a strong phobia needs help of their own...

10. Arsonists

Arsonists New Member

Jan 25, 2000
    Banks of Plum Creek
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates

Today my wife had to walk out of the dentist because she "just could not do it." She passed out in the waiting room. I have seen the same woman give natural child birth to my daughter.

I once pulled a trebel hook out of my palm with a pair of needel noised pliers by myself 30 miles from camp in the Canadian wilderness with no problem. I cannot get my blood presure taken without getting dizzy with fright.

Bergkamp would kick your ass in everything from football to chess to public speaking and back. He is an Arsenal God. This thread is ****ing stupid.

11. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes

I'm going to leave this thread up here, albeit closed, so everyone on this board can see what kind of utter fool you are.

You're talking about a guy who is still able to play at a level 99.9% of the planet only dreams of at the age of 36.

I'm sure that every ManU supporter on this board thinks you have no class, as well. You've obviously been following soccer for all of 5 minutes.

Enjoy the rest of your pathetic existence.