Delay to upload of Week 6 (UK) Soccer USA

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by kinsellagem, Aug 29, 2007.

1. NPS1

NPS1 New Member

Aug 3, 2007
    London
    Hope you guys get to see it soon, it's a shame that someone didn't like it but you can't please everyone, we thought it was quite fun. The guest was Lee Boardman from HBO's "Rome" who was a really good sport, we didn't have time to speak to him much but he entered into the spirit of things. Yes we also spoke to Jaime Moreno on the phone as we wanted to congratulate him on his record, we've also got every goal from the week, the week's best skills, more commentary, lots of good spots (a NY player celebrating when he thought they'd scored but hadn't) and an exclusive from David Beckham on that Chivas incident. Also the Tramp was at Reading Festival asking the bands what they thought was the best ever export from America.

Enjoy.
    Neil

2. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta

I hope you didn't think I didn't like the show. I did.

I just felt that up until my mom so rudely called me from Florida it wasn't as great as the previous shows.

Sorry if I came across as being overly negative. You guys are doing a great job.

3. BerlinKopKid

BerlinKopKid New Member

Jun 9, 2007
    Berlin, Germany
    Paris - Schmaris! Everyone knows Berlin is the place to be! :p

Is there no one else who can upload the show (just in case our man here is away on "vacation" for longer)?

4. NPS1

NPS1 New Member

Aug 3, 2007
    London

Don't worry, constructive criticism is fine, I encourage it, you never learn anything if all you ever get is praise! Honestly, we're interested in feedback, positive or negative.

5. ForzaTFC

ForzaTFC Member

May 16, 2007
    Westfield, MA
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Re: Upload delay - Week 6 Soccer USA

Thanks for letting us know -- at least I won't have to keep checking youtube for updates all day!

6. irishapple21

irishapple21 Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    The British version of David Beckham's Soccer USA is vastly superior to the American version. I wish we got the British version over here, but I'm really grateful that kinsellagem is recording and posting the show.

By the way, kinsellagem shows impeccable taste is choosing RBNY as his MLS team. Bulls on parade!

7. kinsellagem

kinsellagem Member

Apr 27, 2004
    UK
    Guten tag Berlinkopkid

Dont worry it will be up sometime on Friday :)

8. MickeyMoney

MickeyMoney Member

Apr 18, 2002
    Northeast Ohio
    But isn't that always the way kinda like how The Office and Coupling was sooo much better than our The Office or Friends or how Monty Python Is so much better than Saturday Night Live. Damn it are Tv would be so much better if we just lost to the Red Coats. But yeah I wish there version was on over here!

9. DDT5583

DDT5583 Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you guys are looking for the best thing on British TV of the last few years, find yourselves a way into the Bizarro world of Green Wing. It's lie Scrubs, but no one ever has to learn a lesson, there is no cheesy music, and everyone is funny all the time. Actually, come to think of it, the only similarity is that they are both set in hospitals. If you're a fan of Black Books you'll love it

10. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And how Mr. Bean is so much better than CSI Miami.

11. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Neil, we enjoy your show almost as much as the U's enjoy drinking from the old Milk Cup. The Gulls will get you this year!:D

12. scheck

scheck Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Who's neil?

13. walkingcity

walkingcity Member

May 17, 2007
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i just got into Green Wing, what a great show, and theres always faulty towers for classics

14. NPS1

NPS1 New Member

Aug 3, 2007
    London

I'm one of the producers on the show in the UK.

15. BerlinKopKid

BerlinKopKid New Member

Jun 9, 2007
    Berlin, Germany
    I think that the UK telly is better than US telly is bullshit.

Firstly Coupling was nothing on friends.

The UK Office was brilliant, the US Office is not as good but is also brilliant AND it's already near a hundred episodes. Brent is great car-crash TV but with only 14 episodes, you habe to leave it to rest sometimes not to completly ruin it.

Does MLS worry that Lovejoy would not be understood in the US (as in his humour, not his accent)

16. super saint

super saint New Member

Jul 28, 2007
    don't knock yourselves too much.two of my favorite comedies on uk tv are 'third rock from the sun' and 'my name is earl',both american.
    the funniest and all time classic has to be 'only fools and horse'.

17. scheck

scheck Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

wow! nice!

(so when's the feature on colorado going to happen :D)

18. DCU4Life

DCU4Life Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Section 130 RFK
    Well, now that this has become the TV show thread...

Some good US TV includes Arrested Development (too bad it is gone), Lost, and 24. Good stuff. I did love the UK version of The Office, but the US one isn't bad either.

Edit: Almost forgot 30 Rock!

19. jamtime

jamtime Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As terrible as american tv is, I think we win simply because we have The Simpsons.

20. njzorrooo

njzorrooo Member

Dec 21, 2005
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Is it Friday yet? :)

21. pun_Krawk

pun_Krawk New Member

Jul 20, 2007

I demand a cameo by Tubes by the end of the season!!

:) j/k. looking forward to the next show

22. NPS1

NPS1 New Member

Aug 3, 2007
    London

Tubes is still at Soccer AM. I work on Soccer USA with Tim, Fenners, Sheephead, Robbie (Tramp) and Jon.

23. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With one of these in both major MLS forums, merged.

24. pun_Krawk

pun_Krawk New Member

Jul 20, 2007

Oh, I know. Probably a contract issue regardless. But it'd definitely be awkwardly funny. "This isn't the right set."

Or have Tramp run into him on the street and they can have an interview-rap-off.

25. argaen

argaen New Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Tucson, Arizona
    I loved the British office. Although, after they stopped trying to copy the awkwardness of the British version, the US version became one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. I'm really glad both existed and hope they keep making more US versions of british shows. More is definitely better.