DC united?????????

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by atsegnorts, Mar 22, 2011.

1. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Okay, so for the last four years I have been an angry dc united fan, mainly because of the main office failure to bring some real talent. But this weekend I saw the dc united game and was at an awww how well those boys played. Now as a Bolivian (and most of you who live in the dc area will agree) I consider DC united to be a bolivian team. In my mind DC united will forever be associated with bolivia because of the history and legacy that jaime and marco left here. Because I, like many of you grow up in the glory years of DC united. Since 96 to about 07 I followed our boys even when I was stationed over seas. Now with all that said would it be okay if we had a thread here in the bolivia forum dedicated to DC united?????????

2. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im a Dc fan BECAUSE of marco and jaime and i plan on being one for years to come but it sucks that neither of them are there but thats life..CHARLIE DAVIES:p

3. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hmmm..... I think you're better off integrating to the HUGE dc united forum section, and the followers.

Yea, they played well. Really like Dax Mccarty, just think a good '10' to match with him in the middle..... would make the team AMAZING.

And Davies is BACK. Ima a USA fan when bolivia isnt playing.

Going to USA/Argentina this weekend baby! 60k sold already!

4. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SWeeeet me too....

5. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    I didn't like Jaime, but I certainly liked his talent and the fact he represented Bolivia well. I think we all loved Marco. If Marco was English, Beckham would have been obsolete.

I didn't get season tickets this season. I wasn't supposed to get season tickets last season(even though I knew it was Jaimes last season), but I got them because I was excited about Pena. It's sad he was injured 90% of the time. I seriously had no intention of getting a family ticket plan. I used to be hard core through out the 90's and for the most part in the last 10 years, I've traveled, cheered, sang, and fought for the black and red. Spark is gone for me.

I had a good feeling the team will be good this year (Can't get worse), but I'm not as drawn as I used to be. I don't know if it's age, or the whole lame "bolivian" thing.

I'll still support dc united, but it's soo much nicer to watch a champions league game or a Copa Libertatodes match on tv.

6. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Im over the whole 'bandwagon' bolivian team thing.

I genuinely love this team. I dont care who they get, bolivian or not... as long as the play is attractive, play touch and go soccer, I will be happy and a die hard fan. Now if the team turned into more of an 'english' style of play team... then I'd quit lol.

I do hope sooner or later they try to get a good bolivian player.... but its hard with the high price tag our guys have who may not be worth it to say a cheaper central american or unknown argentine/brasilian.

7. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I saw the game against New England I like this dc united those guys hussle for eveyr ball we need a better cb but it looks good, when is the next home game who is going???:)

8. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Not sure how this ties into the Bolivia forum anymore but I'll let it stand if you guys want it. Yesterdays game showcased the awesome officiating that comes with MLS. What an abortion.