Denilson Thread V2.0

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by texgator, Aug 28, 2007.

1. wcharriscpa

wcharriscpa Member

Arsenal FC
    Dec 26, 2000
    Austin
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, don't worry. I'll get quite a few opportunities over the next couple months to see him and judge for myself. :)

I'm sorry he was a disappointment for you, and I'm hoping we (FCD) have an altogether different experience. One thing's for sure: time will tell.

2. theodore

theodore Member

Nov 7, 2003
    Deal. I can't speak for the others, but I agree with you. My only gripe now, is that my son has become an LAG fan this past season. I of course am horrified and am putting a lot of stock in Denilson to win him back.

These are good times to be an FCD fan. With the infernal Texas heat starting to let up, and our new stud, I'd expect the place to be rockin'.

As you guys crudely say, my soccer weenie is definitely in the "up" position.

3. TheLostUniversity

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feb 4, 2007
    Greater Boston
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a ticket seller, Xavier is not in that group. But then he wasn't meant to be. I do think he has been a "success" for LA in that he has been arguably their best defender by far, and that their record without him is sick indeed. On the other hand, this is a bit like discussing the most successful deck musician on the Titanic ;)

4. SomeKindofStranger

SomeKindofStranger New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    moved to Kiel - home
    I bet this writer will go, lol, I remember Denilson from back then too. Everyone, and I mean eeeeevvvvveryone thought he was the next big thing.

5. TheLostUniversity

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feb 4, 2007
    Greater Boston
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A place where the swanky attract all the goodies and repress [to put it mildly] the rest of society. I've been in some hard to enjoy places, but none where so much surface shine hid so much human crud. It is a sign of Denilson's sanity that he was unhappy there.
    Anyway, best of luck to him in Dallas.

6. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't like excuses but life always has exceptions. Brasil is socially opposite of Saudi Arabia. I don't think I have to explain how. I can see how a person could experience such a culture shock that it would affect the one thing that they are best at.
    Your league should (and probably does already) find players out of North African countries and Turkey where some of the best players in the world are and can more easily adjust to the social environment.

7. Abebe

Abebe Member

Aug 26, 1999
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Denilson is the one sure star that never made it that I can think of. I hope he blossoms really late for you guys.

8. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder how Denilson will be received in Curitiba next year when we play the Hurricanes.

9. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    From Goff, on Denilson's salary:

"*I'm hearing that Denilson's contract is not guaranteed next season and that, if Dallas decides to pick up the option, they will have to pay him in excess of $1 million. I believe he is earning the equivalent of 750K annually this season, but still waiting for the exact figures."

This makes sense--maybe a little more up front, but NO guarantee for next year.

Sept-Oct are essentially his tryout period.

Very happy to hear the lessons of Shaka have been learned.

10. wcharriscpa

wcharriscpa Member

Arsenal FC
    Dec 26, 2000
    Austin
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As Morrow put it, FCD has "practically nothing to lose, and everything to gain."

11. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    This news makes Texgator happy happy. Seems like the Shaka deal has actually accomplished something.

12. UncleHulka

UncleHulka Member

Jan 14, 2005
    I'm sure the local party-pooping contingent will still have something negative to say about it anyway.

13. shelbyg75

shelbyg75 Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Any news on when he will get his Visa? I was really hoping to see him play this Saturday...

14. Goldenballs

Goldenballs New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    West Los Angeles
    Denilson playing for Dallas is great news. Let's hope he doesn't become a flop in the league and can actually provide some excitement and flare to the game.

I looked up some of his videos and this is one of my favorite Nike commericals that features the Brazilians and Denilson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBcFReNutN4

15. Roma_Wolves

Roma_Wolves New Member

May 4, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he's talking about the other Ricardhino.

Surely.

16. alsultan

alsultan New Member

Jan 30, 2007
  17. bigdinok

bigdinok New Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Oklahoma
    With Denilson in...Whos Out?

Earlier this week ESPN had mentioned that an International Player was going to have to be booted from the FCD roster. They assumed it would be Saragosa, Richetti, Ruiz, or Serioux. According to this post on FCD's website it would appear the Hislop is getting the: please retire now to make room on our roster. Any confirmations or denials from 3rd Degree or Tex or Parrott or 7th please.

http://fc.dallas.mlsnet.com/news/te...t_id=114747&vkey=news_fcd&fext=.jsp&team=t104

18. UncleHulka

UncleHulka Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Re: With Denilson in...Whos Out?

Hislop got his green card, so he wasn't an SI.

19. bigdinok

bigdinok New Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Oklahoma

So if Hislop has no effect on the roster why make the change now? And who is leaving?

20. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Thanks Rex

Aug 1, 2007
    Plano, TX

As far as I understand it, Hislop was pushed into retiring not so much for a roster space, although that always helps, but more for salary cap space. It's no good having the second most expensive player in the team warming the bench or not even dressing.

As for who's leaving, if Ruiz can get his green card before Saturday, something that FO are apparently attempting, then no-one, as Ruiz will take Hislop's non-international spot, with Denilson filling Ruiz's SI spot. I'm not sure that's all that likely though, unless the league will allow an exception given that his green card is at least expected soon, so I'd expect to be saying goodbye to Saragosa.

21. FCD-FAN

FCD-FAN Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Saginaw, Texas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Denilson Practice Photos

Now that his work visa is approved, here's some pictures of Denilson practicing with the team!

:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

22. FCD-FAN

FCD-FAN Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Saginaw, Texas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Denilson Practice Photos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. FCD-FAN

FCD-FAN Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Saginaw, Texas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. FCD-FAN

FCD-FAN Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Saginaw, Texas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. hutchtx

hutchtx Member

Jul 21, 2007
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Sweet! Thanks!

BTW, that one with Denilson looking towards Carlos needs a caption . .

:)