DC United CONCACAF possible opponents on TV

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Jose L. Couso, Dec 4, 2004.

1. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    DC United CONCACAF possible opponents are on TV on Telemundo right now (4-6pm). The game features FAS (El Salvador) vs. Saprissa (Costa Rica).

The announcers mentioned DC United as one of the teams competing in the CONCACAF Champions Cup 2005.

This is a game in the final pre-liminary round (so they are fighting for a spot in the CONCACAF CUP 2005).

2. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    For those of you who get Telefutura...

Futbol de Mexico - Semifinal - Vuelta
    Atlas vs Pumas

Sun Dec 05 08:00PM Eastern

3. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Today is Olympia vs. FAS. Olympia I believe has already qualified for the tournament (could be wrong). There is no [R] in the title, so I won't reveal the score of the game today, but I believe it's ok for me to say that at the end of the game, there were several ejections that would leave Olympia shorthanded for the first game of the CCC (again, assuming that I am right that they have qualified). As a DCU fan, we should all be hoping to high heaven that we draw Olympia as our first round opponent because of who they will have to play without.

4. Zman Gunner

Zman Gunner BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 7, 2003
    Middletown, DE
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was talking to one of the sales reps at the Equipment sale - any CONCACAF Cup games will likely be Special Event Ticket games next year to replace the Notts Forest and Municipal type games that we had this year.

5. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    You are right. I too hope that DC United draws Olympia.

6. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    Works for me.

BRING IT!

7. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    The question remains if those red cards actually carry over into the Champions Cup. Olimpia was already qualified, why would they risk having five players suspended in the first round?

PS: All Central American teams have now been determined.

8. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    I can't really get excited about the CONCACAF Cup. Can't shake the feeling we're going to get screwed in Central America.

9. GUTuna

GUTuna Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Washington, DC USA
    Pretty much all the MLS teams get screwed down south. I think MLS is at like 1.5 red cards a game away in this tourney the past couple years.

10. BudWiser

BudWiser New Member

Jul 17, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
  11. So, anyone saw Atlas-Pumas?

12. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    I wish...good game?

PS: So is Monterrey the 2nd MFL team in the CCC or what?

13. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Haha, I hope we draw municipal again. They only had so-so support show up, and our b team beat their b-team, so Id fancy our a-team to drill their a-team, hopefully 6-0 again.

14. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since the teams have all been revealed now, i'll just come out and say it. Olimpia had 2 players ejected while sitting on the bench. 3 other players from the field were ejected in the last 10 minutes of the game. 3 of the players ejected were there starting defenders. And yes, the cards carry over as they are part of same tournament, just like the earlier rounds of Concacaf qualifying and the final hex round. Olimpia is decimated for the first game.

15. TEConnor

TEConnor New Member

Feb 22, 1999
    I saw a half of Saprissa FAS on Saturday. Yawn. Soporific. The second half was some of the best sleep I've had in weeks.

Tim

16. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    So we can guess that both Olympia and Municipal would be very good draws.

Also, while I completely agree that at times refs in other countries are ridiculously biased, you can't tell me that some of the hacks that MLS employs as defenders aren't asking for an ejection when they're putting in tackles that are deemed acceptable in Major League Soccer. Maybe they get punished too severely, but a lot of the guys that get kicked out aren't exactly angels on the field.

17. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Careful now...that was a friendly while this is two leg series. The last time you guys played Municipal's league rival you got spanked 4-0 in Guatemala. The easiest draw is most likely the Caribbean team (not to be taken lightly though, just ask Chicago...)

18. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland