Deco wants to play the 1st half only vs Luxembergh.

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Roy Da Silva, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    The Record reports tonight that Deco has ask Scolori for him to play only the 1st half vs Luxembergh. He wants to rest beacuse Barcelona has a huge game vs Real Madrid on the following weekend. Deco feels that Portugal will have the game in full control by Halftime. This might be a good opertunity for Scolori to call Hugo Viana and give him his first competive cap.

2. deco_#10

deco_#10 Member

Mar 22, 2004
    Montreal
    I have a feeling Scolari is going the use his a$$hole powers and keep Deco on the field... Kind of like what he did with C Ronaldo.

3. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    do it or else hes going to play for brazil. gotta keep him happy to egosome that man is.

4. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    That door is forever closed for Brasil.

5. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Deco can do whatever he damn pleases! :D

6. CrisRicHeldTiago

CrisRicHeldTiago New Member

Sep 13, 2004
    One guy calls the shots...and I hope that's Scolari. Cause if it ain't only him...we're gonna be in trouble.

I wonder if Scolari is gonna make things interesting or is he gonna call up his usual suspects. My money is him waiting until Feb 9, against Ireland, to callup the likes of Almeida, Quaresma, Viana, Bosingwa or Custodio, Ricardo Costa, Moreira, etc.

7. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Well when the player asks, I think that's fine, but when it's the club trying to douche around with you it's not cool. Like Manchester United, biggest douchebags we've had to deal with. At least Deco is taking the precaution himself without the club bitching at us, and for that I think Deco should get his way this time, seeing as Madrid-Barca is one of the most important fixtures of every year, and I'm sure he wouldn't want to miss out. Of course, if we get to half-time and find ourselves in a Lichtenstein moment I think it should come down to Felipao.

8. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    When a coach lets a player do what they want he has lost control.

I don't remember Figo EVER asking to only play a half because he had a big game that weekend.

Wake up Deco all WC Qualifiers are big games, I don't care who we are playing.

If we are up big at halftime, by all means let him sit. Otherwise be greatful you are on the team.

By the way Scolari hasn't named his team yet, wouldn't it be funny if this got him not to call up Deco. (I know it wont happen, just a hypathetical)

And don't give me the "we don't want to piss Deco off" crap. He should have kept this between himself and Scolari.

9. NoNameBoys

NoNameBoys New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    A Catedral
    Two months ago, I would've called you crazy. ;) But Viana has been returning to form with SCP in the last few weeks. A return to the senior NT side could further pump up his confidence. JuveLeo is also right by saying Deco should've kept this matter private. Let's not underestimate Lux like we did with Liechenstein. :eek:

10. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    I don't like this. If someone only wants to play half a game that means they are seriously underestimating the other side. We don't need another disappointing result.

11. Bayern4lieben

Bayern4lieben New Member

Nov 8, 2004
    not an unreasonable request, its only luxembourg after all

12. Briosa a frente

Briosa a frente New Member

Sep 3, 2004
    Winnipeg, (Coimbra)
    I hope it is not history repeating itself. Overconfidence kills

13. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    That's gotta be the smartest post in this thread (no disrespect for the others).

If you wanted any more proof that Deco really is portuguese you have it right there... the "we're so freaking good that we only need to show up for 45 minutes" attitude is just so typical.