Deco suspended for two matches! Is it just?!

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by krazbo, Jan 17, 2006.

1. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Deco his suspended for Barca's next two matches by the RFEF:
    http://www.fcbarcelona.com/esp/noticias/noticias/n06011713.shtml
    http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/20060117/NOTICIA210625270.html

Etoo got away..

Deco defends him self:
    "He was provoking for a long time before the final incident," Deco said. "He was hitting me all game and he even caught me when the ball was nowhere near us with a blow.
    "At the end, he pulled my shirt and scratched me and that is why I reacted like I did.
    "I waited for him to ask him about the off-the-ball incident and to tell him that I always go out only to play football."

What do you think about it. Should Deco get one match suspencion or RFEF made a right decision?!

2. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doesn't matter to me. It is in the past, now it will need to be dealt with. Sucks he will be gone, but it is only for two games, not very difficult ones at that.

3. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    Deco is not a combative midfielder but a creative playmaker, you can see that he was provoked by the rough treated he recieved from the defender which includes off the ball incidents. The referee to or linesmen would have tried to protect him.

He reacted just like we`ve seen other players do, i mean what possibly could Deco do when he was being roughed up. I don`t think he deserved a two-match ban but oh well great that Eto`o is not being charged.:D I knew he was innocent, he is a good lad even if they are saying that no once has come forward to complain about the spitting.

We are also appealing Deco`s ban and hoping it will be reversed.

4. lad1509

lad1509 Raul *is* Madrid

Sep 18, 2005
    Bay Area
    very true..
    I think Eto spitting is as bad and should have been fined, then you have clemente, he basically called Eto a monkey.

"Spitting is ugly behavior too. I thought it was something that people who had just come down from the trees did." Clemente

He should also be fined.

5. Kukilon

Kukilon Member

Nov 22, 2005
    I like Deco but he deffinately deserves a two game suspension. Eto should also be handed a two game suspension for what he did but I'll settle with Mr.R yelling at him a little.

6. lad1509

lad1509 Raul *is* Madrid

Sep 18, 2005
    Bay Area

Yeah, thats why, the Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) said it would look at what happend IF they receive a complaint.

7. chrisc

chrisc New Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Portland, OR
    Sorry acm_fcb, I can't agree on this one. He's not innocent in the least bit. You didn't even need an instant replay to see he laid a goober on Gurpegui. The feed I saw (which looked like the usual Spanish feed) showed him in real time doing the business. It wasn't cool.

8. forcamadrid

forcamadrid Member

May 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Two games is just, espacially considering that he would miss one anyway due to the red card he got.

9. BARCA_VIX

BARCA_VIX New Member

Sep 28, 2005
    L.A California.
    I guess this is why Eto`o got away with the whole incident, no one from the Bilboa camp has come forward to try and get him charged.

Deco will be missed the next two games, i wonder if they include the copay del rey. This is also a learning experience for our team. He was provoked and he reacted that way however he would have controlled him self. Two games is not a lengthy ban compared to the ones handed out in the premiership.

10. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The answer is yes. Deco will miss the first leg of Barca copa del rey match up

11. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think it is certainly just, however, I also think Gurpegui should be banned for several games. He was clearling provoking Deco for no reason just like he did midweek to Gravesen. It's not very professional and at the level of Barcelona and Bilbao it's quite pathetic. It's like watching kids play in a heated game. It amazes me how much better Real and Barca players get on compared to Madrid-Bilbao or Barca-Bilbao. I think if Eto'o was punished then it would have been unfair on him as Aimar was guilty of spitting earlier in the season. I'm not condoning it because the rule should be changed to hit players with a massive fine/ban for spitting. It's disgusting and it is much worse than what Deco was sent off for. In saying this none of them diminshed themselves to the level of Javier Clemente.

12. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I think 2 is too many, the guy went way out of his way to provoke Deco the whole match...

By the same token though I think Eto should have gotten a suspension... I love Eto as much as the next Barca fan, but spittin' on someone is just not cool.... I don't care who it is, and regardless of who got spit on...

13. Hristo Stoitchkov

Hristo Stoitchkov New Member

Jan 25, 2005
    NYC
    if eto'o should be suspended, then clemente should be banned...la federacion won't want to open that can of worms.

I personally don't think taht Eto'o should be suspended...a fine would be enough.

As for Deco, he got a direct red card--two games, simple as that.

14. BARCA_VIX

BARCA_VIX New Member

Sep 28, 2005
    L.A California.
    Some thing has to be done with Clemente if Eto`o is to be suspended. I think he won`t get any penalty so it`s okay for now.

15. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    For what it is worth, Deco (who I really like as a player) should just say I was wrong to react like that and plot his revenge, lol. I ment with him raising the level of his game on the pitch. Let his play do the talking.

16. Hristo Stoitchkov

Jan 25, 2005
    NYC
    I don't see anything coming out of the situation. If one gets penalized, the other has to get it as well. I def. think they'll just avoid the situation as much as possible. Next year's match should be intersting (if clemente is still there).

17. Hristo Stoitchkov

Jan 25, 2005
    NYC
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

18. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    What does this mean?

19. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's pointing in agreement. Like "what he said".

I prefer a simple ^^^, but hey, whatever floats your boat. :)

20. Hristo Stoitchkov

Jan 25, 2005
    NYC
    haha..that means I strongly agree;)

21. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    cool...lol.

22. lad1509

lad1509 Raul *is* Madrid

Sep 18, 2005
    Bay Area
    typical spanish federation crap, now we have 2 low lifes that got away IMO with 2 of the worst acts in football, racism and spiting, I can forgive anyone if they hit me or call me names but spitting at me infront of millions of people is unforgivable.
    and then you have that racist donkey, we as spanish try to take a step forward and then this mule opens up his mouth.
    both should be fined and band.

23. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    I can see your point and believe me, the whole incident and after incidents were not good for the sport.