Deco, I am sorry

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by KingHenryXIV, Nov 29, 2004.

1. KingHenryXIV

KingHenryXIV New Member

Jan 31, 2004
    Univ. of Arkansas
    Dear Deco,

My name is Will Holland and I am a follower of F.C. Barcelona. I am new to football and to Barcelona, but I am very fond of it. I have been aware of your career and am very impressed w/ your contributions with Porto and for Portugal. However, I am writing to apologize for not being all that excited when you were a transfer target. I felt that you were overtly offensive and that Barça needed a defensive midfielder to replace Edgar Davids. Obviously, you heard the lack of the support fromt he Barcelona boards on BigSoccer and set out to prove us all wrong. Your performances have been extremely good and your partnership with Xavi has been fruitful. Keep up the good work, and I am sorry.

Sincerely,

Will Holland

P.S. Could you also pass this letter on to Joan Laporta, Frank Rijkaard, Tixi Bergistan and Rafael Marquez?

2. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'll glady pass it onto Marquez as he is on my speed dial.

Text message, even.

3. njonkers

njonkers New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Cape Town,SA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I was also sceptical of Deco but he proved all he's doubters wrong.
    :D

4. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    In my opinion, Deco is the kind of player you hate when he is not on your side. Now that he is on our side, his skills and contribution are more appreciated.

5. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    deco is the complete footballer.

6. fcbotiga

fcbotiga New Member

Jun 20, 2004
    Dublin
    lol.... good one:D

7. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    Deco = I am sorry

in that he dives and deceits at any chance he can get?? if he cut that out of his game, an above-average midfielder no question~ his display in portugal at the european championships was embarrasing to the game of football.. he reminded me of diouf.

8. KingHenryXIV

KingHenryXIV New Member

Jan 31, 2004
    Univ. of Arkansas
    Ron Artest reminds me of Diouf.

I've been impressed with Deco's defensive ability. Its not much, but it's better than I thought he had.

9. njonkers

njonkers New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Cape Town,SA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Talking of Artest (I know nothing of basketball) .
    I saw on ESPN the fight between Detroit Pistons and the team from Philly.
    Those brothers don't mess around hey.Stiff punishment though for some of them.

10. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    nice one :D

11. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Not stiff at all. The best part is that the man he attacked was not even the guy who threw the beer. He was just some innocent man who recieved Artest's wrath, and will soon recieve his fortune. :D

I want to know why the other players didn't get as severe punishment. They had even less reason to do what they did, and in O'Neal and Jackson's case, the things they did were much worse. O'Neal's sucker punch on that already fallen man was disgusting. Seriously, it was a blow that could kill someone, or at least give them serious brain damage. The police said today that at least four Pacers will most likely be facing criminal charges.

12. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Great one my King man. :D Deco was realy a great signing this summer. Well spend money!

13. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    Will did a hell of a post indeed! btw i understand Klemen cuz he's in Europe but you Mike?

14. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    What do you mean by that?!

15. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps he was referring to the fact that I was posting at 3:38am, Chicago time.
    :D

I was out late last night with some friends. We were celebrating the groundbreaking of my other team's new stadium. Just another excuse to go out I guess. :)

16. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal

yup

17. CrisRicHeldTiago

CrisRicHeldTiago New Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Deco, in my humble opinion, is in the same class as Ronaldinho. To utilize analogies in their comparison; Ronaldinho is like a rattlesnake, very noticeable on the pitch, and one you are always painfully aware of. Deco is like a cobra, at times hiding, perched in his basket, other times appearing, waiting to strike, lulling you into a false sense of security. The first is fierce. The second - hypnotic.

18. deco_#10

deco_#10 Member

Mar 22, 2004
    Montreal
    ...not really... when Ronaldinho is playing at his best no one I've seen even comes close... for example against Real Madrid Ronaldinho was everywhere.

19. FORMAL

FORMAL Member

Jul 24, 2004
    NYC
    Hemingway is a barca fan?

20. elchico

elchico Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Lebanon
    Exactly. No doubt that Deco is an excellent player, and most of us here acknowledge that we underestimated him. However, in all honesty, Ronaldinho is something else.

21. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I was slightly skeptical, but knew he had previously been a very good player for FC Porto. Well done, Deco.

22. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US
    Ok I'm confused here. Is Deco like a member of the forum. Why are people writing letters to players? I don't mean to be rude but i am just wondering.

23. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    I called it passion :D

24. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Deco is the site administrator....thats what he did prior to playing for porto..but he doesnt have a direct email, so we create threads to communicate with him.

25. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    ???? I hope you are joking