Delay in Orange Ekstraklasa

Discussion in 'Poland' started by BMike86, Jul 25, 2008.

1. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So supposedly the 1st round/week will be delayed til late October/early November and that the first actual week of playing will be the 2nd round in early August.

There is also talks about there being only 16 sides instead of an 18 side format, and there still needs to be decisions made on which 16 are actually going to be in the Ekstraklasa.

this is one of those, you've got to be focking kidding me type things... we earn the right to host Euro 2012 and yet the focking people in charge of the PZPN and the Ekstraklasa can't even organize the domestic focking league. its an embarassment. how messed up and corrupt everything can be that it is nearly August and we still don't know ALL the sides in the Orange Ekstraklasa yet!!!

yes, this is probably good for sides like Wisla, Lech, and Legia that are in Europe and could use the week off so they can train, be better rested and more match fit for their European matches this coming week. BUT for the greater good of the league, we are laughing stocks of Europe right now... thank god we aren't a higher profile league :(

this will not turn me off from the league or my club, but come on... how long will it truly take for this sh!t to end? will it be by Euro 2012? longer? how many favors need to be done for others before this bullsh!t ends? hopefully the cleaning up with the league happens soon

a lot of the old guard is being filtered out, but at the same time a lot of the new people helping support the league and bring in back are getting focked over such as new management and sponsors. hopefully we don't lose a lot of sponsors because of this crap. i hate how some clubs have changed management or ownership but yet the people aren't penalized, it is the clubs and their fans. the people that fock over the league and their clubs pretty much get a backdoor escape clause and get to run away scotch free while their former clubs get focked.

eh... what a headache :mad:

2. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It sucks because I'm trying to get my friends hooked on the polish league but $hit like this happens and they laugh

3. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'm too embarassed to even talk about the league right now... so i just try to avoid that topic at all costs :(

4. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The worst rumour I heard is that the league will start in a month:eek:

5. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    a little delay will do good for the other teams that are shaking in fear of the awsome onslaught that will be Lechia's first appearance in the Ekstraklasa!!

oh, so sorry... i didn't mean for that to be outloud! ;-)

but back to reality, i agree with you gents... this is BAD

6. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'd be shaking more so in fear that Lech Poznan looks strong as fock this year... as for you guys at Lechia, i guess it will be that much more sweeter once the 1st match is officially played :)

7. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    supposedly the rumours are Korona and Zaglebie will be reinstated so the league might go to an 18-team format

8. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    looks like PZPN wants to add two teams to make it 18, while the people at Ekstraklasa themselves want to remain at 16

Andrzej Rusko, the President of Ekstrakalasa is promising that the teams will start playing with the third round games

9. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yea, i saw that on the Ekstraklasa website this morning that they pulled Round 2's schedule and have Round 3 now as week 1... sort of depressing... hopefully Round 3 will finally be the start

10. albionroad

albionroad Member

Aug 26, 2002
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So just trying to keep tabs on this. The league is delayed again? No matches this coming weekend? Any decision yet on the makeup of the league?

11. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they promised 3rd round on time... which is more than what they've said for the first two rounds :(

12. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    great news is matches start today... two big matches kick off the season, Lech vs GKS and Legia vs Polonia :cool:

14. Mill City Iron

Mill City Iron New Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    It is indeed great news and the Warszawa match is quite exciting - the quality of play is relatively high in my opinion. I don't live in Poland and haven't followed the Ekstraklasa too closely in the past - is this derby typically pretty heated?