DC UNITED - ATLANTA Chapter

Discussion in 'Supporters Abroad' started by Barbieri, Jun 18, 2005.

1. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the information/directions. I didn't make it over last night will try and make it the next time there is a weekday game.

2. Longshoe

Longshoe New Member

Mar 6, 1999
    Atlanta, GA, USA
    Cool, if you're in the midtown area, you might just want to take a cab. It wouldn't be that expensive because it really isn't that far. It's worth looking into.

3. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is anyone going for the US WCQ tomorrow night? I was thinking about heading over there after work.

4. Longshoe

Longshoe New Member

Mar 6, 1999
    Atlanta, GA, USA
    Sorry, I missed the reply. We were there, and we even cheered the CRapids on their way to knocking off the hated Revs. We'll be there again this weekend for the Gals game. We do our best to keep the Brewhouse in business, that's our motto.

5. neilgrossman

neilgrossman New Member

May 12, 2000
    Hoboken, NJ
    I just moved to Atlanta on Saturday and would love to join the ATL chapter. I stopped by Brewhouse on Wednesday wearing my Freddy Adu T-shirt. I was impressed by the crowd for the Nats game. It looks like a great place to watch soccer. I'll definitely be back.

6. Longshoe

Longshoe New Member

Mar 6, 1999
    Atlanta, GA, USA
    Cool, we saw the Freddy shirt across the bar and were wondering who that was. We're always in the room on the left, the "Rowdy Room" as it was dubbed during Euro 2004. We'll be at the bar Saturday night, come join us!

7. neilgrossman

neilgrossman New Member

May 12, 2000
    Hoboken, NJ
    This Saturday may be tough to make. I'm starting at Emory's B-school and there is the meet-everyone party that night. It looks like I'll get my first chance to try out my TiVo instead. When I make it out next, I'll look for you in the rowdy room.

Vamos United!

8. Longshoe

Longshoe New Member

Mar 6, 1999
    Atlanta, GA, USA
    I'm sure we'll be there for a good while Saturday night, stop by if you get a chance. If not, we'll see you next week.

Be ready for the Duck Farts...

9. Barbieri

Barbieri Member+

Jul 8, 2004
    Decatur, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good to meet you Neil... tough match for everyone, but glad you meet up with us.

10. neilgrossman

neilgrossman New Member

May 12, 2000
    Hoboken, NJ
    I really enjoyed watching the game at the Brewhouse. I strongly suggest anyone living in ATL or passing through catch a game there.

11. ThrashBoy

ThrashBoy New Member

Aug 28, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    That was me.
    My brother and I watched one of the group stage games there because we don't get FSC at home.

Anyways, I didn't know this thread existed until neilgrossman piqued my interest in D.C. fans here.

neil, thanks for coming to the 'Backs game yesterday. Sorry you moved here at the end of the season, but I'm glad you got to experience a game here before next year.

If anyone has any questions about the 'Backs, the Brewhouse (my home away from home), etc., feel free to ask. I've lived here for almost 25 years now, so I know pretty much everything about soccer in Atlanta.

12. Barbieri

Barbieri Member+

Jul 8, 2004
    Decatur, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL, I figured the person who came by would finnally see this and post here. We're always up on Saturday's watching DC Thrash, feel free to join us.

This weekend we were up at C-Bus for USMNT. A little roadtrip for the fan club.

13. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Did you run into the bunch that tailgated there before that match from DC? I think like 20 or so made the trip to Cowlumbus.

14. Barbieri

Barbieri Member+

Jul 8, 2004
    Decatur, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We did meet a big group right near the SA Charity Barbeque. Had a tent and the poker table set up. Great bunch of folks.

We also saw a group of DC fans at the Crown Plaza in the morning all geared up.

We had a great time at C-Bus.

15. El Guero Naco

El Guero Naco New Member

Sep 1, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Hey guys, I was hoping to make it out to a game before I leave for Spain in about 2 weeks.

Will you be there for the 2nd leg of the Sudamericana? I'd like to watch that game with you guys, but if you're not gonna be there I'll head down on Saturday.

16. Barbieri

Barbieri Member+

Jul 8, 2004
    Decatur, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guero,

For Copa Sud this week, most people were working, but Longshoe, my GF and I were there. Shoe, Martha and I will be there to watch the 2nd leg too. Hopefully the others can get their schedules to synch...

As for Saturday, we are in a good pattern. Most of the "Fan Club" are there about 1 -to- 1/2 hour before the start.

When you walk inside, look to the left, we'll be at the bar. If your geared up, I'll probably be the first one to say hello.

Barbieri

17. El Guero Naco

El Guero Naco New Member

Sep 1, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    I won't be wearing any DC gear, my brother has the Adu jersey. I'd just like to watch a game with you guys.

If Neil is there then I'm pretty sure he'll recognize me.

18. Barbieri

Barbieri Member+

Jul 8, 2004
    Decatur, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds good... just say hello when you see us.. we'll be there :)

19. neilgrossman

neilgrossman New Member

May 12, 2000
    Hoboken, NJ
    Unfortunately, it looks like I may have to miss this one. My Sunday night plans became Saturday night plans. I'm not really in a position to change them.

El Guero Naco, you'll love the crowd.

I'll be surprised if I can't make it for the Thursday night game assuming it's at a reasonable time.

20. Longshoe

Longshoe New Member

Mar 6, 1999
    Atlanta, GA, USA
    soccertv.com says that Thursday's game will kick off at 8. I thought it might be later, but that's what I've found thus far. We'll see you guys Saturday (or Thursday)...

21. El Guero Naco

El Guero Naco New Member

Sep 1, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Game time is 7:30...

I'm not sure if I can make it Saturday night, but I'll definitely be there on Thursday.

Gotta talk with the old man about paying my bills while I'm in Spain for 9 months...I'll make sure to give him numerous beers...

22. neilgrossman

neilgrossman New Member

May 12, 2000
    Hoboken, NJ
    On Tuesday, the game was scheduled for 7:30 and they pushed the start time back for Fox Soccer Channel. It's possible the same thing could be happening here.

According to Fox Soccer Channel's schedule, coverage is at 8:00.
    http://www2.foxsports.com/world/pdf/fsw39.pdf

According to DC United's website, game time is To Be Announced.

23. neilgrossman

neilgrossman New Member

May 12, 2000
    Hoboken, NJ
    This thread has been a bit quiet lately and attendance at the Brewhouse may be down. (I think most of us, including me, missed the last home game. I'm questionable for this week because of 3 midterms coming up in Monday through Thursday, but it's more likely I'll be there than not.)

It was great that we did some singing like the Barra / Eagles seaction a few games ago. This link to the full song list might be helpful for future games.

http://www.barra-brava.com/songs/songs_chants.asp

24. Barbieri

Barbieri Member+

Jul 8, 2004
    Decatur, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Neil... Martha and I were up in DC this weekend (IIRC, I think I told you we also went to pick up a car we bought) and went to the game. Gary and our friends Angela and Isabella met us there (Angela and Isabella live in Reston, VA). Big thanks to Oscar, his buddies and all of Barra for such a great time.

[​IMG]
    L to R: Isabella, Angela & Martha

We'll be at the Brew on Friday. Y'all best be there :)

25. neilgrossman

neilgrossman New Member

May 12, 2000
    Hoboken, NJ