DCU South Florida

Discussion in 'Supporters Abroad' started by Mason16, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Mason16

Mason16 Member

Apr 11, 2001
    South Florida
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thought we should have a thread too since there's a few of us here. I'm in Broward.

2. apqjr

apqjr Member

Aug 30, 2003
    PB Gardens, FL
    I believe there are a couple of us from the Palm Beach Side. :)

3. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In a few weeks I'm moving to Bonita Springs, so I'll add to the list in anticipation.

4. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    The Buffalo branch of DC fans has moved to Jupiter, Florida. Land of the SUV, home of the gated community! :D

5. Mason16

Mason16 Member

Apr 11, 2001
    South Florida
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sweeeeeet.

Should we plan a get together one day. We're kinda spread out but it might be fun.

6. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    Where exactly are you, Mason?

7. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    You're in Broward.

D'oh. :D :rolleyes:

Lauderdale?

8. Mason16

Mason16 Member

Apr 11, 2001
    South Florida
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York

Ech, you're on the wrong side of the Everglades, pal. :p :cool:

10. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York

Well, that's you and me in Palm Beach County, so far. Plus Lloyd Heilbrunn if he's a DC fan.

Potentially three of us in such a small area? Man, if this pace continues southward into the city, we can all fly up to RFK for a home match and get our own section! :D

And then there's Mason in Broward and Sinko on the no good side of the state. ;)

I'll put a link to this thread in my sig and see if we can't catch anymore fish before we plan anything.

11. Mason16

Mason16 Member

Apr 11, 2001
    South Florida
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good idea!

12. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this an East Side - West Side thang going down?

If so, then... West Siiiieeeede! :p

13. MyHouse!

MyHouse! Member

Mar 12, 2000
    Tallahassee
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    N. Miami

14. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    Ok, that brings the count up to 5 so far. (Maybe 6, with Lloyd. I shot him a pm to see where his allegiances lie.)

Considering I've only just moved here, does anyone know any good Soccer pubs in the SoFla area?

I'm thinking an English style pub would be a bit more receptive to MLS than say a Brazilian, Argentine, or Mexican place (plus, that whole language thing :D). I know there are quite a few in Orlando, but I haven't seen any down here in the South yet.

EDIT: Add Lloyd to the mix.

15. MyHouse!

MyHouse! Member

Mar 12, 2000
    Tallahassee
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Um there's Churchill's on NE 54th and NE 2nd but I don't know how often they show MLS matches. But they show plenty of Premiereship matches. Up in Broward I thought there was something called Trafalagar something or another on Federal Hway betwen Sunrise and Oakland Park Blvd. but I can't remember for sure.

16. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi all. SA, thanks for the PMs . There are quite a few pubs around, Fox and Hounds, & Lion and Eagle, & The Tudor Inn in Broward will normally put on a match as long as nothing EPL conflicts. I suspect I might be able to talk the owner at Paddy Macs in Gardens into putting on a match as well.

17. apqjr

apqjr Member

Aug 30, 2003
    PB Gardens, FL
    May I ask....where is Paddy Macs? Do they also show rugby?

18. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NW corner of PGA and Military.Never seen Rugby there, but if it is on ESPN I imagine they could turn it on.But it really is more an Irish Pub with good food than a Sports Bar.

19. apqjr

apqjr Member

Aug 30, 2003
    PB Gardens, FL
    thanks!!!
    :)

20. apqjr

apqjr Member

Aug 30, 2003
    PB Gardens, FL
    Hey Lloyd and SA Buffalo, if you guys have Adelphia do you mind calling them to let them know that there are some people that might want the MLS DirectKick package. I'm sure I probably am the only one in Palm Beach County but damn....help a brother out? They still hold a spot open for the NHL Package and they won't even need that this year. I would love to see more DCU games and am not ready to switch to DirecTV again just yet. Thanks guys.

21. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
  22. apqjr

apqjr Member

Aug 30, 2003
    PB Gardens, FL
    Knave, thank you very much for the heads up. I have been a long time viewer of DirecTV and have now had Adelphia for about one year. I know the horror stories from both cable and satellite and can honestly say, I have been spared ( knock on wood to not jinx myself). For the most part my little branch of Adelphia has been pretty good. They have FSC, have had GolTV for at least a year + and a decent spanish package. Further south in Miami I believe they even carry ESPNDeportes. I know they won't budge only for me but........ just as I will commend when things go well, I like to express my frustration indirectly to a representative of THE MAN when things could go better. Sometimes I forget how far we as the soccerloving public in the US have come for coverage.

23. Krutch

Krutch Member

Apr 6, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Tunisia

If your ever in the south beach area theres a great irish pub called playwrights. They show alot of games and has a good atmosphere. It seems like most of the people in there are British or Irish so it has a european style feeling.

24. WarrenAbao

WarrenAbao New Member

Jul 7, 1999
    Grand Prairie, Tex.
    Paddy Mac's did open early for the USA-Germany WC quarterfinal, but I've never checked on them for MLS matches.

So far I've been S.O.L. in finding places in the Palm Beach vicinity that shows MLS. The big sports bars (J.J. Muggs, Duffy's, the Ale Houses) may show the Saturday afternoon matches on ESPN2 (if there isn't much else on), but that would be about it. Good luck in finding a place that's ABLE, much less WILLING, to carry FSC programming in the evenings.

25. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    I'm going to be around Miami Beach on Wednesday (i.e. the night of the away leg in Mexico). I've not been there as an adult - are there any places to watch FoxSoccerChannel games? I'm at the Hilton on Collins Avenue...