DC UNITED - ATLANTA Chapter

Discussion in 'Supporters Abroad' started by Barbieri, Jun 18, 2005.

1. Barbieri

Barbieri Member+

Jul 8, 2004
    Decatur, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Recently, one of the bartenders at Brewhouse told me two people came in wearing DC United Freddy jerseys and were watching the Youth World Cup. I though it was one of the original DCU-ATL crew, and it wasn't... they were NEW fans.

So my question is, "Where the hell are you on Saturdays?"

Therefore, I am posting again and make this the offical centralized DCU-ATL thread and reiterate all the conversations we have had in other threads.

We are DC United fans who meet at the Brewhouse Cafe in Little Five Points for just about every telecast involving DC United (and round out the schedule with USMNT and EPL).

All DC United fans in the Atlanta area looking for a group to watch with, come on down. Especially those who have already posted and never showed up. No excuses now. We did all the work. You won't be alone, we're rolling deep and sit at the bar on the left side (Rowdy Room). Just look for the DC United jerseys.

See you Saturday.

[​IMG]
    Does Anyone Know How To Sew?

2. Joel Kennedy

Joel Kennedy New Member

Mar 19, 2005
    ATL
    Hey. New to ATL but I've been to the Brewhouse a few times for Nat games.

Does the Brewhouse have the MLS direct kick package? That is, do they show DCU games that aren't on ESPN(2) or FSC?

trying to figure out when to show up...

3. Longshoe

Longshoe New Member

Mar 6, 1999
    Atlanta, GA, USA
    They don't currently have the Direct Kick package, but we're working on it. We'll keep you posted here, hopefully it will be within the next couple of weeks.

Good win tonight for the boys, nice to see some goals early.

4. ThePuck

ThePuck New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    D.C., M.F., W?!?!
    One of the bois is from Atl, he brings his guys from his unit most times. Rumour is, they might be getting their own team to root for in a year or so. Alot of people from here to there root for us, Chapel Hill, Southern Va, I met a group of black kids 3 years ago from South Carolina who were down since day 1, and a group of heads from Tennese, from all across the state they came for a game. Had jerseys and everything. Without more clubs, we take Pennsylvania, too, along with WV, we miss you, Nate! Sad, but being #1 does provide a security in supporting a team that some have never even seen live...

5. Joel Kennedy

Joel Kennedy New Member

Mar 19, 2005
    ATL
    Okay so until i read here differently i'll only show up at the brewhouse if DCU is playing on ESPN(2) or FSC. Do I have this right? thnx.

6. Longshoe

Longshoe New Member

Mar 6, 1999
    Atlanta, GA, USA
    Yeah, any FSC or ESPN games will be on at the Brewhouse. Hopefully we'll be able to work something out on the Direct Kick package and we'll keep y'all posted here.

7. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL

Is that the COBB FC symbol in bottom right???

8. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
  9. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm currently working in Atlanta for most of the summer. But I'm only there during the week. Is the Brewhouse near a MARTA stop? Is the upcoming game with Chicago on either ESPM or Fox Soccer Channel?

10. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    FYI to Atlanta folks, Atlanta vs. Virgina Beach is being aired on FSC this Friday
    Enjoy!

11. Joel Kennedy

Joel Kennedy New Member

Mar 19, 2005
    ATL
    It's not near a subway stop, sadly, but you could get their using a bus transfer.

http://www.brewhousecafe.com/

http://www.itsmarta.com/

12. Barbieri

Barbieri Member+

Jul 8, 2004
    Decatur, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know if they use it, but that is the old NASL Chiefs logo from 1979... here is a link for 1968 inarguaral logo: 1968 Chiefs. Atlanta city seal to the left. Props to the city and the NASL past, etc.

And some trivia... the Backs logo was created by my GF's design firm, Iconologic. :)

13. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    I think they do use it. I donno i'll have to look at my friend's shorts because I do not play there.

14. Barbieri

Barbieri Member+

Jul 8, 2004
    Decatur, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Brewhouse is going through a television upgrade.

They had 8 televisions with 3 satellite feeds. In preparation for next summer, they have installed 5 new televisions (with 4 outside) and will be getting a digital projector for outside as well. In addition, they are also getting each television its own satellite feed. Pretty sweet.

It is not affecting the current system's capabilities ans should be a seemless transition.

And even better, because of our request (and how cheap it is) they'll be getting MLS Direct Kick package when the upgrades are finished. (Hopefully during the next three weeks with no DCU nationally...)

DC UNITED ATLANTA --- Working For You!

15. Joel Kennedy

Joel Kennedy New Member

Mar 19, 2005
    ATL

Wow great news ... thnx for putting in that request too. Look forward to meeting everyone saturday ... DCU v KC 6est espn2.

16. Barbieri

Barbieri Member+

Jul 8, 2004
    Decatur, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NP Joel! See you Saturday!

17. Barbieri

Barbieri Member+

Jul 8, 2004
    Decatur, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Puck, do you have a link to that info or it is grapevine?

18. Joel Kennedy

Joel Kennedy New Member

Mar 19, 2005
    ATL
    Hey does the Brewhouse have Telefutura? (i.e. will they be showing US v. Canada on saturday?)

19. Longshoe

Longshoe New Member

Mar 6, 1999
    Atlanta, GA, USA
    I don't think they do, I'll see what I can find out...

20. wolverine_95

wolverine_95 New Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Downtown
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While I was visiting my parents in Atlanta, I had the pleasure of watching the DCU @ Galaxy game with the Atlanta Chapter. They may not have been at RFK but they had everything else, alcohol, comradery, optimism, pessimism, and exuberant joy. As complete a game day experience as you can find without going to RFK.

It makes no sense to live in Atlanta, be a soccer fan, and not go to watch a game with these guys.

The best part about watching the game with the Atlanta Chapter is that we yelled so loudly when we scored that the rest of the bar wanted to know what the big deal was. Way to the spread the word guys!

21. Longshoe

Longshoe New Member

Mar 6, 1999
    Atlanta, GA, USA
    Thanks for joining us and for all the kind words. I think we might have scared the rest of the bar when Freddy hit that game winner.

Looking forward to next time you're in town...

22. Barbieri

Barbieri Member+

Jul 8, 2004
    Decatur, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey wolvie! We're glad that you stopped by and had such a great time! Thanks for the propers!

As for the rest of you, if you are a DC Fan, and either here for a stop over or are a full-time resident, come on down and join us!

DC UNITED ATLANTA --- Petitioning for a station stop on the Outer Purple Line

23. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know if the Brewhouse has picked up the DK yet? I'm in Atlanta on business and would like to watch the game some where. Also, I understand that it's not right by a MARTA stop, but what would be the closest one to it? I'm working in the Midtown area if that helps for directions.

24. Barbieri

Barbieri Member+

Jul 8, 2004
    Decatur, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It did get DK. We watched the DC @ Fire game on Saturday there. Feel free to be there this weekend with us, we always encourge other DC Fans to join us!

We will be there for tonight's game against the Scum...

25. jsdelp76

jsdelp76 Member

Feb 28, 2002
    Atlanta
    Inman Park/ Reynoldstown Station is the closest station. You can actually walk from the station (less than a mile, but it is quite the walk). I am not sure what bus goes by Brewhouse, but I think it is #48. You can call MARTA to check it out (www.itsmarta.com)