Demerrit Match Attendance Question

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Fire-Chop, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Fire-Chop

Fire-Chop New Member

Jun 8, 2004
    If anyone can give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated.

I am going to be in London on the 12th of March with some time to take in a match.

I see that QPR is hosting Watford, so I think this could be a good match to attend and hopefully get a glimpse of Jay.

However, I do not know anything about QPR or how to get tickets. Their site only allows members to purchase tickets.

Does anybody know if QPR would generally have tickets available at the box office on match day or if it is legal to purchase tickets from scalpers on the street?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless it's all-ticket (sold out), which I dont think it is yet, you should be able to get tix, though I would not wait until you get there, QPR-Watford is something of a Derby, the two clubs being pretty close to each other, and both still in the playoff hunt... it's likely to be pretty packed. Loftus can realistically seat around probably 17-18,000 decently, with another couple of thousand restricted view seats. Call QPR's box office, for some reason the website isnt really hooked together with the box office it seems, I've had that issue before.

I wouldnt rely on scalpers or getting tix the day of.

Oh, and...dont wear any of your Chelsea stuff. :) Were I you I'd keep that to myself, Chelsea being perhaps the only club that might actually draw genuine hatred out of R's fans. Well and Fulham I guess.

3. Fire-Chop

Fire-Chop New Member

Jun 8, 2004
    Thanks for the info about QPR, I will give them a call.

Also the Chelsea advice, I am pretty good at keeping my mouth shut when necessary, I would hate to get my butt kicked in front of my wife :eek: .

4. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well Im not saying youd get beat up, QPR isnt Stoke or anything, but were you to be sitting inside Loftus wearing a Chelsea shirt at a game not involving Chelsea someone would probably view it as an intentional insult and you could be made to feel pretty uncomfortable. Better just to not go down that road at all. Kinda like sitting inside Fenway at a Sox-Indians game wearing a Yankees shirt. You probably wont get beat up, but you never know.

Anyway hope it works out for you, Loftus Road is a gem of a stadium, truly one of a kind.

5. Fire-Chop

Fire-Chop New Member

Jun 8, 2004
    Sorry, I knew I should have stated that differently. I did not mean to say that QPR fans are worse than any others, I figure a guy wearing a Cardinals shirt in Wrigley deserves to get his butt kicked. I would want to respect the club's home.

I have heard good things about QPR, and I am looking forward to seeing a match at a place other than Stamford Bridge (not that I have seen too many there). Hopefull I can make it work. Thanks again for the help.

6. adeav7777

adeav7777 Member

Dec 20, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty much what art has said would be the answer to your questions...

7. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Oi fight now :mad:

8. Mason16

Mason16 Member

Apr 11, 2001
    South Florida
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One small correction and you could be speaking for many of us.

9. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry perhaps I should have said "QPR isnt Cardiff", would that be better?

10. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

You have just saved yourself from a beating :cool: