DC United Supporters in Diaspora: Let's talk about this board.

Discussion in 'Supporters Abroad' started by Knave, Mar 18, 2005.

1. EL SANTO 1967

EL SANTO 1967 New Member

Jun 20, 2006
    SANTA ANA
    I Will Do That In The Next Few Weeks.

2. EL SANTO 1967

EL SANTO 1967 New Member

Jun 20, 2006
    SANTA ANA
    So Where Is Everyone Meeting At Will Be There Early.

3. Nytshade

Nytshade Member

May 21, 2001
    Newport News, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey all,

I've been looking forward to the Chivas USA/DC game for some time. I was in Germany at da' cup for the LA/DC Game. I sent an e-mail to someone over at La Barra Brava about 3 weeks ago trying to get some info on where the DC fans are going to be sitting and where they are meeting prior to the game. But I never heard anything back. I'll be coming up from San Diego for the game, and hopefully bring some other of the faithful to the match.

If anyone has any news on where the United fans are meeting and then ultimately sitting at the HDC, I'd greatly appreciate the 411.

4. JayJay4Pres

JayJay4Pres New Member

May 10, 2003
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Game is still over a month away.

Knave, have you contacted the ChivasUSA office?

5. Nytshade

Nytshade Member

May 21, 2001
    Newport News, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I know it's over a month away, but it is also Labor Day weekend, and those games, albeit the Chivas, do tend to sell out. I'd rather get the plans going now. We made the mistake of driving up to the HDC last weekend on a whim, and the Galaxy/Chivas game was sold out. Not an experience I'd like to relive.

Anyway, if anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

6. JayJay4Pres

JayJay4Pres New Member

May 10, 2003
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Knave doesn't post anything by Wednesday, I'll call the Chivas office to see what we can get done.

7. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    I'm not sure I'll be in town to go to this game so I'm not the best person to organize things.

8. JayJay4Pres

JayJay4Pres New Member

May 10, 2003
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ok, I'll take over organizing duties then. I'll get in contact with Chivas within the next week. I'll post a match-specific thread, so let's take the talk there.

9. EL SANTO 1967

EL SANTO 1967 New Member

Jun 20, 2006
    SANTA ANA
    I Will Be There I Need Four Tickets 2 Adult 2 Kids.

10. JayJay4Pres

JayJay4Pres New Member

May 10, 2003
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's the deal:

I called Chivas ticket office, the rep basically said we can't get a discount unless all tickets are purchased together.

the ticket price for the section we sat in last year(138, in a corner, where the LARS sits at Galaxy games) are 18 bucks each...if everyone is ok with that price, I say just go ahead and order tickets at that price, if you wish for cheaper tickets, the opposite end is 14 bucks, but that is where we at the Galaxy game, and is quite close to where Legion 1908 or whatever their name sits or stands or whatever.

So figure out what you guys want to do and I will see what I can do.

11. EL SANTO 1967

EL SANTO 1967 New Member

Jun 20, 2006
    SANTA ANA
    It Doesn't Matter To Where I Sit Just Count Us In For Four.

12. PhillyUnitedFan

PhillyUnitedFan New Member

Aug 3, 2006
    Philadelphia DC United fan checking in.

13. Nytshade

Nytshade Member

May 21, 2001
    Newport News, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey JayJay,

Thanks for doing the footwork on this. I say we sit there where the LA Riot Squad sits. That is actually a great vantage point and there isn't a bad sight line in that whole section. I've got 4 people coming for sure, so I'll see you guys there. As for a place to 'tailgate'/'pre-party', that area is really pretty desperate for a good spot to throw back a few cold ones. We keep ending up at the mall up the street at Tony Roma's BBQ. They have some decent sized brews and okay food. There's also a park about 4 blocks away from the stadium on 192nd. We have been known to BBQ there and get a bit stupid. If anyone is more familiar with the area and has any suggestions, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks again JayJay.

Scott!

8 All-Stars and counting for August 5th!!!

14. JayJay4Pres

JayJay4Pres New Member

May 10, 2003
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ok, Section 138 it is. Contact Anthony in the Chivas office at: Anthony

310-630-4578

I just left a message telling him that I would have us all order seperatly and to please get us together. Make sure he knows your a DC fan.

15. Nytshade

Nytshade Member

May 21, 2001
    Newport News, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Once again, check out JayJay. The man is an unstoppable force. The DC fans are lucky to have you my friend. I for one, will be buying your first drink, where ever we meet. I only hope it's outside of HDC. :0) Get the word out to the faithful. Section 138 for the Black and Red to terrorize/exorcise the HDC. I honestly expect this to be a great match. DC obviously is unstoppable (hopefully the commentator curse doesn't come down to the message boards) and CD Chivas USA is on an upswing to honor themselves proud. While I think DC will mop the floor with them, I'm optimistic the Chivas will remind them where they are and make a game out of it. Unless anyone says otherwise, let's all meet at the park on the left hand side of 192nd at the Links of Victoria just off of Avalon around noon. Just pop the colors, and the faithful will find you. Hopefully, this is enough info. If not, just write back to this post and I'll do what I can to help 'the faithful'. (It's beginning to sound like a cult.)

I can't wait for this game. Long live the Black and Red!

Scott!

8 All-Stars and counting for August 5th!!!

16. jade1mls

jade1mls Member

Jul 9, 2006
    Seattle
    Seattle Washington bound.

17. Nytshade

Nytshade Member

May 21, 2001
    Newport News, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, Jade! Take many photos! Post as many as you can on the Open Forum. I'm very Jealous. I almost considered leaving work and chancing being fired for this game. Maybe next year if/when Real Madrid invites us there.