DCU v Galaxy Viewing

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by CHICO13, Sep 16, 2003.

1. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Any plans for a get together Saturday night? It's been quite awhile since most of us have gotten together and cheered, cried, screamed, cussed...(and most of the time that's just at the bartender).

Saturday night could be great since it's a late game and plenty of time to co-ordinate. If so, I vote for The Exchange since it's been a long time since we all got together there. They always take good care of us and it's a pretty decent and central location to watch a game. Ideas?.......

2. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is going to be a viewing party at the Home Depot Center in Carson, CA. on Saturday. We invite all interested parties to attend. There is a cover charge but the view is pretty unobstructed.

james

3. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    morrissey's right. But you've gotta admit that it'd be a whole lot more pleasant at HDC without all those Galaxy supporters stinking up the joint.

I wrote in the pre-match thread that the game is on CSN, HDNet and Shootout. Is that information out of date? You might want to double check that because it'd clearly make a difference in terms of your viewing venue options.

4. GDopplerXT

GDopplerXT Member

Jun 12, 2001
    DC Area
    According to http://midatlantic.comcastsportsnet.com/ the game is on CSN at 10 pm on Saturday. I can't think of any bars that can't get that channel 'round here.

I think I'd be up for the Exchange if people are going.

5. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Cool, I've got a couple of interested peeps already. Lets let this thread run for a few days and see who else is on board.*

*Provided Isabel doesn't blow us away. :rolleyes:

6. TCompton

TCompton Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Alexandria
    i'm game for a little exchange

7. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Is the game on CSN or Shootout? I had only seen HDnet.

Thanks in advance.

8. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Cool. Thanks Knave.

9. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They announced a while back that CSN had dropped this game, but since they have it listed and were advertising it Saturday night, I guess that changed again.

10. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Let me know if you want me to try and swing by the Exchange to set something up with Brad. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to have us there.

11. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Make sure they don't have live music at the Exchange. I seem to recall seeing ads in the CityPaper recently for acts there on Saturday nights.

K

12. Victory

Victory Member

Sep 20, 2000
    RFK LOT 8
    I think the exchange is only viable if they hold open that room for us. It is saturday night at 10 and it is going to be overly crowded.

13. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    I believe they have some sort of kickball thing there Saturday night as well. Not sure if it's a big event or a "get together" though.

14. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately the Crew-Scum game is tape-delayed on FSW (10 pm). Summers can probably show simultaneously. I would hope the DCU site would be the most up to date, but the MLS site only lists the DCU game on HDNet (which Summers does now get if there is a problem). I was thinking of getting to Summers early and watching some other MLS game before ours.

K

15. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    If anyone wants to go to a Glory Days or other restuarant like that in and around Fairfax, let me know.

16. Temudjin

Temudjin New Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    I see that there is a 'Reverse Happy Hour' from 10 to 12. Might be tough to get a good view but that's what elbows are for. Besides, we might see Red And Black in the stands.

17. GDopplerXT

GDopplerXT Member

Jun 12, 2001
    DC Area
    Okay, just to confuse/clarify:

MLSNet says: http://mlsnet.com/schedules/

DCU vs. LA is on HDNet at 10
    (doesn't mention CSN, but I don't think they list local channels on the MLS site)

Columbus vs. Metro is on FSW
    tape delay at 10 (main listing)
    7:30 PM (promo graphic on left side of page)
    (Which one to believe??)

DCUnited.com says: http://www.dcunited.com/index.cfm?section=games&cont_id=94134

DCU vs. LA is on CSN, HDNet at 10pm

CSN says: http://midatlantic.comcastsportsnet.com/schedule/tv-listings2.asp?date=&listdate=9/20/2003

DCU vs. LA is on CSN at 10pm

and for what it's worth,

FSW says:
    Columbus vs. Metro on FSW @ 7:00 http://www.foxsportsworld.com/netapp/blobs/active/2/15/920922_37_84.pdf

Columbus vs. Metro on FSW @ 7:30 http://www.foxsportsworld.com/named/FSW/Soccer/MLS/showPage

So there, I'm glad I could clear all that up. I'm sure someone out there knows the truth.....

18. mcontento

mcontento Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Catalina Wine Mixer
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The last time i went to the Glory Days in Pan Am and they pre-emted the game for college football. Granted it wasn't at 10pm but they will not show it if there are a lot of 'important' baseball and college football games on their ESPN package they buy.

What about Bailey's? Anyone know the likelihood of them carrying it? I recall seeing the NY-LA game on tv there during one of the Redskins' preseason games.

19. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    DCU vs Galaxy

FWIW: According to Cox Cable's programming guide, DCU vs Galaxy will be shown on CSN at 10:00pm Saturday evening.

Also lists the Metros vs Crew as being shown on FSW at 10:00pm.

However their guide listed one match last weekend but showed the DCU game instead. Guess we will just have to wait until then to know for sure.

20. soccershaggy

soccershaggy Member+

May 18, 2003
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Are any of the Baltimore crew gathering at the James Joyce Pub again?

jeff

21. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    I've never had a problem at Glory Days, but I usually go to the Centreville or Herndon/Reston ones. At 10 though I doubt there would be a problem.

22. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I'll leave it to my brother Dave to check out The Exchange to see if it's do-able. If not, we can do Summers. It's not where, but getting together what counts.

23. I've never been there, but needn't to u be 21 to go to the exchange? I mean, probably doesn't effect you, but it's why I always just go to summers. Just wondering if anyone knows.

24. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was logging on to see where I'd go in case I still didn't have electricity by Saturday night. I'm hoping just to watch it at the house, there is an early game at RFK Sunday - but as far as the FSW remarks in here, I believe their site lists times in Pacific time since they are in LA. So 7 = 10 ;)
    If I remember correctly, the A-League championship game (Go Battery!!) is on at 7:00 live. Soccer America lists FS Espanol also showing it at 7, but it says tape - but it's SA, so who knows, they are quite often wrong about everything.
    Where the hell is the Glory Days in Reston? That may be the closest place I can see it.