Dear SBFC fans.........

Discussion in 'NJ/NY Sky Blue' started by Mookie141, May 12, 2010.

1. guyricardo

guyricardo Member

Jul 10, 2003
    Newark
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't get to see many of their games unfortunatley so I'll take your word for it that it's just how they play with a lead. To me that's just asking for trouble and maybe it's why they don't have a better record. It's not like they don't have enough talent.

A good offense can be the best form of defense, but I don't mind defensive tactics, especially on the road, but defensive WITH possesion, which is what they where doing up until the goal. Afterward it was all defense and just clearing the ball wherever, only to have it come right back at you.

p.s. from what i've read of the posts on here and the scant media reports, I know they have more issues than just playing too conservatively. ;)

2. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Oh Lord they're going with (Un)Luckenbill in net again. Well at least we'll get to see the new Itallian lady, Patriza Panico show her stuff.

3. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What did you think they were going to do?

4. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I was hoping for anything but that.

5. kale smoothie

kale smoothie New Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Not exactly sure if this is thread that I should be posting/asking this in... but... here it goes...

Did anyone see the sky blue vs freedom game?
    If so details pls!

Specifically... did Wambach ACTUALLY hit the score board with one of her shots?
    And also... Luckenbill... what was up with her? Seems like she had kind of a great game... (per match tracker) is this true?
    I am not going to lie, I was at the sky blue vs philly game. You know the one where sbfc lost 4-1. That game made me doubt Luckenbill's goalkeeping abilities like WOAH... but everyone has bad days... right?

REALLY WISH K. BARDSLEY WAS STILL IN THE NET!!!! Unfortunately that is not going to happen....
    Soooo......... GO LUCKENBILL!!! WOOT WOOT!!! KEEP GETTING THOSE SHUT OUTS!!!!

6. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at the game, but I am a type of guy that 5 minutes after a game, I can remember better what I had for lunch than a game, no more than 48 plus hours later. Also except for the well knowned players such as Abby, Cat, Bompastor, its hard for me to know the visiting players apart without seeing their numbers and looking at the roster lists.

That said:
    SB played better than in that clunker againt Philly.

Patrizia Panico's first WPS game- 2nd half. Big upgrade vs. Landstrom. works well with Rosana. I think she gave Bompastor a bloody nose in a jump and then explained in Italian that it could not have been her. She replaced Totter who I think did a fine job on top. Dowling looked like her usual self, for some reason she has not played that much. HAO worked hard.

Luckenbill did fine.

Maybe its was their second game of the week or the bus ride up in the very hot weather, but Washington looked totally unimpressive, esp first half. They challenged Lucks about the 33rd minute mark and twice in the 2nd half.

SB's defense esp Koster, largely shut down Abby. Its true, the only thing Abby hit that night was the large Rutgers score board which gave her too much room. She did her usual fall downs, one resulting in Koster's yellow; she even fell when White (all 5-4 of her) pushed back against her. Abby's yellow call came against Rampone and was totaling called for.

Long and Huffman being called into WNT camp?

7. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    We will be without HAO, Christie, and Meg today. Hopefully some players will step up and maybe new stars will be made.

8. Norsk Troll

Norsk Troll Member+

Sep 7, 2000
    Central NJ
    Doesn't look like it so far.

Down 0-1 to Chicago at the half, and Koster is already resorting to ineffective longballs. :(

9. Norsk Troll

Norsk Troll Member+

Sep 7, 2000
    Central NJ
    Koster having a disastrous game. Own goal because she couldn't clear a fairly easy cross, and then just fell down at the corner of the 18 to allow Chicago in on goal, but was lucky they shot wide.

10. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Kai apparently is not there as well.

11. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    If management doesn't get it together, this team is going to fall apart.

12. NJgerman

NJgerman New Member

Jul 14, 2008
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm late to the show, but I'm here! Glad to see this forum has been more active than last season. Awesome. :)

Not happy about Kai not playing much. I'd like to hear an official explanation (injuries, coach hates girls with tattoos, whatever...).

Yes, she did. It wasn't a big deal though.

13. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Welcome! Glad to have you here!

I doubt they'll say anything. They didn't even mention her not being there at all tonight. How do you have a match without one of your team's founding members when the other two are called up for nats, and you don't even let the one you have left travel? She took a hell of risk coming to the east coast.

I thought this season was going to be different and all the rainy days would be behind us. Are we really reverting back to the Sky Gray? :eek:

14. Longtimesub

Longtimesub Member

May 18, 2009
    I think Koster will feel better if Netherlands beats Spain for World Cup...

15. Wiebel

Wiebel New Member

May 17, 2010
    Belgium
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Apparently an arguement or something on practice? Does somebody knows more?
    Anyway the all should protest to play under Miettinen. She is ruining it.

16. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only fact that we know about Kai: she was not on the bench for the game.

"....Sky Blue FC had just four players on its bench, one being reserve goalkeeper Shannon Myers, but the team was still able to field a very strong roster...."

17. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I did not see Kai at all at the game.

18. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    She was sitting in Jersey.

19. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    As a heads up the team will be playing in red jerseys this weekend in support of The American Heart Association.

20. Terabithia24

Terabithia24 New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    FYI - they are also going to be auctioning off those jerseys after the game to support the AHA.

21. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  22. angrybluebaby

angrybluebaby New Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Hi guys, been inactive and away for a while

so I hop on facebook to find a storm of some sorts messing the blue sky

can someone give me a quick run down what i've missed ? Was the game against breakers really that bad ?

23. Wiebel

Wiebel New Member

May 17, 2010
    Belgium
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    They posted a video from her on facebook for the game this sunday.
    But nothing more about the rest.

@angrybluebaby: yes the game was horrible and a lot of fans were/are upset because there are rumours about Kai, who wasn't at the game at all, but just sitting in Jersey. And there's no communication about it from Sky Blue.

24. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I was most upset about the coaching that led to the crappy game and a few others. I'm still not happy with it. I wouldn't be even if SBFC bought me a car. On the upside this weekend should be entirely foolproof.

25. Wiebel

Wiebel New Member

May 17, 2010
    Belgium
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Yes indeed, I forgot to mention the coaching in general which is of course quite dramatic up to this point.