Dellas [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by FireTrapatoni, Jun 25, 2004.

1. FireTrapatoni

FireTrapatoni Member+

AS Roma
    Italy
    Jun 17, 2004
    OOps nm wrong forum

2. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Re: Is Dellas really this good?

You need to change your name@

3. FireTrapatoni

FireTrapatoni Member+

AS Roma
    Italy
    Jun 17, 2004
    Re: Is Dellas really this good?

I'd like to...but no one is voting in my flippin poll!

4. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    To the question of "Is Dellas this good?", I feel he's always been undervalued at Roma. When he first joined them, I thought he was quite a good purchase, but he had one or two bad games, and he hasn't featured much since then. With Samuel leaving, I think he should start next year.

5. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I agree with Sue. With Samuel and Capello leaving, Dellas will have the opportunity to continue the good form he has shown throughout Euro 04 for us next season. Has the Mexes deal been finalized yet?

Dellas Hopes To Stay With Roma
    6/28/2004 2:57:00 PM
    For Traianos Dellas, the departure of Fabio Capello to rivals Juventus is a blessing in disguise, as the Roma defender never found much space in the starting eleven with the giallorossi in the past 2 years.
    However, the Greek defender, along with his national side, has been performing extremely well in the Euro 2004, helping his side to achieve a semi final spot which no one thought possible up till a month ago. This has led to his valuation to be re-considered after two years of obscurity on the Roma bench, placing the blame on former coach Fabio Capello for his lack of playing time.

"Playing consistently, without breaking the rhythm was what I needed. My performances don't surprise me: I know what I'm worth, but only here I had the chance to show who I am. If you play a game and then disappear, you lose conviction and legs. I feel bad when I'm not playing."

"Capello was not honest with me, and in the end, neither with Sensi: at night he was doing the market for Roma, the next day he went to Juve."

His wish is however to stay with Roma for as long as possible. "I want to stay; I consider Prandelli the right coach and the team will remain competitive, having in squad young talents and world class players. My first choice is Roma: for the city, the club and the fans. Leaving Perugia to wear the giallorossi shirt was the great chance of my career. The lifespan of a footballer is short; I took the chance."

Contrary to Capello, Dellas has words of praise for Otto Rehhagel who still chose him for the Greek national team, despite lack of played football at club level. "I still want to improve. I owe a lot to Rehhagel, he called me when I didn't play, trusting me. I repaid him: it wouldn't have been right staying here just because I play in a big club."