Dear Greg

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Bill Archer, Nov 15, 2004.

1. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I don't need to be defended by a DC pedophile wanker.

PISS OFF

2. JasonC

JasonC New Member

May 21, 2001
    Billings, Mont.
    "You HAVE had all you can eat for $7.99"

3. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I pretty much reject last year as evidence for this viewpoint though: Chad Marshall was a complete no-brainer. After he declared Dallas was screaming about getting screwed twice with the Adu deal and everyone was ridiculing Smith and Andrulis claiming they "hadn't made a decision" who they would pick. Frankly, if he hadn't taken Marshall the leahue would have had him committed.

Wingert was the Herrmann winner, who almost unbelieveably fell all the way to the second round. Every analyst was sitting around in shock, and again it was one of those picks you could hardly have passed on. SmithDrulis gets some credit, but not much. You or I would have made the same pick.

I don't want to go back over the last three drafts pick bypick but there aren't many bursts of insight or brilliance.

4. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I think your right about Marshall, he was a complete no brainer. However, the Wingert one was a good choice. At that spot, that jucknut had Wingert one of only two seniors with a contract, Grabavoy a P-40, Gardner a P-40 and a left footer, and Gregorio was still out there with West signing in Norway. So he could have really made a terrible choice there, but he didn't. Plus he picked up Fraser and Herdsman in trades and Sutton looked good in exhibitions

As for 2003, not much was there. I probably would have taken Thomas, but he went with Walsh who I was high on. He didn't pan out. I think the trade to get Akwari was a solid choice with the draft pick and later on in 2004 the Crew used the draft pick they picked up from that deal to get Fraser. Sure Ralph was the next player taken, but they still had McBride, Cunny, Buddle, and Washington at that time. They did pass on Eddie Gaven, but he wasn't going anywhere, but to the Metros.

I think 2002 is straight up a very successful draft. Duds where in there, but there are 3 MLS starters in that group with Martino, Busch, and Leitch. Leitch of course got "Leitched," but that more goes to the idiots coaching ability.

Now that you've just made me defend that bastard, I'm going to go slit my wrists and take a bath. Friends don't set up friends to compliment Andrulis, Bill. And you damn well knew my braniac mind couldn't resist that bait.

5. voyager

voyager Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Frederick, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    [​IMG]

6. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Cool smilie.

Is there one that says SUCK MY ********? If not then I'll just have to relay the message myself:

SUCK MY ********