DeBruyne et al.

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by BalanceUT, Nov 22, 2018.

1. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, I've often wondered if I've screwed myself over the years in this kind of situation. I draft a player who is historically a stunning performer week-in-week-out and he gets injured. The injury is expected to be mid-long term, sometimes stretches, call it 2-3 months or about 1/4 of the season. Drop or keep for when he returns. Often, such a player doesn't play so excellently after the return because getting to 100% often requires an offseason of rehab. OTOH, many do return to more or less the expected level of play. At first is only using a substitution roster spot, unlikely to be any impact. But, as other short term injuries happen, the loss of flexibility adds up.

Two factors enter my thinking in keeping such a player:
    1) I want to get the play that should be there when he comes back.
    2) I don't want my opponents to get that player's performance when he comes back.

Am I engaging in wishful thinking or solid strategy? What factors guide your thinking around these issues?

2. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    crazy season and I have Alexis Sanchez who doesn't start and am in 16th place. The question is who would transfer him in when he is availabile. Mendy just got dumped in Small.