DC United @ Chivas USA Thurs 9/6/07 Post-Match Thread [R]

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Riz, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shows that DOB still lacks basic soccer knowledge, if no one scores obviously nothing happened.....:rolleyes:

2. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and before last night, they had never come back to tie a game they were down by 2 in, so what?
    When they flashed that stat on the screen last night I said "crap, they're due".

Painfully, I was like 5 rows up right behind the goal, I saw it in vivid detail, it still makes me feel bad. Bounced right off Senor Goal's head if I recall.....
    This one reminded me a bit of that as well.

I've said it before but never meant it so literally .......
    DAMN ANTE RASOV's ASS !!!!!!!!

3. RayWhitney

RayWhitney Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Laurel, MD
    He was getting run all up and down the line, and (it seemed to me) he was honoring his defensive responsibilities at the expense of attack.

Also of note, his long, diagonal passes are most effective when delivered to attackers running in from the opposite wing. That happened a few times, but let's face it, they were gassed. No sense bombing long balls in to areas without DCU players to receive them.

4. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This intrigues me. Weren't Edozien and Joseph teammates at New England for a while? Was it another Joey Franchino moment?

5. JuanMa

JuanMa Member

Jul 22, 2003
    MD
    Re: DC United @ Chivas USA Thurs 9/6/07 Post-Match Thread

So where should we all send complaint emails/letters to? I am REALLY upset with ESPN. Maybe Boswell should be our spokesperson.

Seriously, we should take advantage of these boards to mass mail and annoy the heck out of these morons. DCUnited deserves more respect. Fans deserve more respect. It is not just sponsors who should be upset. Heck, even Beckham should be upset.

6. MattMathai

MattMathai BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 28, 2004
    Annapolis
    Doh!

My apologies, NicktheGreek.

7. The Cold Sea

The Cold Sea Señor Mejor

Feb 17, 2005
    The District
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

The blackout, late start, etc., kind of pales compared to the halftime show where the score of the game in progress (that would be our game) had the score as DC 1 and Chicago 2. True. To the left of the news reader was a graphic with Chicago's logo with a "2" underneath it and DC logo with a "1" underneath it. I can take the blackout and I can take the late start, but get the damned simple stuff correct. How hard is it to have the score of the game in progress that is being broadcast correct?

8. jwgreen40

jwgreen40 Member

Jun 18, 2003

is that our boy Stokes (namesake of the infamous Stokes Army)??? :)

9. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't buy the "fatigue" excuse at all. We shouldn't have been particularly fatigued last night after a four-day rest; but we are very likely to be fatigued Sunday afternoon after only two days of rest and a cross-country flight.

10. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I also frustratedly laughed when at 10:58, after quite a long time of the ticker running "Program Alert": MLS Kickoff will be at 10:53", when the regular ticker got around to displaying MLS, it said "DC United @ Chivas USA, 10:30 on ESPN2" :rolleyes:

11. nobletea

nobletea Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 29, 2004
    HarCo
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're right about those two games, and I didn't put much thought into which games, some of them may have been draws. Hell, some of them may have been last year. Just seems like a refrain around here to me. Like I said, I'm guilty sometimes.

Not that giving up two goals is fine, but you're out in front early on and figure, hey we should win this, but if for some crazy reason (like Razov scoring with his ass) it goes awry, we should at least come out with a tie, which is maybe, as you also said, is all Soehn really wanted before the game. Just my take though.

Yeah I just wasn't as disappointed. I guess massive defensive lapses leading to those two goals or sinfully spurned chances at goal would have me more upset.

12. toomanywords

toomanywords Member

Feb 25, 2002
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    DC United
    So the Razov ass goal was YOUR fault?

13. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Props to DC United.

They started strong, intense ,and fierce.

My goats couldn't match the pace until after the 2nd goal.

You guys hung tough. A little chippy, but nothing crazy. Kept the one point.

Tying us at our house has only been done by Galaxy this year. You guys deserve a bunch of credit for that.

Also, props to the DC fans and Phoenix crew in sections 135-136.

Stay strong and hopefully we'll be in DC playing for the MLS Cup.

[​IMG]

14. gocaps

gocaps Member

Sep 23, 2000
    With the SEs in 134
    You and me both. 1997. Keller dicked around with the ball on the ground way too long and then tried to kick it upfield. Hermosillo jumped, blocked it with his head, and it slowly, painfully trickled in. It seems like that play happened 10 feet in front of us.

15. DCU

DCU Member

Feb 15, 1999
    Bay Area, CA
    Whatever. The ref was terrible and let Chivas get away with everything. His linesman blew the offside call.

16. SavannahFan

SavannahFan New Member

Nov 8, 2005
    RFK Section 135
    Club:
    DC United
    I think it was more of a mental thing than just physical.

DC had bitch slapped Chivas with the first two goals, and all 22 players on the pitch seemed to resigned themselves to the game being "over" already.

Then the rebound goal, and our team is stuck in "game's over" mode, while Chivas feels like they are on a mission from God to win that game...

United's heads were just not in the game after that first Chivas goal.

17. RedAndBlack

RedAndBlack New Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Maryland

I have never been a fan of Kevin. Back when I was a "youth prospect" ref I went to a game to watch and critique his "game" and I flat out said he sucked:)

As for the linesmen, let me tell you, that call isn't as easy as it looks. At home you have the slow motion and stuff. But for him, the attacker is running forward, defender was pushing up and you have to tell when the ball is played. Easy call at home, but not on the field

18. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't believe in the "ESPN only bought two hours of satellite" theory. They lost the feed for some reason. Saying it was because they didn't book enough time on the bird is nothing but speculation.

19. ursula

ursula Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Republic of Cascadia
    Re: About Burch:

I think this is right. We were gassed. Olsen wasn't nearly so active last night.

I also think that Chivas was more aware of Burch sending diagionals to Olsen and/or the forwards than Dallas was, probably because they are a better defensive team than Dallas is. And also, after other teams watched United flay Dallas they all thought about how to stop Burch. Its part of the never ending adjustments teams do.

20. scarshins

scarshins Member

Jun 13, 2000
    fcva
    our team deserves a standing ovation when they take the field Sunday, we just got 7 points from 3 road games...

who's with me? :)

21. RedAndBlack

RedAndBlack New Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Maryland

I do this every game, they always deserve an ovation when they take the field.

22. Stadium-Armory

Sep 6, 2006
    H Street NE
    Club:
    DC United
    We got 4 points off of back-to-back road games against two of the three best teams in the West! If we take out the Revs on Sunday we're in the driver's seat for home-field advantage throughout the playoffs and the Supporter's Shield.

Not too shabby, BUT it could have been perfect.

23. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're gonna get our asses kicked by the Revs on Sunday

[/anti bad luck mojo post]

24. nobletea

nobletea Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 29, 2004
    HarCo
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree, but...

Two, of the three best teams, in a divsion of FIVE.

Perspective. That's all.

25. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I presume you're saying "five" rather than "six" because LA no longer counts as a team?