Dear Greg

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Bill Archer, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dear Greg:

I really enjoyed watching DC win the Cup again yesterday.

Really, really enjoyed it.

Really.

It was supposed to be OURS, of course, but you decided apparently that it would be better to let DC have it for the fourth time.

But heck, you've got YOUR trophy, right?

See everybody?? See MY trophy??? YOU guys didn't get one, but I DID!!!!!

"Neeener, neener, neener, I've got a trophy"

I hope you enjoy your little trophy, Greg.

You and that old broad that DeBolt gave the Supporters' Shield to.

See? The Crew managed to screw us out of THAT one too. You guys over there sure do good work.

You get a trophy. We get to watch DC celebrate. Again.

I hope you die.

Sincerely,

Bill

2. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Cue the dump trucks!

3. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I sure know I felt sick as hell round 5:45 on Sunday.

4. Robb W

Robb W New Member

Jan 31, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Did you guys watch the final? I didn't. I'm done watching MLS for the sake of watching MLS. I wouldn't have even noticed the final was on if it hadn't caused the Bengals game to not be on in Columbus.

5. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did. I hate that Taylor kid. HATE. Don't think I've ever screamed so much at a television in one sitting... Only shining light that came was Dema. I laughed so hard.

Oh, and I saw Debolt on the field during the Boys' finals on Friday. I wanted to pelt him with something hard and sharp.

6. UncleSam527

UncleSam527 Member

Jan 14, 2002
    The sad thing is the retards (ok, they're not all stupid) are applauding him for his award and congratulation him, saying he had a good season and he deserved it.

7. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately, the bearded bean-bag will probably live to a ripe old age - or at least long enough to provide a couple more seasons of misery.

I watched the final on Sunday. Some good finishing by Eskalongnamian and being the first ejected player in MLS cup couldn't happen to a better creep... The last twenty minutes were boring as watching GA groom himself in a mirror. KC looked like the Crew's game 2 at times puttering the ball around in the back wondering what to do, not realizing the urgency of the situation.

Sad.
    GA is still coach and the Scum are champs.

8. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Your Columbus Crew. They do ok. Put pressure on them, and they totally collapse.

Damn, how in the name of f'ing hell do you MISS TWO GODDAMN PKs in the same goddamn game?

Thanks Gr..douche. May you totally rot in hell for what you continually do to this team, this city, these fans. We deserve better.

9. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    I was thinking the same thing, with 20 to go, Grouchy. They kept pissing away possesions on long balls to nobody and Whinalda kept saying this was what they had to do. What a waste of attempts - if they had any real shots. Didn't they watch our display of similar crap throughout the 2nd NE game! We tried that for the whole 1st half and part of the second - worthless giveaways.

DC came out trying to score and KC got a great shot into the net, but DC kept attacking and ran them into the 2nd half locker room. Nice tactics by Novak - get ahead early and THEN sub to hang onto the lead...

10. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    Just thought I'd share. Off scouting the ACC Tourney.

11. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    we need to put greg on the atkins, his head is as big as a fecking watermelon!

12. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excuse me. I know I have a bad attitude. Nonetheless, this picture raises several questions, to wit:

1) They've obviously decided to rehire Coach Halfwit. So why don't they develop some guts and admit it? Or do they feel that they'll just not announce anything and simply have us draw our own conclusions?

2) What exactly does the organization gain by paying for that imbecile to travel the country "scouting" players? WE HAVE NO DRAFT CHOICES. It's like a homeless person window-shopping at Tiffany's. He can look but he can't buy.

3) Where in od's name did Coach Worthless get those cheezy sunglasses? A gumball machine? He looks like an idiot.

4) If you ran one of those "All You Can Eat" joints and Greg and Sigi pulled into the lot, do you suppose you'd lock the doors?

13. pericles

pericles Member

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis, MO
    They are "... remorseless eating machines."

14. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    fcuk it, I'll be watching via television, I have a feeling we played above our heads this season anyway.

15. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    The Crew will probably have 2 second round picks, if not a 1st and a 2nd. This draft is going to go well into the 3rd or early 4th round on depth as well.

16. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    my guess, two years, an option for a third and a modest pay increase. Great.

17. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Being an expansion year, there seems to be a good chance of increased trade activity around the draft. The expansion teams can't possibly fill half their rosters with rookies - they'll probably want to trade a few picks for more experienced players in addition to the ones they get via the expansion draft.

18. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

First of all, I'm sorry but I don't believe this years draft is any stronger 15 or 20 players deep than last years or the year before.

Secondly, there are two new teams picking ahead of us, and we're picking WAY down the list because of our record, unless I'm mistaken.

Third, I cannot believe that we get KC's first round pick for Diego Walsh. Even if we did, it would be like #11. More likely it'll be # 23, which would have been third round last year.

Our second round pick will somewhere around the 20th player picked. The odds of coming up with a great find that deep are absurdly long.

19. 10 fan

10 fan New Member

Mar 21, 2004
    United States
    Maybe Sigi's sharing the joys of being fired with Andrulis.

20. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

Well spend some time on HPI and 3rd Degree looking at the databases. The seniors this year are the deepest I think I've ever seen them and I think there's going to be a record number of P-40s this year. A large number of P-40s means a much deeper draft.

I do agree with you that I don't think we'll get a 1st rounder for Walsh, but until it's announced what we will get, a 1st round is still a possibility. Also, EJ, Buddle, Gros, and Parke to name a few are all 3rd and deeper pick ups(well EJ was a 2nd round pick). If the coaches don't go out and scout, there is even a slimmer chance then now that the Crew will pick up players of that quality.

So the Crew will have the 20th spot and the 23 spot more then likely, there's going to be at least 23 players in this draft that will be able to play and exceed in MLS at some point. Maybe not all right out of the gate, but in a couple years at least. The Crew do have chances to find talent in the draft, but if they're not out there scouting then how are they going to bring it in?

21. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    Who the hell had the "Thanks Greg" sign at the Crew match?

22. DRWCrew

DRWCrew Member

Aug 11, 2003
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His mother.

23. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can look at the pre-draft summaries for any given year and get the same impression.

Those things make every damned plowhorse sound like Ryan Giggs. Beating up on Ithaca and West Texas Baptist is a far cry from putting one past Robin Fraser.

Secondly, most of the really top talent went early a year ago, because it was announced that if you wanted to be on the Olympic team you needed to get some professional experience.

There are always just 40 guys in P-40. See, that's where the "40" part comes from. There being "a record number of P-40's this year" is stretching it a bit. If there are more than 40, then we need to rename the program.

I like you and respect your opinions. But please don't point out the one or two exceptions and claim it proves the rule is wrong.

The vast majority of second and third round picks never become impact players.

And Edson Buddle was drafted by Tom Fitzgerald.

And if they have Greg Andrulis out scouting then they're not going to find anything anyway.

Scouting works great when you have the second pick in the draft. Down at 20 and 23 it's a crap shoot, plain and simple.

24. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Actually it's my understanding that 40 number is no longer the practice, it's just P-40 in name now.

Even if it hasn't changed, there's only 14 P-40s right now. I truley think with expansion and the reserve teams starting up MLS could see 15 to 20 P-40s enter the draft. We'll see I guess. However, throw in the 15 to 20 seniors that I think are ready to play in MLS this year or next and that's the makings of a really good deep draft.

It did sound like that, I apologize. What I meant was those type of players are out there, but you have to scout them to find them. I also think those type of players will be more prevalent this draft then before. Just my opinion.

Granted, but to tell you the truth I've never really been all that disappointed with Andrulis' picks. He's a ******** coach, but he's made some good draft choices(and some bad ones). 4 starters over 3 years isn't that bad. Throw in Buddle and Oughton when he was the lead assistant and it's even better. I also have to think Murphy who is supposed to be a draft wiz will way in as well.

25. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In myshap's defense, I read a recent article (since the beginning of the playoffs) in which one of the gm's said that this draft is much stronger than last years. I don't know enough to make that judgement on my own.