Denilson Thread V2.0

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by texgator, Aug 28, 2007.

1. UncleHulka

UncleHulka Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Interesting article...
    Looks like Kreis may have found himself some real bargains. And the Revs signed a Gambian u20.

Now I wonder what sort of circumstances have to unfold in order to make it economically feasible to resign Denilson, if FCD chooses. What sort of difference would he have to make both on and off the field. According to that bit his salary would "skyrocket" next season.

2. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    I think the success of Beckham has done this more than Hitch. I don't believe he would have convinced them of anything a year ago. I like Hitch as much as the next guy, but AEG and Red Bull are the ones opening up the Hunts' eyes, not Hitch.

3. Cyclones Rock

Cyclones Rock New Member

Jan 26, 2007

Also interesting in that blog:

"The New England Revolution announced today that Sainey Nyassi, a member of Gambia's 2007 Under-20 World Cup squad, has signed with Major League Soccer to play for the Revs. Per MLS and club policies, terms of the deal were not released. A midfielder, Nyassi will occupy one of the Revs' youth international roster spots. Additionally, the Revolution announced that Arsene Oka and Ryan Solle have been released, and that the team had obtained FC Dallas' natural first-round selection in the 2008 Supplemental Draft in exchange for salary budget considerations. "

4. UncleHulka

UncleHulka Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Yeah, you think some money changed hands under the table? I wouldn't think a supplemental pick, even a first round one, would be worth any sort of decent allocation. I have no idea how those things work.

5. nutella

nutella Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Plateau
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Neither does anybody. MLS has 1001 rules and they change by the half-hour.

6. GoldFinger

GoldFinger New Member

Jun 19, 2004
    I think Clarky looked at his QB situation in KC and thought this is his only hope for a championship.

7. UncleHulka

UncleHulka Member

Jan 14, 2005
    That was low. But I lol'd. Go Chargers!

8. nobody478

nobody478 New Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Yes...Chargers! I posted this elsewhere but it might be more appropriate to add it in the "official" big D thread...

[​IMG]

9. nobody478

nobody478 New Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Dallas, TX
  10. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    a Bonito is a fish, right? a Jogging Fish, is that what this means? (obvious opening for Carlos-is-immobile jokes)

11. chazsoccer

chazsoccer Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Republic of Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe in Japan ;) but in Brasil it means beautiful

as in "Jogo Bonito" or Beautiful Game

12. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    an allocation no.

but salary considerations could be anything from about 5k to maybe 20 or 30k. Not very much in other words. It could in theory run up to a partial allocation... but that's not likely.

so that price is about right, I'd guess 10 to 20k worth maybe.

13. UncleHulka

UncleHulka Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Would it be legal and within MLS rules to sell salary considerations outright? I just don't see why any other team would be interested in what will hopefully amount to the last pick in the fifth round.

14. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you mean for like some cash? No, you have to give up some asset that is inside the rules system... pick, player, allocation, YI slot... something.

well the revs are usually so far under the cap they have plenty to burn. If they aren't going to use the space anyway why not get something for it. even if it's just the proverbial bag of donuts.

15. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he got minutes, which is nice. there wasn't much he could have done, and that's exactly what he did.

the run of play tilted slightly more in FCD's favor after he came on (i.e. we looked like we were in a coma rather than already dead and buried and the priest went home) but I'm not sure we can say that he had anything to do with that. around that time, DC stopped caring and our central defense started trapping balls and sending them forward quickly (probably in order to avoid letting Dario handle them.)

he did win that free kick and a booking to DC, though.

16. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He had some nice passes. It would have been amazing if he would have accomplished anything with DCU playing with six on the back line towards the end.